“Metropolitan Resort? More like Metropolitan Crap-Hole.”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #317 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Metropolitan Resort? More like Metropolitan Crap-Hole.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The only thing good about this hotel was the location. It was near Disney world, Universal Studios, dining places and the malls. But this in itself is not good enough for me to ever stay here or ever recommend this place to anyone. If I could give this place a no star rating I would.
My family and I stayed here a week in December and let me tell you, it was one of the worst experiences ever, so much that I couldn't wait to come back home. First, the room was dirty, it seemed like the place never was vacuumed. I wore flip flops the whole time in the room. The housekeeping sometimes forgot to give us fresh towels and toilet paper (even though we even made clear notes for them to). We had to get towels from the pool area. The shower was also gross, it was dirty and the water didn't drain until the end. It was so bad that I showered in the YMCA that was close by everyday. The fridge wasn't working either and one night the power wasn't working. Second, the free breakfasts weren't that great, food didn't even come on time and you had to wake up at 6:30 just to get a cup of coffee. Third, the free shuttle services they offer you were ALWAYS late.
However, the most infuriating part was the service I received. Most of the staff were fine but there was one person in particular who was very rude. His name was Scott (bald white male) and worked at the front desk. He was talking in a very disrespectful tone to my mom, so I interjected. He then proceeded and answered, almost yelling at me. Later, I came in asking for his name and he wouldn't give it to me saying I didn't need it, because he knew I was going to complain. What kind of service is that? I had to force his name out from another staff member. He was very unprofessional and rude.
The cheap prices are not worth coming to this hotel. Spend a little extra and get something decent. Horrible room, terrible customer service and you know it's bad when you'd rather sleep at the YMCA or even outside.

3 Thank Anne D
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. We take all comments to heart and use them to help us become better at what we do. Please if you could contact me so that I can get more information regarding your stay. We look to better ourselves everyday and it's with comments from our guests that we can can do so. Once again Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The worst hotel I've ever stayed on, it was dirty ans smelly. House keeping does not change sheets, clean baths or even vacuum floors. It is filthy, I stayed a few days and ended up with bed bug bites all over my arms. The staff is the worst, they simply don't care if you complain about anything.

DO NOT STAY HERE, this place should be shot down and and Managment leT go of.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D B

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The good: cheap,nice swimming pool, hot tub and tennis court, central location for Sea World, Universal, Disney World and many restaurants, and fresh paint in the room.
Not so good: the wifi was not free, and was a real pain in the neck. The paint was sloppy. The beds were a little saggy. They don't have anywhere to leave bags if you get there early. They never did give us enough towels.

2 Thank ReallyNotThatFussy
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw regarding your stay with us. We take all our guests comments and use them to assist us in getting better and providing the best service.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I know that the rates are low, but still, you'd expect a bare minimum quality and level of a secure feeling in any I-Drive area hotel...well, don't if this is where you're staying. I don't know where to begin...old, run down, cramped, thin walls, dirty, low class. Okay, that ought to do it. Except to add that while we were there, 4 cop cars had to arrive for some reason. We never found out what happened. It's only merits were that the front desk lady was pleasant and it was very conveniently located.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room would be to stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Troy G
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Really, this place is not that bad. The location was excellent. Our room was spacious. The bathroom was very clean. The beds were comfortable. We only paid $39.95 for the room on a weeknight -- plus the $5 resort fee. So, we were willing to overlook the stains on the carpet, the poor TV reception, and the skimpy towels. Luxurious, it is not. But a good, basic place to stay if you are looking to save money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DeeSarasota_FL
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. We use all comments in order to better ourselves and provide a more enjoyable stay all for all our guests.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was TERRIFIED to travel to the US and stay here alone having read some of the reviews on here but can honestly say I could find no faults with the place.

My room (1129) was clean, well appointed and most importantly SECURE. I felt safe in there which was what I'd been worried about the most.
I was able to walk around the area alone during the days and evenings and never once felt vulnerable.

The reception staff were great and helpful and the pool area spotless and peaceful.

I'm already planning my next visit to Orlando and I won't have any qualms about staying at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sara509
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night and thank god it was only for one night. I had the worst experience ever. I rather pay an additional 30 dollars to not go through what we did. If you are traveling with small children do not stay here. The bathrooms were dirty and showers were full of hair. Ants crawling around the sink and vanity area. The carpet was stained and the room had a stale odor. The beds were squekky and you can feel the springs when you lay down. After a day in the parks, we checked in around 8:30pm. Desperately needing to bath my kids and put them to bed.. The front desk staff was amazing (this was the only good thing about the hotel) but once we got to our room that is when the problems began to occur.. Apart from the things I listed above.. Our shower only let out ice cold water.. after the engineer took 20 minutes to arrive, they could not fix it. I had to repack all our stuff and be changed to another room.. Which again, the shower only gave cold water.. At this point it was a little after 10pm.. My children were exhausted.. still hadnt showered.. we found blood stains on the bedroom linens.. They had to change us to another room.. By this time, I was ready to leave to another hotel.. At almost midnight everyone was showered and in bed.. now having to deal with the horrible bedroom conditions. My 5 year old didnt even feel comfortable in the room. We will never return to this hotel. Great price but horrible experience.

Room Tip: If you want a good room then book somewhere else. Not at this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us . We use all comments in order to better ourselves and provide a more enjoyable stay all for all our guests. I would like to take the opportunity to speak with you in person. Please feel free to contact me.