“False amenities and just awful hospitality!!”

Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #229 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“False amenities and just awful hospitality!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I searched and searched for the right hotel for a couple days. Ended up picking this one because of the slide and shuttle service. I was looking for something extra beings I have just a pool at home. Well the slide was closed my entire stay! I asked about it my first day. He said someone would get back to me. My whole 6 night stay no one bothered to contact me! I called about the shuttle service before I booked they told me. It ran every 30 minutes which was not true. It only had schedule times. Which did not work with times to certain events that I had planned. So the whole 7 days we could not use shuttle service. So the amount of my money I spent I added in the water slide and shuttle service into it and did not get to use either! I also had to change rooms on my 3 day bc I was tired of sinuses acting up due to room smelling like mildew when we first walked in. The tub was rusted pn bottom and door to bathroom rotten from water which i was thinking is where the mildew smell was coming from. I did not complain sooner bc I really should not have to complain when I am on vacation trying to enjoy it! I could of spent less else where due to the amenties my family did not get to enjoy! Everything should be like advertised. Also the pot holes to the parking needs to be fixed. When i checked out lady asked about stay. She could tell i really didnt want to talk about it. But when i was done she said she would get manager to call and she mentioned I booked through travelocity. I have not heard from a manager yet!!! They have a hospitality guarantee but since I booked with Travelocity they showed me no hospitality at all. For it being a Disney partner hotel, it sure did not have anything Disney about it accept a Disney logo sign and rug right when you walk in. I have also wrote hotel about this and I have not heard anything.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Onward56
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Onward56,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

It is regrettable that we have left you with a less than memorable experience. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our pool area and shuttle service has caused you. Additionally, I am truly sorry if our room amenities fell below your standards. We really like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and are able to benefit from a relaxing break with us and we are disappointed that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Bugs in the rooms, gave us blankets with holes, twice forgot to leave towels. Pool looks like it hasn't been cleaned. Hair on the telephone. With so many choices this was a disappointment. WIFI hardly worked. I hate to give bad reviews, but tripadvisor only works when both sides are given.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear singbe121,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked this room for one night and it was to check in on 6/5. Mind you my husband is a Priority Club member and travels on a weekly basis where he stays in HI's all the time! So this room was a rewards night! We drove over very early in the morning and went to Disney for the entire day. We checked into the hotel at approximately 10:45 p.m. and had already left the hotel and was headed home which was 2 hours away by 11:15
p.m which was what we were trying to avoid doing after an exhausting day! Let me begin by saying we had planned on staying and swimming on 6/6 and to enjoy the slide they advertise but like other people had said it was not working so the kids were pretty disappointed to know we would just be swimming the next day. Once we arrived at the room the keys didn't work and it was a pain to have to walk back downstairs when we had EXHAUSTED kids. While waiting in the hallway we killed a roach, a baby roach. We thought ok, this is Florida, it happens. We proceeded into the room to eat the dinner we had brought back to the room and within 15 minutes we had killed 7, yes, 7th, NO EXAGERATION, the 7th baby roach. They were walking along side the beds and a couple were climbing up the wall! I went down stairs to tell Natasha, (who by the way was the nicest thing about this motel) that we did not want to be relocated because we were completely grossed out! She apologized and assured us a manager would be in touch the following day. She said it would be either Jim or Ed. Well days later and no phone call. My husband left them a voicemail on 6/8 explaining how he was extremely upset about not only the stay but also that no one cared enough to call and then said if he didn't return the call we were going to post this along with the pictures on TripAdvisor!!! Well, it's 6/11 and apparently they don't care!!! They must have listened to the voicemail, deleted it, and ignored it!! So here's our review on this roach infested motel. Beware of the 6th floor, Room 627, which is apparently an exclusive floor for their Priority Club members! Yeah, right!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Alexisnjojo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Alexisnjojo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate an unexpected element in the room prevented you from staying at the hotel. We would like to look further into your experience, and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to being of further assistance.

