“Needs to be cleaned...”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #322 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This really isn't a "bad" hotel if all you're going to do is sleep. We got a rate of 43.00 on a discount site but I wouldn't pay more than that. We stayed once before in the radisson part and it wasn't bad but they have split the hotel in two with shared pool/pool bar, tennis court, and playground. The long low building is in despirit need of a cleaning and painting. Weather stripping on the door made it not close properly and you know bugs can get in. Old 80's carpets, too. On the otherhand, staff was friendly and helpful also the beds were comfortable. No blankets provided on a rather cool weekend and when I tried to call the desk, I got the Radisson's front desk so I gave up. If they did a little love and up dating, I would give a much better rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clanlamond
Met_Management_Team, Director of Sales at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. As part of the new management team that has recently started at the hotel, we like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can improve on our past failings. Please come see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Horrible experience! Waited in a line over one hour to check in. Finally checked in grabbed my bags out of the car to a room that obviously had not been cleaned . Went backl to the front desk and was informed that there was no clean towels in the hotel , they gave me another room and that room was questionsble for cleaning as well. This building should be condemned !

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tosamel

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. As part of the new management team that has recently started at the hotel, we like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can improve on our past and become the resort everyone expects. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Resort with bad service in front desk (stand by about 35 minutes for check in), carpets and bathroom very, very dirty.The spider webs are everywhere and TV turn off automatically. It's that a resort or what?!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2013

price was good, but hotel bad. was there for a swim meet for my grandaughter at ymca. location was walking distance.(only good thing) shower head clogged so bad that it was almost impossible to get clean. had to get towels from front desk. had to slam door toget it to lock. was there 2 nights and had to empty trash cans myself.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Only positive was location, it was close to the convention center although was not part of the shuttle service that's RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR PARKING LOT! It started with them screwing up the reservation and giving our room away because our card was supposedly declined which was THEIR FAULT because they ran the card at 3am PROIR to us checking in and entered the expiration date wrong and only tried putting it trough once! Once we finally got a room after blowing a fit and proving their mistake, the stay sucked! Staff was rude, rooms were not cleaned well in between stays, we found old receipts from past visitors, roach egg sack on the coffee pot tray, no coffee cups, no microwave like advertised AND promised by the front desk, No working ice machine on premises, we were told to go next door to the Radisson hotel and get ice from them. THEN when we called the front desk because we had no sheets for the pull out bed, our call was picked up by THE RADISSON!! WTF? They had to call our front desk to ask them to bring us sheets! The beds sucked, room was suppose to be a 2 queen suit, it was a match box with 2 double beds! The bathroom was very ODD, the toilet was practically in the middle of the room and on an angle like some one dropped it when installing it and just hooked it up where it fell... There was NO breakfast offered to us, Rooms weren't cleaned until after 3pm, No internet service, terrible phone service while in rooms. The water pressure in the shower was terrible, we ran into another guest that had NO running water at all in his room. Worst part was because of the big convention all other hotel were booked and we had no choice but to stay... Not sure why resort is even in their name! There is NO business center and NO dry cleaning service, do not let them fool you! PLEASE do yourself a favor and book somewhere else!

Room Tip: Nothing about this hotel is good, choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulie P

Thank you for your review of the Resort. As part of the new management team that has recently came in, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and we believe we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My company booked me in to this hotel for a 4 day/3 night stay.

Got to the first room (1408) around 10:00 PM. I unpacked and realizing how late it was, thought I’d order a pizza to be delivered. When I couldn’t find a Guest Directory, I opened the drawer in the night table to search but, instead, found a disgusting surprise. Used sex toys with some sort of lubricant. I glanced over to the bed and noticed it wasn’t really made up and at this point was very suspect. I called the Front Desk to announce my need for a 2nd room. When the housekeeping person arrived, he scooped up the “items” along with the phone books with two hotel bath towels and threw it all into a Hefty Bag. He said it was disgusting. I said, ya think?

At my insistence, I was accompanied by the Housekeeping person who assured me this next room is clean. Unfortunately, when we got to the room (1335), the door couldn’t be opened. This was confirmed by the staff trying to kick it open. Once again, we returned to the Front Desk to secure a 3rd room. It was now around 11:00 pm. We got to the room (1107) and took a quick look around. It seemed OK.

Now morning, I showered (after I rinsed off the black hairs in the tub) and went to use the hairdryer. Of course it didn’t work. Next, I needed to iron a shirt and expected to use the ironing board. No cover on the board. I had to use a towel. Hey! Did I mention the two pairs of filthy, smelly sweat socks on the floor in the closet? Tried to call Housekeeping, but got a continuous busy signal. Oh yeah, if the Front Desk is busy, your calls go to the Radisson Hotel next door.

Got dressed and went down to the Front Desk to pick up a package that I shipped to myself at this hotel. Armed with the confirmation, I was accompanied to the Package Room/Closet by the desk clerk. Guess what? We couldn’t find it. When I showed him the signature on the confirmation, he then, explained that the package was at the Radisson Hotel next door. He stated that they share the same address. So, I now had to walk to the resort next door and claim my package.

On the 3rd day, I saw a housekeeping person to explain the situation. She wrote down the items of concern which, now included replacing the towels I had used. I was told there was a “shortage” the day before. I did finally get new towels and the hair dryer was replaced. However, in spite of me leaving the ironing board set up and pushed slightly into the closet to make it as obvious as possible, when I left the room on my 4th day, the cover never arrived and the socks were still in the closet.

So you know, I did try to find other accommodations in another hotel in the area, but to no avail. I can say that anyone claiming this hotel is either clean or worth using is either blind or needs a pair of socks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Albert F Z

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had booked a room (2 queens deluxe) 2 months prior to arrival. On-duty desk manager was in heated discussion with owner on phone about "24 rooms vacated/unclean); apparently the staff left without cleaning the rooms. Ours was one of them, but he told us they would have it ready in about 30-45minutes, so we went to get a bite to eat.
Upon return, we were told that we HAD NO ROOM. Said something about a plumbing problem, and smugly said we could have a single room with two twins; UNACCEPTABLE! We then asked him to "walk" us to another hotel; he again smugly said, "I won't do that." We were in town for a very big swim meet and there were no rooms available near the venue. We did find one at a much higher price, however. We plan to file suit against the owner for the difference, as allowed by law.

Room Tip: According to sources, this hotel is going under; stay away.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family