“Great hotel if you're not driving”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #111 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
birmingham
“Great hotel if you're not driving”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just returned from 10 nights at this hotel and for the price it is a great. We were a bit apprehensive about the motel style of it but it didn't feel unsafe at all. We stayed in A block which we had requested as it was close to the reception block and not far from one of the pools. The room was spacious with 2 double beds, large wardrobe and large set of drawers. There was a little kitchen area with a fridge and microwave, the fridge came in very useful. The bathroom was small but fine. my only small complaint would be that the bath towels are very small, if I stayed there again I would take my own. Housekeeping was great and we had fresh sheets and towels every day.

We ate breakfast there twice as it was part of our deal however we weren't overly impressed with it. We liked that there was a shop in the lobby which is very useful if not a bit expensive, we tried to use Walgreens over the road for things. Staff were nice, particularly at the attraction/concierge desk which is where we booked our shuttle to Universal and bought our I-ride tickets. The I-ride is perfect if you're not driving as the stop is right outside and the drivers are very friendly. One day on the way back from SeaWorld our driver told us that the trolley's name was Jenny and that she liked to dance, which she did, he also turned the music up and made it into a party bus!

There are plenty of places to eat, but we particularly liked Millers Ale House and we ate there most nights, the food and service is great.

Overall great hotel in a great location, perfect for first timers like us!

Room Tip: Block A is close to reception, shop and bar and was quiet.
2 Thank hlbutcher
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Our guests are so great, hlbutcher….and you are no exception.

Thank you kindly for writing a review of the property. We appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,556)
  • Finnish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'd just like to say I'm writing this review to provide feedback to the hotel as well as help future guest plan and enjoy their stay here.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. I chose it based on location, price and the reviews of previous guests. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I asked for a room facing I drive, it was relatively quiet however you could hear the people in the room behind talking through the air vent in the bathroom. It was very loud and clear. Also the rooms have little to no soundproofing so it was easy to hear people talking outside the room.
The room (and hotel) was in the shade most of the time. That combined with the rooms colour scheme gave it a depressing feel.
The room was not overly big, it was fine for my boyfriend and I, but I think 4 people would be a bit too cozy. There wouldn't be enough room to lay out 4 people's suitcases but there is a huge wardrobe and 4 drawers that you could put all your clothes and belongings into. The beds are doubles, so smaller than other hotels and the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. I slept without a pillow 11 nights of my 14 night trip.
In the bathroom the towels were tiny and thin. The shower rose is placed too low that I had to bend awkwardly to wash my hair (I'm 5'10".) There is also a fridge (no freezer box though) and microwave next to the sink. There is a tea and coffee maker. They provide coffee, but no tea.
The door to the room stuck a lot, I had to jump on it to get it to open and twice I started panicking because I couldn't open it to get out. The stairwells are narrow which makes it hard to get past people going the opposite direction and the corridors are also narrow. The housekeepers favoured parking their trolleys on an angle right across the corridors so you had to really squeeze to get past them. The housekeeping also missed a few things. Often cups weren't replaced, one day I was given hand towels instead of facecloths and when I arrived there were blood stains on one of the bed covers which wasn't replaced for 3 days.
Thee were however quite a few good points to the hotel. Laundry was only $2 a load which is better than some places. The location was amazing for most things on I drive and there is and ITrolley and lynx stop right outside. The hotel offers a free shuttle to Universal, Wet and Wild, Aquatica and Sea World. You can also pay $17 for a round trip shuttle to Disney. I didn't use either of these services because they need to be booked at least a day in advance and I like to decide on the day whee I will go. They also run at set, limited times. You can catch either the ITrolley or Lynx 8 to Sea world, Wet and Wild and Aquatica. To get to Universal you can catch the Lynx 8 or 42 and then transfer to 37. To get to Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom you can take the Lynx 8 then transfer to 50. For either outlet mall you can catch either the Itrolley or Lynx 8 and for Florida Mall take the Lynx 42. Both buses cost $2 each way and you can get a transfer ticket on the Lynx. If you have a choice between taking the trolley or lynx, the lynx has less tourists and much nicer seats. To plan your trips and for the bus schedules go to www.golynx.com
If you are planning to spend a lot of time at Disney, I'd suggest staying somewhere closer, either on property or at one of the Downtown Disney hotels. Especially if you are going for an event such as a runDisney race. I had to catch a taxi for one and the round trip ended up costing $67 as there is no transportation for those events from here.
Overall the Rosen Inn was great. Heaps of restaurants close by, lots of transportation options and the rooms were great for the price. A lot of the things I have spoken negatively about are small things that if fixed up would make this place absolutely amazing.
(Also, for those who like staying somewhere with a fitness centre, there isn't one here but in the room guide it says they have access to the centre at Rosen Plaza next door. I didn't go and check it out though so not sure what the deal is or what it is actually like.)

Room Tip: I asked for one facing I Drive based on other reviews. I didn't hear much noise from my room.
3 Thank Sarah R
If we don’t know something is broken, we can’t fix it, Sarah R. Thank you for letting us know of the small issues you ran into.

I will make sure the team is aware of your recommendations and concerns and will make sure they work on it.

Please give us another chance in the future. Let me know if you need anything. I’m here for you!

Valrico, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful hotel, nice and clean. We were able to bring our pet which was great. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning in June for a family vacation with the kids. Walking distance from EVERYTHING!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We can’t say it enough, Jessica B. Our location is unbeatable.

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the 5 star review.

Please visit us again in the future.

Naas, Ireland
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Will certainly be returning to this hotel again. It was secure and very clean and at the heart of everything. Very quiet. We had brilliant sleeps. Great for visiting the parks. they had a laundry room with washers and dryers which meant we only had to bring a limited number of clothes. Great for those who want to leave space free to shop shop shop and also those with children! There were 3 pools with loads of fresh towels daily. Really fantastically organised hotel.
Our only drawback was the beds are queen size and a bit small for 4. Two adults and two younger kids would fit, otherwise id say get a larger room.

Room Tip: As I said beds are a little on the small size so if you are travelling with older kids, see about ge...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mars1809
Lovely review, Mars1809!

THANK YOU! We appreciate you and your family for staying with us and for reviewing the property.

Please come back and visit us in the future.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and I have to say that everything was excellent. This hotel is a hidden gem as far as rate, quality, and location.
We accidentally made reservations for 4 nights when it should have been 5. When we went down to the front desk to add the extra night we were told that the hotel was sold out. However, Earl (the Front Desk Manager) was able to work a miracle and was able to book the extra night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AtlanticTravelGroup
That is why we call Earl, the Miracle Worker, AtlanticTravelGroup!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Please do visit us again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We Loved our room right next to the pool. On the bottom floor. Rooms have small refrigerators which we could keep small snacks and drinks. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and night life.
There is a bus stop right outside the hotel to the convention center, which was great.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank L_alison44
So happy to hear you loved your room next to the pool, L_alison44!

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience with everyone to read.

Are you visiting again in the future? Hope so!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is the place to stay if you want to stay on I drive if you are on a budget , the rooms are somewhere to sleep as you find you are never in of a day as there is so much to do . Right facing the hotel is point Orlando where there is many restraunts and some shops to browse around and there is also a cinema there. Getting around is easy as the hotel puts on transport to the theme parks and there is a I trolly stop right outside the hotel that gets you to the shopping outlets on either end of I drive. Wonderworks is also facing the hotel which the kids will love. A good place to eat is millers ale house which is over the road from hotel and the food is great and fairley cheap ,we would definitely go back to this hotel .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 5susie5
We need to hire you to write for us, 5susie5!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Please visit us in the future.