DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salem, Oregon
“Great”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The property was terrific, the service was excellent in particular the restaurant especially our food service lady named "Jackie" and the food was great. We were there for the business of rest not looking for entertainment and it fit our needs exactly.

Room Tip: very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank victor b
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, we will especially pass on teh compliment to our lounge server. Have a wonderful and we hope to see you again soon!

Stephanie Banks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall, hotel isn't bad. A bit under renovations, but the only thing that really affects is that it takes an extra 3 mins to get to the pool. Hotel is fairly clean, but the walls are super thin (very easy to hear people on both sides if they're at all loud). Garage is $15/day but can often find street parking there especially if getting there early. It's not in the center of downtown, but right off I-4, making it easy to get to anywhere and 5 mins from the actual downtown of Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up floor for more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DEtraveler83
Near Augusta
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked this trip through etoursandtravels.com and was promised a grand stay at the luxurious Doubltree by Hilton in Downtown Orlando. To put this mildly, I was extremely disappointed. First of all, if it is too good to be true, I have certainly learned now, it really IS! This hotel quality could not surpass that of a Super 8. The lamps were broken, the AC did not work very well, half of the electrical outlets were nonfunctional, which sucked because we had to unplug the tv in order to charge our cell phones. If you want a microwave, you have to pay an additional $10 a night for it. If you want a fridge, you have to request it. If you want a washcloth, you have to request them. I stayed for 4 nights, and I had to call the front desk EACH night for wash cloths. We had 2 days without hot water! After touring Orlando in July…trust me, you need a hot shower, and washcloths to lather up some good soap! The iron leaked – do not add water for steam---will ruin your clothes. Had to go to 4th floor by the elevator, and then walk up 2 flights of stairs to enter their “spa” and pool on the 6th floor. Was very dirty looking along the way and nasty! Reminded me of a horror movie! The web site offered an Olympic-Sized pool, but was no bigger than one at a Super 8 or any other low quality hotel.
On the 2nd morning of no hot water, I called the front desk to find out when they expected it to be fixed. I had not had a proper shower the night before and would like one obviously before I headed back out to enjoy my vacation. She informed me that they were working on it and she did not know for sure. I asked her what she suggested I do – if there was another room or area I could shower, thinking that maybe it was only my floor. She informed me that there was nothing she could do about the water situation. I let her know then that I was not happy about the “situation.” She THEN offered me to come down to the front desk to pick up coupons for me and my family to have a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. I did not see how that would fix my problem, yet I accepted.
The breakfast was delicious, and I was feeling a little more upbeat. I tied my hair back and my family and I went out to enjoy the rest of our day and forget about the hotel catastrophe.
We returned around 3:00, and I saw that our room was not cleaned yet. I am a very neat person. The maid truly did not have much to do in our room but take out the trash, replace the towels and coffee, and make the beds. This being our third night, and in the last two, I have had to call the front desk to send up wash cloths, I wrote a kind note and placed it on the closed toilet lid in the bathroom to please leave 5 washcloths. (My husband and I like fresh washcloths in the morning to wash our faces.) We left the room so the maid could do her/his job and when we returned after 6:00, once again, we had NO washcloths. The water was fixed and I after I called the front desk for some washcloths (they only gave me 3) I was finally able to shower before going out for dinner.
On the morning of our departure, I awoke at 7:30 a.m. to find a check –out slip pushed under the door which stated that there was no need to go to the front desk, and we could simply leave the keys in the room. All we had to do was call to let them know when we were leaving. I wondered why, if they could slide this under the door, then why they couldn’t have slid the coupons -for that complimentary breakfast to amend the water situation-under the door? What if I had listened to my husband and not called to find out about the water that morning and let the receptionist know how I felt about it? What about all of the others in the hotel who was equally upset and did not call to complain? What about the people who left that morning?
My point is, do not be fooled by the name. This hotel is not a high-end, luxurious hotel by no means. The lobby IS beautiful, but that is the only thing grand about this hotel. I recommend the Sheraton on International Drive. The last time my family and I stayed in Orlando, we stayed there and it was spectacular! (5 stars!)

