“Quality definately not!”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #109 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 28, 2005

Stayed in this awful hotel for 1 very long week! 1st room, the bath had been set alight by ciggarette, smelly and dirty. 2nd room not alot better but tired so reluctantly accepted it. All week the maid didnt clean it just made beds/towels. A toothpick and toe nails was left from previous occupant. The bathroom was urine stained and stunk. The dirt on the bath could be scraped off!!!! It made me cringe so much I wouldnt have the shower curtain anywhere near me, wouldnt put my bare feet on the floor. Bogeys stuck on wall near bed and back of bathroom door! The tour operator told me that America 2 * was like English 3*, Rubbish!!!!! Never ever stay here if you are remotely clean. Ruined our 1st week!!!! Quality Inn most definately not!!!!

11  Thank cazzymena
Write a ReviewReviews (8,300)

Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Imagine my surprise when I showed up to check into my pre-paid room (on Oct 18) and they informed me that I had no room. Despite my reservation and prepayment, they were moving me to a cheaper hotel a mile further from the conference center (which is why I was in Orlando). They indicated that I could call in the morning to see if my room was available for the second night of my reservation, but that there were no promises. What kind of reservation is that?

After expressing my annoyance at the inconvenience, the hotel paid for the taxi to the fall-back hotel, a taxi back to the Quality Inn in the morning and promised me a room for the next day. The staff was polite and the rooms reasonably clean and efficient for the price.

Not honoring a reservation, though, is a major gaff. I was separated from my traveling companions, had to wake up hours earlier than my first meeting to change hotels, was moved to an inferior hotel, and was not reimbursed for the inconvenience. I will not go back.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2005

OK...if you are want 5 star luxury...them book 5 star luxury!. The plaza is perfectly adequate to use as a base for a theme park break. Staff are friendly and couteous!....So the on-site shop is pricey....get off your butts and take a walk along I drive and purchase your goodies from one of the numerous 24/7 multimarts dotted along the road... for a fraction of the price!!
After all, the on-site facilities in any UK hotel are just the same, so what do we Brits do...we go to the nearest corner shop and get what we need !!
Nothing wrong with the rooms. You get what you pay for..the rooms are compact but we found then nothing but clean.
We have also stayed at the Quality Inn International ( further on up I drive ) This is also a good hotel...lets face it, more or less every hotel on I drive is almost identical...My advice: if you are travelling to Orlando on a budget....and like us, all you wanted was a roof over your head and a bed at night ( with clean rooms of course ! ) Then there is nothing wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2004
5  Thank PurleyGolfer
Clacton, essex
Reviewed October 20, 2005

Read all the reviews before we booked and went on holiday, but decided to take a chance.

What a nice, clean and friendly hotel. If it's your first trip to I-drive and you are going to spend all day out shopping, looking around and in the parks, this is the perfect base.

Rooms clean with 2 double beds, tv, coffee maker, fridge (really handy as it was in the 90s most days) and microwave. Maid came each day and tidied up, made beds, cleaned bathroom and left fresh towels.

3 clean pools, with towels provided so you don’t have to bring your own or the ones from the room down and enough sun-loungers whenever we went. Slightly expensive deli/shop inside but handy for snacks etc

Friendly, cheap sports bar, with football/baseball/American football on TVs, large selection of drinks and bar snacks menu.

Dozens of places to eat and drink within walking distance, TGI across the road is great, with happy hour almost all day and really nice menu, bus stop right outside for the Trolley to the malls and parks, about 15 mins to Universal and 30 to Disney.

Reviewed October 19, 2005

I stayed here with my wife and two children aged 4 and 8 from the 1 Oct to the 15 Oct. I had previously stayed here once before back in 1996 and found it very good then and didn’t hesitate in going back. So prior to our holiday I became a little concerned at reading some of the reviews about this hotel. I am pleased to say that in the main these were unfounded. The check in procedure was very quick and I asked specifically for a nice room, which was quiet. I was given a room in block C over looking the parking lot fairly near to the reception. The room was very clean and it appeared to have been re-decorated not too long ago. The furniture was modern and tidy. Our beds were made each day and fresh towels were left. I would guess that the hotel must be in the process of updating and redecorating a number of, if not all of its bedrooms. For a few days we were there lorries were being unloaded with identical new furniture which we had in our bedroom and round the back of the hotel near I4 there was large amounts of what looked like old dated bedroom furniture being broken up and placed in skips. Everything was fine in our room until two days before we were due to leave. We came back from the parks to discover that our air conditioning unit had been leaking that day and flooded about 25% of our bedroom carpet. I reported it to the reception the following morning as we got back late and by the end of that day the air conditioning unit had been fixed and the carpet had been completely dried out. One slight criticism though was that although our ceiling lights worked fine the stand alone desk lamps and wall mounted lights over the bed did not work and these were reported early in our stay but nobody came to fix them. In summary, for the money you pay to stay here I believe it represents good value for money and some of the harsh criticism in some reviews is unjustified. The hotel is only a 5-minute drive to Sea World/Discovery Cove, 10-minute drive to Universal and 25-minute drive to Disney parks. But more important than this it is almost right next door to the Race Rock restaurant, which in my opinion is one of the best places to eat in the whole of Orlando and is a must see for any motor sport fan or petrol head.

8  Thank Cawdy4
rotherham england
Reviewed October 14, 2005

we stopped at the quality inn in september came b k on the 8th of october fantastic hotel rooms basic but very clean maids were in everyday fresh towels soap coffee etc brilliant position on i drive disney 15 mins away universal 5 mins in car seaworld 10 mins away only ever ate in the resterant once but food was nice and alot of choice but there is that many places to eat all along i drive u will b spoilt for choice pools very clean and quite warm not to cold brilliant little games room for people with kids and a little play area the sports bar was nice the staff really friendlyplus u can order pizzas and chips and things after a late night at the parks and take them bk to ur room the deli bar was a bit expensive but came in handy a few times and a great little shop selling disney things all in all we really enjoyed our stay i went with my partner and our son who is 5 dont believe all the bad reports on here about it its great all u want at the end of the day is somewere to sleep thats clean and it is very clean

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
new jersey
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. My husband and I stayed there Oct. 4 - 9. The whole reason we stayed there was because of location it was across from the shopping mall the pointe. We tried to check out the pointe and there was only a couple of stores open it was mostly under construction. Well anyway the hotel rooms were so dirty our bathroom had brown stains around the door handle and yellow stains on the wall. Even the curtains were dirty and wrinkled. The room didn't say welcome to Florida or even welcome to a clean room. When the maids came to clean all they did was make the beds and bring new towells. They didn't even refill the soaps or shampoos. Overall I would never go back to this hotel again.