“items stolen and no help from staff”

Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #223 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 29, 2013

i had some packages shipped to this hotel for my fiancee to receive . out of 8 packages only 7 was collected. when my fiancee raised this with the hotel staff they were non to helpful to say the least. the item was recorded in their log along with the UPS details but the package was nowhere to be found. when she raised it with staff they took the high ground . she was eventually directed to a telephone call with the GM for the hotel. he immediately defended his employees and reprimanded my fiancee for arguing with his staff. Rather than try to investigate the situation he told he go report it to the police as it was out his hands. I am actually a platinum card holder with IHG and would like to burn it at this point i think this would be the last time i use this hotel group for anything. really disappointed. the value of the items was $472.90 cents. i think the loss was good value for the lesson learnt not to stay in this hotel or use the group

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank ian l

Reviewed August 25, 2013

In August 2013, we stayed there for a full week at a very reasonable rate and actually have reservations to return there in October. It is a nice – not a great – HIE hotel, very close to Downtown Disney. We stay at HIE hotels at least 10-14 days/year and this one is average for the brand. There are other HIE hotels nearby, for slightly more per day and slightly farther away from the Parks. We spent minimum amount of time in the hotel room and maximum time at the Parks.
Pros:
*Close to Downtown Disney
*Hotel was clean, parking lot well lighted
*Bedding, pillows, linens, towels, etc. all appear to be new and well maintained (smell clean).
*Maintenance is very responsive. At check-in, our hotel phone didn’t work and the handle to the balcony door was broken. Within 15 minutes of letting the Front Desk know, the phone had been reset and the maintainence guy was at our door and fixed the handle. Everything else in the room was in good condition.
*Good, hot plentiful breakfast: eggs, sausage, pancakes, 3-4 choices of cereal, oatmeal, muffins, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, tea. The workers stocking the breakfast area worked at a frantic pace keeping everything stocked and fresh. It’s too bad they don’t take tips!
*The hotel’s A/C works just fine. All common areas and hallways were cool. The A/C unit in our room was quiet and efficient.
*The pool area is lovely with a nice “rock” waterslide and plenty of chairs and some shade. We had our coffee out there every morning.
*I am hypersensitive to mold and never smelled any mold in any part of the hotel and it poured rain every single afternoon we were there. The carpets were very clean in the hotel room, hallways, and common areas.
Cons:
*Breakfast area is way too small, especially when the hotel is sold out, but all rooms have trays to bring breakfast back and eat in your room (not a bad idea).
*The 2 elevators are very slow. Be prepared to wait for the elevator a long time (> 5 mins.), especially if you are on an upper floor like we did (5th floor).
*The internet was mostly not working for the whole week we were there. They blamed a close lightning strike the afternoon we checked in, which apparently took down the hotel’s internet too. Do not plan on using the hotel internet during your stay; it will save you much frustration!
*Check-in was extremely slow, again blamed on the lightning strike. Check-in was done on paper and we had to verify it (the rate and that we had pre-paid) the next morning. We were never acknowledged as HIE Priority Members at any time during our stay.
*There was NO milk on not one, but TWO mornings! The first morning, the manager said it would arrive in “5 minutes”, but we waited until the breakfast area closed at 9:30am and no milk came. On the 2nd morning of NO milk, I suggested that the breakfast worker go out and buy some gallons of milk and put it in carafes for cereal and coffee. (There are two supermarkets within 1 mile and a 24 hour Walmart Supercenter within 3 miles.) She asked the manager and within 15 minutes was returning with 5 gallons of milk, which she served in carafes.
*The cleaning lady threw out my (Target) bag of medicines that was on the bathroom counter. The bag had both prescription and OTC medicines (Tums, Dramamine) in it. I can only think that it might have tumbled to the floor after we left one morning. We talked to FOUR workers and not one spoke English well enough to understand our complaint. The GM said he would credit our hotel stay 1 day, but I haven’t seen the credit yet on our MC and am calling the hotel this week to follow-up.
*There was a waterline break in the men’s restroom on the first floor while we were there, which caused a mess. I saw one guy take a fall during breakfast on the wet floor. They repaired it, but that probably caused some of the online complaints from early August 2013.
*The pool was closed for 2 of the days we were there so that they could shock it with chlorine. No signs were put up as to why it was closed or when it would reopen. But, we never had time to swim anyway and I only saw one girl swimming in the pool the whole week we were there.

Room Tip: Make sure you mention that you are a Priority Member at check-in!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Overall stay was ok. Other than trying to get toner for the printer to allow us to print boarding passing. However since then I am not impressed with the hotel. They double billed me for my stay and have been totally unresponsive to my phones calls, emails and fax regarding this issue. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2013Travel199
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I booked our room in advance and when we arrived, we received the last room, as they were completely sold out for the night.
The room smelled very musty and we found out why. The floor was completely saturated to the point where our shoes squished as we walked. You could tell no one had stayed there in a very long time; unsafe and unsanitary. The shower had brownish/red stains and was gross. We called to switch rooms but were given no other option. All other hotels were sold out or we would've went ANYWHERE else. We even debated sleeping in our car, it was that unusable!
Maintenance came with towels and spray, but nothing helped. They were unable to take care of the water or smell. They tried finding a watervac but it was 1:00 am by this point. We decided to sleep and checkout the next morning, even though they said we could switch rooms the following night.
When we checked out, the clerk knew nothing about the horrible experience we had. They even charged us for the room! Still no refund... We have traveled many times since and will never stay in a Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ssteffen
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I don't really understand all of the negative reviews of this hotel. Stayed for 3 nights while visiting Disney World, and had a great experience. Yes it is a very busy hotel in a very busy area - so it's not going to be your typical Holiday Inn Express experience. But it's Disney. With all the stress and people you're going to have to deal with at the park - the hotel is a piece of cake. Great location and very convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Where to start...well lets start with my child
Waking up to bed bug bites all up and down her legs and arms...roaches all in the breakfast area and in my room..stains on the carpets and walls. The first floor hallway smelled my cat piss and air freshner...you only
Get 2 towels in your room. When i checked in i noticed mu tub was filthy and the toilet had previous guest feces in it. the bed reeks of animals and Housekeeping steals. I had some money in my night stand drawer and when I came back it was gone! Worst of all housekeeping does not change thier sheets. I was so disgusted I went to Walmart and bought a set of cheap sheets because the hotel was so filthy I didn't trust them to bring me fresh linens..I called to the front desk for little things to be fixed and half the time said things never got fixed. Holiday inn express really dropped the ball on this hotel didn't they?!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bamagirl0613
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is old and smells weird. We did not know it was a pet friendly hotel. Upon check in my son's allergies immediately acted up. We requested a refund and it was given to us. We moved to the Holiday inn lake buena vista. This hotel was 25.00 more a night but it was very clean and no odor. Clean air !!! It was all worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carlos H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Carlos H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A