Room Tip: The last time my family and I stayed in Orlando, we stayed there and it was spectacular! (5 stars!)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mlissajc
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We apologize for the unfortunate emergency water situation that occurred during your stay with us. Thankfully the hotel team reacted quickly during this emergency and had the water repaired same day but unfortunately it was not time enough to make your stay better. With the water having to be shut off to the entire building it did hinder our laundry services as well. We provide the express checkout as a convenience for our guests departure and when we provide breakfast coupons to aid in guest satisfaction it our intention to speak with you personally at that time. W have learned that we need to improve communication during a challenging situation to our guests and again we thank you for helping us to improve.
Well wishes,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had called the week prior to make sure thay we could be in a room that had Queens instead of doubles. The lady told me not to downgrade because" Priceline had set me up for a corner king room with pull out couch."..We went to our room and there was one King room only. They said there was not any rooms with 2 beds so had to find a room with a king and pull out bed. The guy who helped us was so angry he was shaking and was unable to talk to me...Other guests were all in the same shape there were only 2 people working in the whole hotel and one luggage rack to share for the whole hotel in which they charged you 15.00 to park and take your own luggage from the parking garage to the hotel room....To top it off the hotel was out of hot water for 2 day!!!No showers 4 stars is way overated I got better at 2 star hotels!!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel ... You are at their mercy even if you make reservations ahead. They do n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Marisa B
We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the challenges you experienced during your stay. We sincerely apologize for the circumstance that left you feeling dissatisfied with your stay and for the inconvenience of being here when our hot water main malfunctioned. Thankfully the hotel team reacted quickly during this emergency and had the water repaired same day but unfortunately it was not time enough to make your stay better. Again your comments are very appreciated as they will serve to help us improve our service in every department, we do hope that you will give us an opportunity to prove that to you, one day.
Best regards,

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This property was an absolute disappointment. While the location is not ideal, it is ridiculous that their parking garage charges more than $15 a night. This is absurd for a hotel that's away from everything and which doesn't offer anything special. Then there was the filthy carpet in our room. This thing hasn't been truly cleaned in ages (they've merely vacuumed it, but there were nasty stains all over). The same thing goes for the bed-covers. I guess this would be acceptable at some cheap motel, but not at this kind property. Additionally, the shower-head was covered with some white solid material which has accumulated for a very long time. The ice machine and the vending machines on our floor were out of service. This place needs to seriously address its housekeeping and maintainance.

Last, there was the customer service. When I called to confirm my reservation I was "helped" by a woman named Heather whose attitude was so poor that it foreshadowed what I was going to deal with upon arrival. Other members of the staff were kind enough, which sort of compensated for her mediocre customer service skills.

I will continue to use the services of this hotel chain, but I will never stay at this particular location. A customer deserves better.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank KookieKo
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
We are deeply apologetic that you experienced these items during your stay. This is not the impression we wish to leave our guests with and not the standard by which we wish to conduct business. We are currently working on improvements and are in the midst of complete room renovations, starting with our 4th and 5th floors. I greatly appreciate you bringing your concerns to light and we will definitely use this to better our service & relations with our guests.
Sincerest regards,
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

we stayed in double-tree during my wife's emergency delivery since hotel is very close to Florida hospital in room corner #1502, Two queen Beds and Sofa-bed, a delicious complimentary breakfast filled us up so that we never ate lunch (saving a lot of money) and only had late afternoon "snacks" and don't forget to ask for Omellete , a free shuttle to almost everywhere in Orlando the City, Thanks for everyone for making our stay comfortable !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank YEHYA_MAYA
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we can’t think of a better way to make it memorable!!
Congratulations, from the entire hotel team on the new addition to your family!

Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The room was nice although the bed was not a standard king. The leather furniture was not in the best condition. The room was spacious. The staff was very friendly. Construction made it difficult to get to the pool. Although the pool was a nice size for a hotel. We could hear the train in the distance but it was not a problem. Maybe it would be if you are a light sleeper. Shuttle was nice. I would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your favorable review. We look forward to having you back to experience some of the new furniture going into our guest rooms and to experience the final product once our renovated areas are complete. We hope these projects will enhance your stay even more!
Sincerest regards,