“Cheap but in disrepair and dirty”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #318 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Bethesda, Maryland
“Cheap but in disrepair and dirty”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Not reading the reviews did it...needed to stay one night in Orlando close to the International Drive and selected this dump online without checking the opinion os previous guests. The infrastructure is crumbling and clearly maintenace is perfunctory, rooms are dirty, and there was a most obnoxious chemical smell in the rooms and elevators. Pillows and bed linen are old and full or holes. Mildew in the bathroom and in the old noisy and inefficiente air conditioner unit. When leaving in the morning noticed a YMCA logo on the hotel sign at the entrance driveway -- if you ever did read John dos Passos description of the YMCA flophouses of the Depression era (particularly his "USA" trilogy books), this establishment fits perfectly to the style -- well...one must say that there was some, let's call it "ambiance" to the place. Unless you want to try that sort of experience do not come close to the place. For 20 bucks more you can stay in one of the many chain hotels/motels in the neighborhood. Rating is terrible for all categories except for location....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob R
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us . We use all comments in order to better ourselves and provide a more enjoyable stay all for all our guests. I would like to take this opportunity to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came into town to see friends and celebrate a birthday. Front desk staff was super friendly, and we were greeted with a smile as soon as we walked into the lobby. The front desk manager, Bill, was very helpful with giving us directions and suggested an excellent restaurant for dinner on Saturday night. The next time we visit Orlando we will most definitely look into the metropolitan again!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Justin B
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We take each and every review and use them to continue to better ourselves and offer the best service that we possibly can. We thank you for your kind words and hope that the next time you are in the Orlando Area that you will consider the Orlando Metropolitan Resort.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were greeted with a smile the guys name was Bill... We had a great pool side room and were treated like royalty... It was our anniversary and he made dinner reservations for us and it was a day to remember... Thank You Bill!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Denfather
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I made the reservation through hotels.com which I have never had a problem with before. After making the reservation I came across some reviews that were not favorable so I called the hotel. I was guaranteed by the desk clerk that he was going to personally assign my room so it would be clean and up to general standards. All I wanted was a clean room with 2 queen beds so when we arrived between 11-12pm (midnight) we could rest comfortable and be well rested for our workday the next morning. I called the hotel 3 times, to make sure everything was in order.
WELL!!! When we got to the room - the beds were not made, sheets were off the bed, a messy crib in the room, partially eaten food 7 trash from fast food restaurants everywhere - bathroom, beds, desk,night stand, and the floor. AND this room was hand picked for us????
After waiting almost 30 minutes for them to decide where to move us to, we went to the front office and checked out because there were no more rooms!!!!
I called hotels.com and made them aware of the problem. They made notations of the occurance and told me I would be receiving a refund within 4 days. Today I received an e-mail informing me of the refund which was 1/2 of the total room charge. I have been calling the hotel for over an hour and cannot get anyone to answer.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. According to our records a full refund was given from our side. We do regret that you did not have a pleasant stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Deffently worth the money we spent we stayed for two nights and of course it is not a Hilton but it was clean , newly renovated and fairly nice staff , the pool and pool area was clean and breakfast was ok, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. We are always looking to improve ourselves and offer the best possible stay to all our guests.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Go get a nice room mildew almost take us over, smells horrible, I got stuff in the evelvater wifi only in lobby my sister had to change room, iron markers on the floor safe ain't working THIS IS ALSO A HAUNDED ROOM (1229) no joke front desk clerk ( the black man) no respect! White boy kool

• Stayed October 2012
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We take all reviews seriously and look to always improving our ourselves. I would like to speak with you reagrding your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you once again.
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked this nightmare for a week. If we would have known in advance what we were getting into we would have not come. Even though we read the reviews we were going against them and give the hotel a chance. That my friends was the biggest mistake we made. The carpets had more iron burns on them the doors had no latches, the beds were hand me downs from the marriot hotel (for real it said so on the side) the fridge was leaking the room smelled awful, the front desk was rude, the staircase smelled like urine oh my god it goes on and on i could write a book. We asked for another room it was worst then the one we had. We could not get a refund to move to another hotel. People the reviews are true true true listen to them or you will be very upset when open the door to your room. Pay for one night and you be the judge before you pay for a week like we did and could not get the a refund.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple