Stayed at the Rosen inn at pointe for 14 days and returned home yesterday. We are a family of 5, 2 adults & 3 children. Firstly like to say that I emailed the hotel approx 2 weeks before requesting a ground floor near the pool to make it easier for the children & this is exactly what we got. The room was not the biggest but it had everything we needed- fridge ( an ice box would be better ), hair dryer, etc. There was a strange smell when we 1st entered the room put this down to the cleaning materials because it went after a few hours. The rooms were cleaned every day, clean towels, new soaps etc, if we were in when the cleaner turned up she would say no problem & would come back later when we had gone out- great service . The pool was great for a chill day and came with free towels which was useful The bar was good if you need a relaxing drink after a long day. Karaoke, pool table & happy hour. Bar staff was very friendly- the bar man gave our food to the wrong table by mistake, which was no problem but when I when to the bar he gave us a free round of drinks to say sorry, nice gesture. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but we did have a few bar meals and the food was great. The restaurant do "kids eat free under the age of 9 "which is good saving if you have kids.
The location of the hotel is exactly what we wanted- right in the middle of international drive. There are loads of restaurants on the strip & that's the main reason we didn't eat at the restaurant because we see & try the different places and the food was amazing. There is an I-trolley stop (number 23) direct outside the hotel which only cost 2dollars for an adult & 1 dollar for child which will drop you off anywhere on the international drive. All the I-trolleys have free maps onboard which is a great help-only 15 mins to sea world & aquatica. We also used the hotels free return shuttle service to universal & sea world-Which was great service. I would try to book the shuttles the day before. Only thing I did find abit tricky was getting to Disney & also found the hotel taxis expensive. The 1st day we went to Disney we had a hotel taxi ( I think they were called town & county) which cost 90 dollars return & the time you tip the driver it was 100 dollars- we intended to go to Disney parks 7-8 times so this could end up costing a lot a lot of money so decided next time to try something else. The next time we tried the buses. Very cheap but very confusing & time consuming. You need to catch the I-trolley to sea world area. Then get off the bus cross to the other side & wait for the lynx bus. Then catch the bus to the Disney area. Then catch the mono train or ferry to Disney area and find which bus depot you need & catch the free bus to which ever Disney park you want! Also be careful when returning because of the time of the last buses. Although it was a lot cheaper to do the bus route it took approx 1hr 45mins-2hrs one way! After this we decided time was valuable so decided to shop around for taxis- the average price to Disney was 75 dollars but we fell in lucky and managed to get a mini bus for 50 dollars return for 5 of us. All in all the hotel was excellent & would definitely recommend it value for money, a great location & helpful staff. 1 thing I was not happy with was the Thomas Cook rep who I could never find. She was never there the time I was told or if she did turn up I would miss her because she turned up late or finished early. After a week trying I managed to speak to another company rep who rang her direct cos she could see I had enough of waiting. But that's nothing to do with the hotel. Once again great hotel which helped making our holiday fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn