“Amazing time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #318 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Amazing time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

Amazing time at the Radisson Barcelo! I stayed with my family this past February and even though it was spring break it was very calm.

Rooms: The rooms were very nice. They were kept very clean. There was one problem and that was one of the pillows had some chemicals on it possibly from the dry cleaning service, but it smelt pretty bad and we exchanged it. The beds weren't bad at all very comfortable.

Pool: This is probably the best part of the hotel. The pool was very big shaped like a V. It was never overcrowded especially during the day.

Facilities: The YMCA is located right next to the Barcelo and if you go to the front desk at the Barcelo they give you free passes to the YMCA. When I went there was a swim meet going on and you could hear the screams when they opened up the roof over the YMCA pool it was very exciting.

Location: Best location possible. Not to close to Disney World or Universal or Seaworld but close enough. Fabulous restaurants. I recommend Pizza Uno's chicago style pizza. International Dr. is amazing so much to see.

My recommendation if your going to Disney World is to go early in the morning then around 11:30 head back to International Dr. for lunch the whole area is empty especially during weekdays at this time, then go swim in the pool and suntan. Then around 5:30 go for a nice dinner on International Dr. and then go back to Disney World by this time all the parents with young kids are leaving or people are not as focused on going on the rides. Lets just say this method kept our family sane.

• Stayed February 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2005

We have just returned from our holiday in Orlando, and we found both good and bad points with the Radisson Barcelo. When we arrived the staff were not at all friendly or helpful. Our room was on the third floor facing the car park, and as we were walking to it we noticed that the entire balcony was soaking wet with huge puddles everywhere. When we entered the room there was a very strong smell, and the room was completely damp. Another couple who were on holiday with us, were also very displeased with their room also.

We contacted the reception and they arranged for the on-duty manager to meet us. She was very helpful and viewed both rooms agreeing there were not up to standard. She upgraded all of us to the new building for a reduced fee. The new rooms were spotless clean and very modern and comfortable.

The bar area and games room were both fantastic, and the location is perfect. Just a word of warning if you are planning to stay here, do not eat the breakfast or make calls from your room. However we would defiantly recommend the the Sloppy Joes for lunch!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2005

I reserved a room for 2 nights through Travelzoo using my credit card on 9/23/05 for travel 10/13-10/15. I found a better deal somewhere else and cancelled my reservation on 10/5 (thankfully I received a cancellation confirmation via e-mail). I received my credit card bill on 10/8 and was extremely surprised to see that they had already billed my credit card for one night of my stay. All of the e-mails I received said I could cancel without penalty prior to 72 hours of my reservation. When I called to inquire and request a chargeback, the 1st woman I talked to was extremely unhelpful and hostile. I finally got through to a supervisor who promised to refund my charge. I still had to initiate a dispute through my credit card company until I see the credit. What a pain!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mdcrim

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2005

just returned from Orlando.stayed in radisson barcelo for almost two weeks. standard rooms very clean and spacious. excellent house-keeping. room service available at reasonable prices. pool and spa open from 7am til 11pm - great after being in parks all day! self service laundry facility.
location of hotel excellent. i-ride trolley stop outside hotel. seaworld 5-10 minutes. free shuttle to universal daily and citywalk.
one piece of advice- dont use phones in room. very expensive as we found out.
other than that this hotel is ideal location and very clean. would recommend it and would definitely stay here again

p.s. check out halloween horror nights at universal. its brilliant!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2005

After reading some reviews, I was worried about my stay, but overall, I had a fine experience. I was visiting for a convention at the nearby convention center. The hotel is not a luxury hotel by any means, but the rooms are a comfortable size, the facilities very clean, and the staff friendly. I even had a Sleep Number bed, although I didn't really like it. Just be sure to get a room in the Deluxe tower - the Resort rooms seemed very old.

Location is fantastic. There are any number of restaurants and shops located on the same street. If you're on a budget, this a great place to stay. If you're used to five-star resorts, I would recommend the JW Marriott Grande Lakes.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2005

I have just returned from a brilliant holiday in Orlando. Having read the reviews on this site I was very worried about this hotel which we had booked as part of a package holiday. We were originally placed in one of the standard rooms in the outside block and were not asked if we wanted to upgrade. The room was very nicely decorated and clean and much better than expected. However, it did smell very musty and the air con unit was a massive box which was very noisy. However, the main problem was the security - the rooms have outside access as other reviewers have mentioned but the real issue is that the front of the room has a huge window which is made of flexible plastic. These rooms would be very easy to break into and the fact was we would not have felt safe sleeping in there. So we contacted reception and upgraded and paid the fee which was worth every penny. The main hotel building is very nice - exactly what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The rooms were cleaned every day.The reception staff were very helpful and we had no problems whilst there. My only other complaint would be the lack of kitchen facilities making eating out a necessity. In terms of location, this hotel is excellent - it is within walking distance of several restaurants and is also around 15-20 minutes drive from the Disney parks.
I would stay in this hotel again but only if I could stay in the deluxe building.Please email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank KatieWManchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2005

We recently returned from Florida several days ago. We were hesitant about the hotel after reading the reviews on the Radisson Barcelo. But once we arrived there our doubts were put to rest. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and very very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. For the price we paid and the service we received we will definately return to this hotel.

Stayed September 2005