“Great location and good value”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
UK
“Great location and good value”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you're looking for a good value and well located base this is a good option. We only stayed two nights but the room was large, clean and had all you would need. We didn't use many if the facilities as such a short stay but the best thing is the location. It's nice to be able to walk to nearby shops and restaurants and not many hotels give you that option. We stayed in block C which is close to the main building and easy walking to Pointe Orlando which was helpful. It is a huge hotel but parking is outside the blocks so convenient. Yes it's a budget hotel but offers all you need and the location makes it. Try Bahama Breeze just a 5 minute walk away for great and interesting food that's a little different from the normal American selection. Would stay again if on International Drive for a few nights.

Room Tip: Block C seems to be closest to main building and International Drive
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Bahama Breeze is definitely good, SharonAJ!

We hope your next visit is a little longer so you can enjoy all that we have to offer.

Thank you for updating us on your stay. Please visit again soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,571)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from the 6th October and from check in to checking out it was fantastic. Emailed a couple of months prior to get rooms facing the pool in B block and were not disappointed. Staff so friendly especially at the Starbucks cafe. Will be returning early 2015. Rooms were spotless and cleaned to a high standard, food was ok but we tended to use sizzlers and millers. Cannot rave about this place enough. A big thanks to all the staff.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Paul S
Don’t thank us, Paul S. THANK YOU!

Thanks for staying with us.

Already booked for 2015…AWESOME!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel is priced well and central to everything. Rooms are clean, well appointed. Food was good. They cater to families and wouldn't recommend staying there when school is out unless family involved;-)

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarheel74_52
Our location is probably the best one in the area, Tarheel74_52!

Thanks for sharing with us. Please visit us again soon.

Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Been going to Florida on holiday for most of my life, the most recent time celebrating my 20th birthday. Every time we've been on holiday we've stayed at the Rosen Inn, although me and the family still refer to it as the Quality Inn Plaza. The hotel has not changed much in recent years, only the name and entrance comes to mind. There are so many brilliant qualities to this hotel which keeps us coming.

I have to say, on the most recent holiday earlier this October, the staff were absolutely brilliant! Very friendly staff everywhere, whether at the reception, the theme parks desk, the cleaners, or in the shops/bars. Personally, I needed to use the internet once every day, and the staff who let me use the internet were lovely, very helpful and even recognised me after a while and always asked me about my stay and what I had been up to during the day.

One of my favourite things about the Rosen Inn is the Lite Bites food shop. This place does everything you could want while on holiday. They stock all the usual essentials, drinks, food, sweets, and even bathroom essentials. One thing I particularly like about Lite Bites is that they have a toaster where you can buy toast or bagels and have them for a lighter breakfast alternative, something I did a number of times before going to the parks. There is also a lovely little seating area outside the Lite Bites store, perfect for relaxing in the shade and a good place to eat a quick breakfast.

Another great service at the hotel is their very own theme park desk. Here you can buy your tickets for all the Disney and Universal theme parks. We didn't buy our tickets there this year (opted to buy them at the actual parks) but when we had before they were very helpful, and maybe a little bit cheaper. At this desk, they also provide a transport service to the theme parks. They offer free shuttle buses to Universal Studios, but they do not offer free shuttle buses to the Disney parks. This was the only disappointment on the last visit. On previous years, the hotel would transport guests to which Disney park they wanted on separate buses for each different Disney park, but on this visit, they had changed that process. Instead of everyone finding space on a bus, people are asked to get into different sized taxis/buses, which have to be paid for, think it was about £25 return, more expensive than our last visit. The worst thing though, is that these transportations don't even take you to which Disney park you want, they just take you to the main Disney transportation centre which is situated just before you cross the lake to the Magic Kingdom park. So when you arrive there, you have to make your own way to whichever Disney Park it is you want to go to, although Disney offer free buses to each park, so no worries there. Coming back to the hotel from Disney was a nightmare though, because the taxis try to load in as many people as they can, and I noticed that a few families had to be split up. So I'd personally recommend getting a taxi to the Disney parks, maybe a bit more expensive, but then you won't have to worry about all the hassle with the other hotel taxis. On that note, be careful which taxis you get from outside the hotel, as a lot of them work for different companies, and some charge a significantly higher price for certain locations. Definitely use the free shuttle buses to Universal though, I really can't fault that, and if you are lucky enough to get a driver called Nick (think it's Nick, he wears glasses) then you'll have a great time before you even get to the park!

