“Forget Halloween Horror Nights - Save Money! Stay Here Instead 😱😱😱”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #322 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The only thing this place needs is a BULLDOZER !! Looks like they would rent rooms by the hour.

Lets say it's a pretty rough joint and the security guard looked like he could do with some reinforcements!

My husband and I ended up here because it was misrepresented by a booking agent. You only need one look at the place and the overall clientele and your heart sinks as you realize you are at something similar to Bates Motel......! I cannot believe how kind some of the reviews are.

Shabby, run down, roaches running around the room, towels which took the skin off your face. I booked for 2 nights, we spent one night with no sleep, checked out at 7am.

I could not run fast enough away from this place and my husband is never going to let me forget the screw up I made.

I paid $63 inc tax. For this price there are many, many better options on I drive. Really, if they offered to pay me to stay here I would decline.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms, my advice is not to stay here at all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Resort. As part of the new management team that has recently came in, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and we believe we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!

There are newer reviews for Orlando Metropolitan Resort

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Very rude staff booked 2 rooms with queen beds and they tried to make us stay in rooms with 2 double beds. Rooms were not clean and smelled really bad. When we were checking in the people at the front desk were making people leave that had reservations but the hotel was overbooked. Worst hotel experience of my life

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. As the new management that has recently taken over the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we failed to meet your expectations. For these items, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work hard to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked two rooms and they both were in need of a make over such as the entire hotel. we were on the fifth floor where there were rooms in need of locks on the doors, the walkway had cracks, only 2 ice machines and both were not working, no irons available, no wash colths or hand towels in either room. The nicest thing I can say is the Nick of the front desk staff was the only one with a clue of what to do and the beds were comfortable and the air worked. I think it once was and could be a very nice hotel with some upgrades. The location was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joye' P
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Resort. As part of the new management team that has recently came in, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and letting us know we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I thought the hotel was clean. But when
I went to my room I saw hair all over the place. I couldn't walk without my shoes, because was disgusting. The room is really old and ugly. The breakfast is terrible...is inside a room at the first floor. I couldn't believe. Don't go there.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank sbmaia

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The motel...because that's what it is...is good value for money - we did, afterall, pay $50 for the night, however there are much nicer hotels in the Orlando area within a similar price range. We were disappointed because the website clearly sells this property as a resort, and while it has a nice pool it is not by any means a resort.

More like a 2 star motel, not dissimilar to a college building of dorms, with dark cement alleyways cutting through the middle of the building to provide access to the pool and tennis court. Considering the worn state of the motel itself the pool was surprisingly amazing – and the best thing Metropolitan has going for it. I almost thought the pool was part of the Raddison which was next door.

It took 15 minutes to check in despite us being the only guests at the front desk. The staff were very casual and incredibly slow, having conversations with each other in Spanish as they checked us in.

"Free Wifi" as advertised was only available in the lobby, and had to be purchased in the rooms - not horrible, but not what was advertised.

The room was comfortable and semi clean – perfect for a backpacker. The room itself was nice enough, but there were suspicious looking stains on the walls and furniture, there was no toilet paper holder on the wall so it sat on the bathroom sink behind you, and there were bugs in the shower when I turned the faucet on. Shower water pressure is a big “make or break” for me, and unfortunately this wasn’t great either. The bathroom fan sounded like a cat was dying and carried on like that until I switched it off and let the bathroom fog up instead for the sake of my ear drums.

That being said, the rooms were large, beds were incredibly comfortable and I loved that we could walk straight out the door to our car (the flip side of the being that people would walk right by your window all night). It was also very centrally located – we managed to walk down International Drive and find dinner quite easily, passing multiple restaurants, bars and clubs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level so you dont have the noise from the parking lot coming in your room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meg J
Met_Management_Team, Public Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the Metropolitan for a short business trip on Sept.28-30 I must say that for the value its pretty awesome.
The room was clean, it was fairly quiet and the pool was amazing.
The biggest plus was the front desk staff. Nick was absolutely wonderful. Checking me in extra fast since i was coming from a 12+ hour flight. He even helped me with my bags and guided me to my room. Services you usually dont receive in a non-luxuary hotel.
Overall my experience here was great! I would return. Thanks Nick!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlineSepIntArtist
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. We will pass the message over to Nick for his good work. Thank you again and Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were originally booked into the met resort sept 13 and unfortunately lasted one night before we got exchanged to another hotel.

I can't fault the staff as they were more than helpful with everything. The pool area looked fantastic although we weren't around long enough to sample. And free wifi in reception was also a nice touch.

However there were too many bad points. The room (second floor) we had was clean but very outdated. The towels were washed done and thin. The sheets themselves were clean but discoloured in places. The room in General had a funky smell that could only be described as not aired. Whether it was coming from the air con, we weren't sure. The air con worked well though. It took me ages to find the light switch (we arrived at night) as the main one at the door wasn't working. Our telephone also didn't ring out.

As a young person, I would have put up with these things, but what made move was the fact that my mother didn't feel safe. The doors themselves looked like they could be pushed open easily and the access to the second floor (lift and staircase) were badly lit and had funky smells.

The breakfast was poor in terms of what was offered (toast, cereal pots, croissants) but the staff were friendly which couldn't be faulted.

If you are literally looking for a place to bed your head for the night, then this is the place for you. However in terms of finding a hotel that offers entertainment as well as quality rooms, seek elsewhere. We were moved to the rosen inn international and it made out holiday.

Don't fall into the same mistake I did and ignore the bad comments on here.

Room Tip: If you are to stay, request a ground floor as I think you would feel safer
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family