“DONT STAY HERE”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #322 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Go get a nice room mildew almost take us over, smells horrible, I got stuff in the evelvater wifi only in lobby my sister had to change room, iron markers on the floor safe ain't working THIS IS ALSO A HAUNDED ROOM (1229) no joke front desk clerk ( the black man) no respect! White boy kool

• Stayed: October 2012
fdiazmethotelgroup, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We take all reviews seriously and look to always improving our ourselves. I would like to speak with you reagrding your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you once again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked this nightmare for a week. If we would have known in advance what we were getting into we would have not come. Even though we read the reviews we were going against them and give the hotel a chance. That my friends was the biggest mistake we made. The carpets had more iron burns on them the doors had no latches, the beds were hand me downs from the marriot hotel (for real it said so on the side) the fridge was leaking the room smelled awful, the front desk was rude, the staircase smelled like urine oh my god it goes on and on i could write a book. We asked for another room it was worst then the one we had. We could not get a refund to move to another hotel. People the reviews are true true true listen to them or you will be very upset when open the door to your room. Pay for one night and you be the judge before you pay for a week like we did and could not get the a refund.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you like to sleep on pee stains and pubes, come stay at this hotel! IT IS FILTHY... Literally makes a Motel 8 look like the Four Seasons! Sure, it says "Resort" but don't even expect a half of a star from this place. Upon checking in I wasn't even greeted with a glance, just "CREDIT CARD AND ID".... RUDE! When entering the room, I was slapped in the face with what smelled of stank, stale, and hot! Cops were circling this place, and my A/C and fridge were broken! What did it for me was when I rolled the sheets down from the bed and I saw the most disgusting stains and thick coarse pieces of hair! It was a traumatic experience, I left immediately! Asking for my refund now!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kissypoo

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The is just a old huge hotel, rooms are great in size for a family. Parking area needs more lights. Door could use a secondary latch. Just a lot of little things either broken, missing, and out dated.great place if you paid a very low rate, but if your paying more then shoppe around. There is much better. Mattress were a pleasant surprise, soft and firm. Was once a great place I guess, now a red headed step child.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. We greaptly appreciate your enjoying your stay with us and hope that you will consider us again when in the area. We are always looking for ways to improve our level of service and it's with comments like yours that we see what progress we are making. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Before booking my trip with my family, we called in advance to make see we were able to have two double doubles and a king deluxe on the same floor. After we were assured that there were both types of rooms on the same floor we booked the trip. Once we got there, they stated that the king wasn't ready and would take about an hour until I was able to check in (wouldn't let me check in in advance and promised the room would be reserved). When we returned an hour and a half later and waited in a 30 minute line, we were told that that room was still not available and that I would have to go on a separate floor from my family. The room given didn't even have the refrigerator or the microwave we paid additional for, so I called the front desk and they said they would be there within 15 min. After waiting about 70 minutes, I went down stairs and told the front desk that I would be heading out and NOT to enter the room without someone present. We got back and found the items there. The manager was no help at all and said he could not compensate for THEIR mistakes. So after waiting 2 hours for room I wasn't even able to get and a refrigerator and microwave AFTER I no longer needed it, I receive unprofessional and non-courteous services. I would recommend any place other than this one. AND mold in the shower...EEWWWW

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stephanie s

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although paid in advance, we left after a couple of days with no refund.
Breakfast was horrible and squeezed in an adapted bedroom.
Rude staff, awful maintenance, dirty and poor room service.
Our room had not been cleaned for two consecutive days, when arriving at night, I phoned to complain, the attendant was really helpless saying it was too late to complain... He also clearly stated he could not guarantee the room would be cleaned, even on the following day...
I had order some goods and gave the hotel address. I had to go back to that hotel, every day, eventually, after going there some times when I received the message my parcel had been delivered, it was finally given to me, but I was charged $4 dolars to be able to get it!!
NEVER AGAIN IN THAT PLACE!!!

Room Tip: Go to: Sonesta, at International Dr, great value for money!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2012

hi there,it was myself and my husband only on this holiday.
first of all id like to say a big thanks to Gina and Bill for making sure i was in a room at reception as that's what i had requested.
we had room 1255 and it was clean, had a fridge coffee maker in room safe hairdryer 2 big clean double beds and a tv ok it had limited channels but we were on holiday so wernt to bothered with the tv. the room was cleaned to a high standard everyday.
we got parked every night at reception and always felt safe waling around the areas. say the police on bikes pass through the hotel car park a few nights but didn't see them stop. nor did i see any trouble or any one hanging around looking like they were up to no good.
i have been to this hotel a few times and never had any problems, maybe im just lucky...who knows! i always email the hotel prior to arriving to let them know i am a repeat customer and to ask any question that i might have.

feel free to ask away if there is anything u would like to know.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple