“Ugh....”

Ranked #166 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Ugh....”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Hotel is right next to a freeway and traintracks which wake you up at all hours of the night. Even on the 11th floor where I am. Walls are paper thin. Neighbors wake up call woke me up. And worst of all, $17 for a cold, old breakfast buffet? Please. Only consolation is my company is paying for this...too bad I have to deal with it.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Lala-jones
MarkMoravec, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit comments regarding your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown! I truly apologize for all of the disruptions that you experienced and that your breakfast buffet was not fresh and hot as is the standard expected for all guests who choose to dine with us during their stay. This breakfast experience will be reviewed and used as training for our entire culinary team. As a token of my sincere appreciation for your feedback, I would like to extend a service recovery certificate to you for future use. Please contact me directly at your convenience to arrange the details for this at (407) 802-3463.

Warmest Regards,
Mark Moravec
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
columbia, MD
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Very mixed reaction. Lovely appearance. Rooms are modern and average size but have no dresser. There is only a TV stand with two small drawers. TV didn't work but they fixed it right away. I needed replacements for feather pillows and they were replaced right away. They kept promising to replace the feather cover with an ordinary blanket, didn't do it, and finally told me that the hotel had none! Rooms were not made up. We had to walk the halls, find a hotel maid and bring her to our room. She understood not one word of English.

All the staff was extremely cordial and agreed to all requests, but then ignored the requests. Whenever I would ask for something and say that it had been previously promised but not delivered, I received profuse apologies, but then the request was ignored again.

Room service answers the phone only half the time. I let it ring 25 times.

We got the room online for $63, which is nevertheless an amazing price.

We booked it as a Sonesta Hotel but when we got here it was a Doubletree. They explained that they simply changed their franchisee, but it had the same ownership. But I wonder whether Sonesta dropped them for failure to live up to its standards. I wonder whether the hotel's owner is going broke and fired much of its staff and replaced them with very low wage workers?

Parking is $15/night extra.

If you can get this room for $63 and tolerate substandard service, you have a real bargain.

We didn't eat here because the prices are quite high.

The room had a refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank borance
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with us! I apologize that the experience, specifically the follow-through of my staff, was less than satisfactory during our transition from Sonesta to DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you a very memorable experience now that we have completed this transition. As a small token of my sincere apology for this stay, I would like to extend a service recovery certificate to you for future use. Please contact me directly at your convenience to arrange the details for this at (407) 802-3463.

Warmest Regards,