This is one really good budget hotel. I dont usually go for places that are labelled as 'budget' in Orlando as that usually means they are a bit worn out, but the Rosen has just been refurbished completely (it used to be the Quality Inn Plaza)
Rooms are really clean and cosy, two beds, a fridge, a mircrowave, coffeemaker and tv. The bathrooms are small, but do the job. Ive read reviews on here that complain about the kicthen sink and the bathroom sink being the same thing- but i wonder what on earth they have been trying to cook in the room- the sink is meant for beauty purposes, not cleaning dishes.
If you want to use the facilities, i would suggest the fridge for soft drinks, alcohol, bottles of water, milk for tea/coffee etc and the microwave for basic things like pop-tarts. It is not a self-catering apartment! Just somewhere with handy facilities to eat and prepare snacks.
The loaction of the hotel is suberb. Ive been to orlando many times but still found hotel-hunting difficult as they often blur the thruth about the location. This hotel is right opposite the new Pointe Orlando shopping, restaurant and bar complex. Very nice shops - a bit 'upmarket' but not as expensive as most restaurants in the theme parks or hotels. The food was amazing, i wholly reccomend you visit Maggianos for Italian (you cannot miss it, its right across the street from the hotel) and BBKing's Blues Club for drinks and a more casual meal.
Venturing away from Pointe Orlando or the hotel is easy, just take the I-Ride trolley, it stops at all the attractions on I-Drive and only costs $1.25! Great for visiting the outlet shopping centres.
The hotel runs free shuttles to Universal (inc Islands of Adventure) and these are great. However, the capacity is limited and based on first come first served - so get your 'boarding passes' the night before or early in the morning - dont leave it until the bus comes- you might not get on it!
Seaworld can be reached by the hotel's free shuttle service but (if like us) you sleep in, the I-Ride stops at the door to the park and means you aren't confined to the shuttle schedule. Aquatica can be reached by the free shuttle in Seaworld's carpark.
The hotel doesnt have a Disney shuttle service, so it would be better to have a car to get to Disney, however, with a little research it is possible.
Take the Lynx bus number 8 (the stop is the same as the I-Ride stop located just outside the hotel - ask the staff) then get off at 'Hawaii Court' (say that to the driver and he will know) then get the 111 Lynx bus that takes you right into Disney and stops at the Ticket and Transportation centre where you can eaily get to Magic Kingdom and all the other attractions. It took around 40minutes and only cost $2 each.
One thing i would say about the hotel is the outward-facing doors. Like a motel, if feels a little bit unsafe, but the hotel has 24hour security, the doors lock properly and there are safes inside the rooms, so dont let it put you off.
The pools looked great but we didnt use them. The bar is lively and nice for a drink before bed.
For more information and handy tips about Orlando from someone with real experience - please visit my blog at www.britgirlguidetoorlando.wordpress.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn