“The Radisson is a good value”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #319 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“The Radisson is a good value”
Reviewed March 29, 2005

We stayed at the Radisson Barcelo March 20-25 2005. We stayed there last year too in the "Resort" Building (older, outdoor corridors) instead of the "Tower". We had great service from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Good food via room service and delivered pretty quickly. The room was large and very clean. They could stand to redecorate but the room and bathroom were very clean. From the fifth floor we could see the fireworks at Disney and over to the immediate west someplace (not sure who was putting them on). We also had a nice view of the pool and the tennis court. The pool is very large and very warm (as opposed to some of the other hotels in Orlando who claim to have heated pools but don't). The pool bar is convenient as is parking. The grounds were kept very clean. The hotel is in a great location and within a short walking distance to 3 grocery stores. The hotel was packed with teenagers because it is next to the Y and the Junior Swim Nationals were being held there but it wasn't terribly noisy and because of the Y building the noise from I-4 is blocked which was nice. This is by no means a luxery hotel but I was very happy staying there for the price we paid!!

10 Thank Delaney70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
iowa city iowa
Reviewed March 20, 2005

We just returned from two nights there. I booked reluctantly after reading the reviews but it was really fine for our cost ($79/night). The outside halls in the old part (where we stayed) look run down and need repair, but our room was clean and large. We asked for a higher room and got 5th floor which was nice. Pool area looked good. We stayed here to go to Sea World and then move on. Location is really good. If you want to take the shuttle, know that they only go one time a day! We missed it, but had a car anyway, so it was ok. I wouldn't recommend it as a destination resort, but for under $100, it did the job.

6 Thank lizam
austin, texas
Reviewed March 7, 2005

I was also a little worried after reading these reviews, but our room was fine--very basic and obviously older, but clean--can't expect much more than that for $70/night. The beds were soft, and noise from outside was minimal. I didn't use the pool, but it looked fairly nice and clean, and there is quite a lot of tropical landscaping all over the grounds. The restaurant is pretty awful though--poor service and very bad food, plus it just looks old and dirty. I would definitely recommend eating elsewhere. I was also surprised that the shuttle service was so poor. They don't have a shuttle at all to Disney, and their shuttle to Universal only picks up at 8 and 1030am. If you decide to take a cab, don't ask the hotel--they send you to these gypsy cabs who don't have a meter, and they will really rip you off. I found out the hard way to call Checker/Yellow cab; they always had a cab at the hotel within 5 minutes, and it was metered. It was $8 to Universal and $25 to Disney.

In terms of hotel service, the staff was fairly friendly and helpful--when our TV remote went out, they were up there within 5 minutes to fix it. However, when I decided to stay an extra night, they charged me rack rate ($109) and didn't tell me--I found it on my invoice when I checked out. Granted, I should have asked, but it would have been nice if the front desk person had said something.

5 Thank terridvm
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Heart of I-Drive
#289 of 337 in Orlando
Florida Center
Monumental MovieLand
Monumental MovieLand
#245 of 337 in Orlando

Been to Orlando Metropolitan Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Orlando Metropolitan Resort

Property: Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Address: 8444 Austrian Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #319 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Orlando Metropolitan Resort 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Orlando Metropolitan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Orlando Metropolitan Hotel Orlando