“Cosy, lovely and definitely worth coming back”

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #164 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Thane, India
“Cosy, lovely and definitely worth coming back”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are a group of doctors who had come here from India for a medical conference. Overall the service was good, rooms were big and cosy. The front desk was quire courteous and I used to get my coffee pods even at 5.000 AM when I asked for them. Our tour operator had arranged for breakfast, lunch & dinner from a catering service ( I guess Tabla Restaurant) so that we all could eat Indian food while we stayed here. I am not writing on behalf of the group. The opinions expressed here are totally my own. The rooms were delightful, the room service was very polite and courteous. The front desk too was helpful. I would salivate on the aroma of the food here but since I am a pure vegetarian and we all ate on the food from the catering service , I am not in a position to opine on food here.

The ear plugs were welcome & commendable, I greatly appreciate the availability of business centre 24x7 and complimentary printing facilities of your boarding passes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your kind endorsement and hope we will see you visiting the area again some day!

Warm regards,
Stephanie Banks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very slow at checking guests in. After you register they tell you you can pay an additional $17 per night to park in "their" parking garage or $20 p/nt for parking w/valet service. There is NO outside parking unless you park on the street which most of the time you'd have to park a city block away or more. I've never had to pay for parking at a hotel that owns the parking garage. This is just a way for them to show a lower price for your stay and to gouge you after the fact. I find it a very poor way of doing business!!!!
Then when you park in the garage the first 2 floors are for valet so you have to carry all of your luggage to the parking garage elevator down to the lobby and take another elevator up to your floor.
Very inconvenient!!!

Room Tip: stay at another hotel!
1 Thank David W
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your opinion of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding the parking and valet and we will pass these comments on to the company responsible for the garage as they are a separate entity form the hotel itself. The entire downtown area, like many major U.S. cities, has limited no fee parking and we have to rely on these garages to house our vehicles while in the city center. We do hope that won't prevent you from visiting the city beautiful again, someday soon.

Best Regards,
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Charming hotel, very nice decor. Outstanding customer service, valet and restaurant staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant serves excellent food, there is a small but nice bar, an Internet hub, a small cafe serving a quick bite and.Starbucks coffee. I didn't use any of the other amenities so I can't opine on those. You can park for a fee, if you self park it's a few bucks cheaper but you have to pay the attendant in cash on the spot because it is a timeshare. I have no complaints, the location is fantastic if you're driving since its right off the highway. This is a great stay if you are in the area on business.

1 Thank Cco4242
We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel, the team, the food and your stay!
Hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel has a nice decorative lobby. The room was really clean. If you can get a room that faces the Orlando skyline for a nice view. As far as the train, we did not hear it at all during the night. If you don't want to pay the high parking price of $17 per night, there are a couple streets on the roads around the hotel that have free parking. I received this tip form a gentleman in the lobby. Also there is a free shuttle that can take you to all the downtown bars until 10pm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are really happy you enjoyed your stay, we will pass your thoughts on to the parking company regarding the fees but definitely ask us for more "local" tips next time you're here, we love to share them!
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I was concerned about the distance to the city center, it was too far to walk for business but the hotel provided a complementary shuttle that was like having a private car and driver. They took me right to my meeting and picked me up afterward. The hotel was on a lake. Very nice surroundings. Staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet was outstanding, pricey but no more than you would expect at hotel. If you have a car you can go somewhere less expensive but if you are without wheels it was a good choice. I'll come back.

In one word, THANK YOU! We really do hope you will be back soon!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for business in downtown Orlando. I had a beautiful view of the lake, but the multiple trains that ran from midnight to 5:00AM did not make up for the loud noise. I felt like My Cousin Vinny; it took forever for the hot water to get hot enough for a shower; room service was quick; I would not stay here again unless it was the weekend when the trains do not run. Rooms are outdated, and need updating but I did get my hot cookie!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of downtown would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are glad you enjoy the Doubletree brand. We truly hope you will consider trying us again in the future. We are currently in the process of updating the hotel rooms, with floors 4 and 5 out of service for renovation. We apologize for the train, some engineers like to be more aggressive than others with their horns but there is a plan to make the downtown area a quiet zone with coming changes to add SunRail.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Although it is titled Orlando Downtown, the DoubleTree Orlando isn't really downtown, or at least the part of downtown where there are restaurants, activities, etc. I stayed in this hotel because it is nearby where I needed to be and the price was a consideration, better than other "downtown" hotels. On the plus side the hotel is clean and comfortable and area is quieter than the city center. A complaint about this hotel, is the lack of staffing at the front desk. Both times I stayed at the hotel, when checking into the DoubleTree Orlando Downtown there was only one person working the desk despite a line of guests waiting to check-in. The desk clerk was polite and apologized for being the only person at the desk, but I suspect that this is the norm and not the exception. Although it wasn't a bad experience, I will probably stay at another hotel when I need to be in Downtown Orlando again the next time.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for writing about the hotel, we are actually at the start of the downtown line for the city of Orlando, as designated by the city signage right at the corner of the street. We recognize the hub is few blocks down, which is why we provide a shuttle services do our guests can take advantage of it! We appreciate your comments and promise you that having a single agent at the desk is not our norm.