Lastly, one of the best things we've always said about the hotel is its location. You have so many different restaurants and attractions locally on International Drive. All the parks are only a short drive away anyway.

There really isn't anything to fault about this hotel, it's just a brilliant place to stay and I couldn't recommend it anymore. Always been a family favourite and I hope to carry on that tradition when I start my own family.

Room Tip: I've managed to stay in each different building at this hotel and I would say it really doesn...
5 Thank Michael L
You are too kind, Michael L!

Thank you SO very much for leaving such an amazing review for our property…we appreciate it.

We can’t wait to have you back. If there is anything I can do to assist you, feel free to reach out to me.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time staying at this hotel and it was a fab location. The hotel had a great buzz about it and it was great for kids with nice pools and a games room. The rooms on the south side of the hotel are quieter away from the motorway traffic. Bar area nice for a couple of drinks before heading out to nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter away from the motorway
Thanks bernie4768!

We appreciate the kind review. Please visit us again soon.

Northumberland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we visit Orlando(after getting ripped off at Disney) The location is central for all the parks, restaurants and nightlife,especially if you dont have a car.The hotel has shuttles to the parks (disney with a charge) and i.trolley stops right outside the hotel.Reception and shop staff are all friendly and helpful,and housekeeping can not be faulted. A huge draw to us choosing this hotel again is the bar staff,Oscar and Dave Kerlin.Dave is the best bartender we have come across on our many travels.He is very friendly, professional ,knowledgable,courteous and a asset to the hotel.We all ready have our next trip planned.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthumberlandJulie
The guys at the bar are awesome and thanks for sending the shout out, NorthumberlandJulie!

I will make sure that their management team knows that you appreciate them as much as we do.

Thanks for staying with us. We hope you return again soon.

Thanks,

Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have to agree with everybody else's reviews about location of this hotel, you really dont get much better for all the attractions of International Drive, Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. Disney was a little bit more difficult to get to, especially if you are using public transport like we were. We ended up paying for a shuttle organised by the hotel for all Disney Parks at a cost of $51 for 3 of us per visit. You can get the I Trolley and then the Lynx bus to Disney but it took about 2 hours to get home as the buses were really busy, and when your tired and have been out all day all you want to do is get back as soon as possible.

The ITrolley stops right outside the hotel in both directions. Stop number is 23. The buses were quite regular and they were quite busy. We prebooked a 14 day bus pass at $18 for each adult and 12 and unders were free. I did notice on the bus that they were chaning the prices of the buses from 1 November and that all children will have to pay.

The hotel has a very good shop called Lite Bite which is open 24 hours a day. All staff there were extremely helpful. In the shop they have a range of snacks and drinks, they also have tea and coffee making facilities, a microwave, they do toasties, pizza's you name it they probably sell it and we found it really useful. Although there is a supermarket over the road which was much cheaper, the Lite Bite was very handy. After a long day at the parks, we would buy a couple of drinks, sit outside and re-energise ourselves whilst our son played in the games room, which was handy.

The room itself, I was very disappointed in. I dont know what I expected but it wasnt that. I did get used to it as it was clean and comfortable. There is one room with 2 double beds and at the end of the main room was a very small sink unit with fridge and microwave which was behind sliding doors and then off the sliding doors was a very small toilet and bath with overhead shower. When I say small I mean small. There was no where to dry your wet clothes. We tried to put them on the railings outside and got told off by security. The beds and towels were changed daily. There wasnt really much to complain about, it just wasnt what I expected and I was a little disappointed. There were 2 pool areas with towels provided. There isnt a lifeguard so beware if you have small children. The pools were open from 9am -10pm which was great when you'd had a really long hot day in the parks.

We were in room 2252 which had a pool view but is right next to the busy motorway. The traffic did not die down at all day or night. The first night I didnt get any sleep at all. I think after that, i was so exhausted I could have slept on a washing line. If I could have been bothered, I would have requested to move.

Universal studios and Discovery Cove were the best experiences I have ever had and if anybody is unsure whether to do Discovery Cove, do it. The whole day was magical, it felt like paradise and the food and drink were excellent.

I would recommend this hotel to people as long as they realised that it is a budget hotel but the location is a definite winner.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 2252 or you will be kept awake by the traffic all night.
4 Thank Donlou01
Thanks for the review, Donlou01.

I’m sorry to read about your disappointment in the rooms but glad you enjoyed the time here.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks again for staying with us.