“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #113 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at the Rosen inn at pointe for 14 days and returned home yesterday. We are a family of 5, 2 adults & 3 children. Firstly like to say that I emailed the hotel approx 2 weeks before requesting a ground floor near the pool to make it easier for the children & this is exactly what we got. The room was not the biggest but it had everything we needed- fridge ( an ice box would be better ), hair dryer, etc. There was a strange smell when we 1st entered the room put this down to the cleaning materials because it went after a few hours. The rooms were cleaned every day, clean towels, new soaps etc, if we were in when the cleaner turned up she would say no problem & would come back later when we had gone out- great service . The pool was great for a chill day and came with free towels which was useful The bar was good if you need a relaxing drink after a long day. Karaoke, pool table & happy hour. Bar staff was very friendly- the bar man gave our food to the wrong table by mistake, which was no problem but when I when to the bar he gave us a free round of drinks to say sorry, nice gesture. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but we did have a few bar meals and the food was great. The restaurant do "kids eat free under the age of 9 "which is good saving if you have kids.
The location of the hotel is exactly what we wanted- right in the middle of international drive. There are loads of restaurants on the strip & that's the main reason we didn't eat at the restaurant because we see & try the different places and the food was amazing. There is an I-trolley stop (number 23) direct outside the hotel which only cost 2dollars for an adult & 1 dollar for child which will drop you off anywhere on the international drive. All the I-trolleys have free maps onboard which is a great help-only 15 mins to sea world & aquatica. We also used the hotels free return shuttle service to universal & sea world-Which was great service. I would try to book the shuttles the day before. Only thing I did find abit tricky was getting to Disney & also found the hotel taxis expensive. The 1st day we went to Disney we had a hotel taxi ( I think they were called town & county) which cost 90 dollars return & the time you tip the driver it was 100 dollars- we intended to go to Disney parks 7-8 times so this could end up costing a lot a lot of money so decided next time to try something else. The next time we tried the buses. Very cheap but very confusing & time consuming. You need to catch the I-trolley to sea world area. Then get off the bus cross to the other side & wait for the lynx bus. Then catch the bus to the Disney area. Then catch the mono train or ferry to Disney area and find which bus depot you need & catch the free bus to which ever Disney park you want! Also be careful when returning because of the time of the last buses. Although it was a lot cheaper to do the bus route it took approx 1hr 45mins-2hrs one way! After this we decided time was valuable so decided to shop around for taxis- the average price to Disney was 75 dollars but we fell in lucky and managed to get a mini bus for 50 dollars return for 5 of us. All in all the hotel was excellent & would definitely recommend it value for money, a great location & helpful staff. 1 thing I was not happy with was the Thomas Cook rep who I could never find. She was never there the time I was told or if she did turn up I would miss her because she turned up late or finished early. After a week trying I managed to speak to another company rep who rang her direct cos she could see I had enough of waiting. But that's nothing to do with the hotel. Once again great hotel which helped making our holiday fantastic!

Room Tip: Email the hotel direct before you travel with any requests
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Johnnytaffy
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Wow! Thank you, Johnnytaffy, for taking the time to write such an amazing review!

We strive to provide an excellent hotel experience for every guest from check-in to check out; it is wonderful to know that this is exactly what we were able to give you!

Please visit us again soon!

Email: Smatos@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,560)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had stayed at this property several years ago when it had another name and was pleased to see that they have taken excellent care of the rooms and grounds. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were modern and clean but the shower is very small and thus uncomfortable for my "big and tall" husband.

We like the variety of amenities available ranging from several pools, the 24 hour mini mart, arcade but the playground was a favorite of our toddlers.

The only problem with our stay was the noise. We were on the first floor of building C and more than once I checked the windows because I was convinced that it must be open as we could very clearly hear every noise and conversation in the hallway. I didn't have this problem when I had stayed in an upper floor in a different building towards the back of the property.

It was very difficult to sleep through all of the noise despite using a white noise machine. I didn't bother complaining to management as there was nothing they could do and I didn't want to inconvenience my kids to move in the middle of the night.

Noise aside this is a great hotel that offers one of the better values in the I-Drive area. I would definitely stay here again but will make sure to request an upper floor in a less busy area.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor, choose higher floors for less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It pleases us that you noticed how much pride we have in our property, bandora!

I am sorry about the noise. Please reach out to me when you plan your next visit and we will see what we can do about getting you a quieter room.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was visiting Orlando to attend a conference, one of many going on at the time which may account for this poor review. The hotel had been selected based on reviews and checking the hotel web-site itself. The writer is a well-seasoned traveller (having stayed at the best and the worst, depending upon reason for visit) and not THAT fussy, but need basics such as hot shower, working hair dryer, internet connection and a not smelly room, not to mention noise (some huge argument and banging going upstairs from my room). Can put up with a lot, but not with this. Perhaps it was just an off day, as I understand some 15,000 delegates were in town for the McDonalds convention (not mine) but it was beyond awful (have stayed better in tea-houses by the banks of the Mekong River and on feluccas on the Nile with NO facilties) and could not wait to get out of there. Having said that, the staff were as helpful as they could possibly be, so all credit to them. Again, I apologise for writing this review, but can only state it as I saw it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank LisaGordonSimons
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I am so very sorry to hear that there was so much disruption at the hotel during your stay, LisaGordonSimons.

