“holiday from hell”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
bangor northern ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2004

we stayed at the QIP from 29th of june until the 14th july 2004 having been to florida before several times we found this the worst hotel by far. We could not get a sun lounger at the pool for 4 days,due to pools being closed and the over crowding at the pool allocated to our block it just seemed to be very time consuming and off putting trying to get a lounger and was very disappointing for the children.There were 8 in our party and it was recommended by Thomas Cook to be a hotel of high standard and well located on International Drive we all agreed this was untrue as we found the rooms to be shabby and it was at the opposite end of the entertainment compared to what we're used to.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

Burgess Hill, West Sussex UK
Reviewed August 3, 2004

Please do not listen to all the winging comments in some of these reviews, me and my family have stayed at the QIP two years running, 2002/2003 and are returning on Sept 04, we have never had a problem, the staff have all been very helpfull and friendly.
There is every thing that you will need in a hotel room of this type, comfy beds, loo, shower/bath, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer, fridge and pay-per-view tv, and the usual aircon (can be a bit noisey but you get used to it), what more do you need after a hectic day at the parks, (apart from a few Bud's straight from the fridge)
The people who complain are the same people that you find all over the world, werever they go they have got to moan and whine about everything, the type of people who think that the whole world owes them something, you now the type, they want to pay rock bottom prices and expect to get royal service in return, so don't be put off, make up your own mind.
QIP is a good budget hotel, well placed on I-drive for all the attractions, and eateries, of which there are loads.
We love it and have never had a bad stay, and never seen anybody else have any problems while we have been there, go for it, I am sure you to will love it, rather than hate it.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2004

stayed here in june 03, is in a nice location, within walking distance to pointe orlando and restaurants. you can catch the trolley outside which is 75 cents per ride, or purchase a pass from the concierge these start at $5 dollars for a 5 day pass offering unlimited travel. Staff very helpfull and friendly. a choice of three swimming pools (these close at 10pm) with towels and sunbeds provided. Buffet style restaurant at reasonable price, a 24 hr deli and a bar that also sells some food. room was quite clean with two double beds a microwave, fridge and coffee machine ( filter coffee complimentry daily ) also a tv with pay movies. had a very pleasent 14 night stay here with nothing bad to say at all. also offers complimentry transport to some of the parks. but if you prefer to ride a cab ask for pierre, he is the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet and does not charge rip off prices.

4  Thank mybell
Bangor, Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 24, 2004

My family and myself stayed at the hotel over the period from 5th to 19th July 2004. In general it was fairly acceptable, reasonably clean and of a standard which suited our needs. However, 2 days before leaving I left my wall safe unlocked when I left my room to go to the pool. I had just checked my flight tickets and remaining cash and had forgotten to relock the safe. Upon return to the room one and a half hours later and realising the safe had been left open I checked its contents to find that a one hundred dollar bill had been removed from the back of my billfold, the room had been cleaned during my absence. A report was made to hotel security and the outcome was that the General manager, Maggie stated she had known the cleaner for ten years and that maybe the problem lay with my children who also had used the room briefly during this time. Without actual proof the matter could not be concluded during our stay. I explained my dissatisfaction to the manager and made it clear I was going to write this review on her hotel as well as reporting it to my travel agent. The following day a message was left for me from the manager inviting me and my family to a complimentary dinner at the hotel. I think that gesture spoke volumes. We accepted and had a pleasent meal but I'm afraid the sour taste of our experiences at the Quality Inn Plaza has ruled out any possibility of any further stays at this over rated venue.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ireland
Reviewed July 20, 2004

We were concerned about this hotel after reading trip advisor. However, I found the complex pleasant, clean and ideally situated on International Drive. I don't understand any negative comments because we used the rooms to sleep, wash and relax on non park days. They are ideal for this purpose. The staff were always available, helpful and rooms were cleaned daily. The staff even returned later if we placed the do not disturb sign.
If you use QIP, visit the excellent Olive Garden Italian Resturant next door. Don't always eat at Sizzlers "cattle market" for breakfast, instead consider Friendly's which is slightly dearer but more enjoyable. Avoid Race Rock which was the most expensive place we visited in Florida for poor food and service. Lastly expect British towels placed on sun beds which then lie idle until the hangovers fade. If you have booked QIP, relax!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2004

I was a little hesitant after reading the other reviews to stay here, but I was so wrong. Sure it is a cheap hotel. But how long are you really going to be in the hotel room? We only slept here. We had days of parks and excitment. No one wants to sit in a hotel room for vacation. Our room which was in E block on the fourth floor you could tell was a little runddown. It was kept very clean. The maids came in everyday and cleaned. We always had fresh towels when we came in for the night. THey have 3 pools. We only swam there one day. The pool was clean and they had towels at the pool for use. We had a stopped up toilet the 3rd night we were there. They had it fixed in less than 15 minutes. The staff in the front was really nice. The only thing was the time share in the lobby. I went over to ask a question about the trolleys and got a presentation for the time share. It took 3 times for the lady to understand I was not intersted. But all in all I would stay here again. It was very nice for the money. It was also located in just the right place. Pointe orlando was right across the street. It was within walking distance to lots of places. Great place for the money.

2  Thank lovetravel2
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Stay away from this flea pit. It is the worst hotel on the planet. We were booked in with our three children for three weeks, we checked after six days.
The rooms are smelly, small and dirty.
The "staff" are rude, abrupt and unhelpful.
The shuttle service is a joke, it's a bus that goes once and returns once.
The food is dreadful.
If I was homeless and broke and offered a room here I would decline it.
Call it sour grapes but I assure anybody who reads this the "Quality" Inn Plaza is one to avoid.
Happy travelling.