Ben J
Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We usually stay at the Hilton in Downtown Disney but saw that this property had a shuttle to Epcot, no "resort" fee and no parking fees so we stayed here. Room was clean, large. Soaps are from Bath and body Works. Service at front desk was prompt and friendly. Shuttle did not come as frequently as we would have liked so we ended up driving anyway. Breakfast was ok, cinnamon rolls were hot, pancakes from automatic pancake maker were decent. Eggs were gross and powdery. Biscuit and gravy was ok. Overall breakfast was decent for a free continental breakfast. If you are looking for a clean place to stay were good service this is a good choice. Not anything spectacular, but decent

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LR060708
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear LR060708,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to provide our guests with superior accommodations and friendly service. We did regret to see some dissatisfaction with breakfast but were pleased to see high marks for Cleanliness, Service, Value and Sleep Quality. We will certainly take these comments to help us with our goals to be the best for our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and providing some candid feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Adrian D
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Misrepresentation...the pool is advertised with a rock slide and waterfall feature..that has not worked in 6 months...there is no airconditioning in the restaurant area and public areas, and if you speak to the staff has been this way for over 6 weeks now! The elevators to the rooms are S-L-O-W and if you make it past the pot holes on the way into the hotel, you are doing well! The carpets are sticky with grime and the balconies haven't been cleaned for years! There are many hotels in close proximity for similar rates that bring that resort atmosphere without the frustrations. And a manager with the capacity to address these issues?....he was unavailable (no doubt at home in the luxury of his air-conditioning!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank lkab33458
Dear lkab33458,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I deeply regret to see that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further service to you.

Adrian D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2013

5/18 - Stayed for 2 days - worst experience in life. Sheets and towels had hair in them, when requested for a blanket was given a TORN (literally) blanket maybe like the ones in homeless shelters. The second set of sheets delivered at 12 in the night again had hair in them. Do they wash the sheets or swap sheets between rooms?

The next day instead of providing clean sheets , they decided to not leave any sheets, despite leaving a special request with the front desk !! Guests in orlando come to spend time in the parks not to deal with this ordeal and a gross room when they return from the park. The front desk - night shift was unapologetic. While checking out they offered to refund 1 day so I thought they cared for customers but later when I checked my statement they had refunded for the day when the cost was least and I was charged $121 for that horrid experience - No sleep for 2 nights, no sheets/blanket; had to raise temp and stay in the dry environment. I have sent emails to the manager , showed pictures of the torn blanket and complained to customer serivice but no response. I have always stayed in HI and preferred staying there in future too but this experience made me change my mind. If you want to stay in a clean hotel , stay AWAY from this hotel.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alice L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Alice L,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Bradenton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived 5/25/2013 and checked before meeting up with our Family from Tallahassee for dinner. We dropped our stuff off and left for downtown disney....when we came back to the room after the fireworks (about 11pm) we noticed there was a hole in the ceiling caused by water damage (?) and when we went to take showers there was smashed bugs on the back of the door. We decided to just get some sleep and in the morning the kids wanted to play in the pool and waterslide. After climbing into bed we found the sheets were so dry rotted that they were torn. It was now almost 12am and I was not about to move the kids and our luggage so we stayed and confronted the front desk in the moring. That morning after breakfast we noticed the water slide was shut down for maintenance. We booked this one and not the one on Hotel Blvd because of the waterslide for the kids...this should have been brought up at check in and wasn't. In fact I received a welcome letter at check in talking about complimentary USA paper in morning (never received) and the 50' waterslide (not functioning) so the entire letter was misleading. We tried to talk to the front desk and we showed them pictures but nothing was offered to make it right....We checked out and never looked back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JenniferYoungMcKee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear JenniferYoungMcKee,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that our location was convenient for your needs. However, I sincerely apologize that the level of service that you received was sub par and you were inconvenienced by the condition of the room that you were given. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be relayed to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed at our facility.

Regards,