The hotel tries the very best to make sure every guest is comfortable during their stay with us. I hope you will consider giving us another try next time you are in the Orlando area. If there is any way I can make sure your next stay surpasses your expectations, please let me know personally. I want to make sure your next stay is 100% better!

Interlachen, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I needed a reservation on short notice....after looking at tripadvisor I called the Rosen Inn. I got a great room rate for a stay that same night. The hotel was more than I expected. The room was large, clean and overlooked the pool. It had a feature to close off the sink and shower area to allow for privacy to get dressed if needed. The staff was exceptionally accommodating and very friendly. The Hotel has 2 restaurants on site (one a buffet). I believe it would be a great place to stay and then do the events around town. I was easy to get to and it was within walking distance of other restaurants. A nice place for families.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank knkdsoy93
knkdsoy93, we truly treasure you as a guest!

Thank you for your shining review! Come back soon!

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have stayed at the Rosen Inn Pointe with my daughter and young grandson twice and wouldn't think twice about staying there again. The rooms are the usual twin bedded with bathroom and TV but also include a hairdryer, iron, microwave and free air-con. The beds are really comfy. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the maid is in every day. The I-4 motorway runs directly behind it and the traffic is quite noisy day and night. The first time we stayed in Block F, which overlooked the motorway. I was dreading trying to get to sleep, but I have to say that the rooms are quite well soundproofed and we didn't get disturbed, but this time we did ask for a room facing away from it. Due to it being in Orlando, we didn't really spend much time in the hotel itself, so I can't comment on the bars or restaurant. There are three pools, but we have only used the ones behind blocks D & F. They are both very clean, have plenty of sunbeds and supply you with towels, which is great as you don't have to try and dry yours in the room. There is a shop on site that sells all sorts of food, snacks drinks and necessities, but obviously it is a bit pricey. However, if you have a car there are plenty of supermarkets close by. The area is brilliant. It is directly opposite Wonderworks (the upside down house), and close to loads of restaurants and bars, both expensive and cheap. It is only a 10 to 15 minute drive from Disney, Seaworld and Universal or a shuttle bus stops outside. It is in a quieter and nicer area of International Drive, away from all the tacky looking souvenir shops. I would recommend Sizzler for breakfast, it is just across the road, costs $5.95 (about £4) for an eat all you can buffet breakfast. We have also eaten there in the evening and the meals are reasonably priced and good quality. Also try the Ponderosa, towards the Universal end of International Drive. They do fabulous steaks and sirloin tips and you have a free eat as much as you like salad bar, which includes hot pastas and sauce, potatoes, vegetables, soups, desserts and cakes. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank janine_e_morgan
We are thrilled that you came back to visit us janine_e_morgan and we hope that you will continue to do so many more times!

There is so much to do at our hotel: great food, great amenities and amazing staff—all of which really does make this the BEST PLACE TO STAY!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Can't fault a thing loved every minute felt special!!!would definately come again the staff went that extra mile for their guests and we were treated like family a home from home really friendly and warm
Natured I want to also thank Jairo suyen and temamda for their warm genousity

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ellie0812
We treat our guests like family because you have a special place in our family, Ellie0812!

Our home continues to be your home any time you’re in town so come back soon!

NI
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had a fantastic stay at the Rosen Inn at Pointe for our honeymoon 28 March - 12 April. Reception staff and those at the Excursion desk were more than helpful. The lite bite shop is open 24hr and the staff in there were lovely!
Rooms were cleaned every day during our 14 night stay and cleaners were also very friendly. put your do not disturb sign on the door at night before going to bed as they can start their rounds early... we were in block c (room 2203 with a massive king sized bed) over looking international drive.
we drove during our stay but for those not wanting to drive the location of this hotel could not be better, a great selection of restaurants right on door step as well as a 24hr wallgreens grocery store, cinema at Pointe orlando complex across the road as well as a handful of shops including Victoria secret, tommy Hilfiger, Hollister and Armani exchange.
had a fantastic stay and would definitely consider staying on a future visit to orlando - we will def be back it is a fantastic place... wish I was there right now!!

Room Tip: room 2203 in block c faces a quiet road that leads to international drive, the rooms on the other si...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bumbleNi
bumbleNi, it was an honor to have been a part of such special memories for such fantastic newlyweds!

Congratulations on starting a new chapter of life together. Be sure to reach out to me when you plan your next visit (maybe an anniversary??)