“Yuck!! ”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #322 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 21, 2006

We stayed there over the Xmas holdiays for a few days before heading down towards the resort area at Disneyworld. When you hear "Radisson" you would think,
"Nice Hotel", BUT so not true! It looks very run
down and the rooms are accessed by the outside. The
rooms are very old looking and dirty! The room smelled
so bad and when you ran the air conditioner, even
worse. My husband was sick for a week after leaving
that Hotel and I'm sure it was from the grossness of
all the bacteria etc. running out of the air
conditioner. Not recommended at all! We paid over
$80 per night. So not worth it. DON'T GO.

4  Thank swim2live
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed January 17, 2006

I stayed here with my sister and 5 year old son for one night and it was great! We did stay in a deluxe room in the "newer" part of the hotel, so that probably made a world of difference. I would not have liked to stay in the other side of the hotel based on the reviews of others. If you are planning on staying here, make sure you are in the North Tower side and you will love it!

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank Kris H
Reviewed January 13, 2006

I went down there recently with a couple of girlfirends for a cheap Orlando weekend. We got a great price of $58 a night. Which made me happy, I haven't stayed off Disney property in Orlando for 10 years so I was really hoping the hotel would be great and then I wouldn't want to stay at Disney anymore. And I only stay at disney because of the transportation, I am not a fussy traveler. I just want a clean and safe room. The hotel is easy to get too and has a good location that makes it close to things. Well...the first room we checked into (in the south tower) had black short hair all over the bed AND on the blanket AND on the sheets. So our room obvisously had been cleaned that well. So we changed rooms and the entire time we could barely get our room key to work in the door, we had to slam into it to open it. However this room seemed cleaner, but it had an odd smell to it. I finally figured out what it was when my suitcase smelled like urine! So in my opinion if it is cleanliness you want don't stay here. Plus it seemed very open to the public and I didn't feel very safe. The pool area was very nice and had the pool bar been open (it was closed due to the season) it would have been a blast. Oh, the hot tub made strange noises. The bar in the hotel was nice, we played pool and hung out there a bit. We also took the shuttle to City Walk, don't bother, it is an old coach bus in which the seats were ripped and it stops at many other hotels. It was an hour long trip. We took a taxi back; it took 7 minutes. But overall we were not impressed. We have all stayed at a Barcelo and Radissons before and this did not live up to any of their reputations.

2  Thank ajrwdwgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland
Reviewed January 6, 2006

We stayed at the infamous south part of the hotel and was one of my worst experience. The photos on the internet taken at the north tower which is new and nice. All the good reviews come from people stayed here. But you have a clause in the confirmation which says based on availability. It means they can give you a room in the south part even if you booked one in the north part. The room smelled horrible, my take on it is that it was a 5th grade smoking-rooms motel in the middle age and tried renovate it with sweat smelling air freshener. No thanks. There are much better hotels in the area, no games and even better rates.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2005

We stayed there on Dec. 21-22 when we visited some Orlando attractions. Unfortunately, they stuck us in the old section, even though we booked our room 2 weeks in advance. The door stuck and was clunky. Half the lights didn't work. The toilet was dirty in the bathroom. The room refrigerator didn't work. I understand that the rooms in the North Building are newer and much nicer. We stayed at the Barcelo Mayan Beach Resort south of Cancun, and that was one of the best Mexican resorts I've ever seen. This property is definitely not up to Barcelo's standards.

1  Thank DenisK
Reviewed December 18, 2005

We have stayed at this hotel before and at that time booked a standard room which, in all fairness, was fine for the money we paid. This time we decided to try the Deluxe rooms and let's just say there is no going back! Still not overly expensive as far as we're concerned, the rooms were fantastic! The most comfortable beds we've ever had in a hotel, you can even adjust their firmness with a control pad!Definiately the way to go if you can afford the extra fee, it really is like being in a completely different hotel than staying in the standard rooms. We'll stay nowhere else when visiting Orlando from now on.
Location is perfect for all the shops and restaurants on International Drive and everything not so close is easily reachable by bus.

3  Thank sue from london
Reviewed December 11, 2005

Understand that the Raddison Barcelo in reality is an older motel + a newer hotel + newer public rooms. The North Tower (the hotel part) is very nice and I think only the fussiest traveler will be able to find fault. Generous sized rooms, a no smoking building, nicely appointed bathrooms, clean....not bad at all. I did not stay in the motel part but the presentation from just walking around it would be enough to keep me from booking a room there. Stick with the North Tower even though it's more money....it's worth it.

The location of this hotel is excellent for ease of travel to the Orlando International Airport, the area attractions, as well as the convention center on International Drive.

Be advised the North Tower has sleep number beds where you can adjust the firmness. I found it to be fine but my wife thought otherwise.

7  Thank dankal