“Great property, no complaints!”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Everything was great, the hotel is comfortable, clean, fairly friendly with a pleasant atmosphere. Good location and value for money. I definitely would stay here again.

The only problem I had was actually booking a room! First of all the website said the hotel was full. This was inaccurate but maybe they hold some rooms for walk-ins. Trying to book a room on Friday night for the following night seemed to be confusing so I said I would return at 7.30am which I did.

At 7.30am I was actually told I could not book a room and come back to check in at 8pm!!!!! Even though I was willing to pay for it and there were rooms available!!! Luckily, the lovely Sheila overheard and came to the rescue, thanks again to Sheila as at that point I was getting a little irritated. Some of the reception staff are not good for business!!!!

I worked in Orlando years ago in tourism and so many tourists got confused because so many hotels have the same name. I see there are four Rosen's and the same problem is still going on, weary, confused people trying to check in to the wrong hotel and then getting upset because they think the hotel doesn't have their reservation. Can't believe something can't be done to solve this issue. I think some of the reviews on here also are possibly for a different Rosen Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wendyc2020
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much, wendyc2020!

I will make sure that Sheila gets the attention she deserves and I will look into the booking situation you ran into. I'm sorry to hear this.

We hope you come back. If you ever run into an issue, please know you can reach out to me personally.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (8,173)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed the night of 10/19. The hotel is a bit dated, but is very clean. It's no Hilton, but for $80, you can't complain. If you're on a budget or looking for a place with availability when others are full, check out the Rosen Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face I-4. Will be quieter if you go to bed early.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MyOpinionMatters67

We really are the best value for the money, MyOpinionMatters67!

Love your pictures. Hope you have the opportunity to come back in the future.

Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friends & I attended the Southern Women's Show at the convention center and wanted to be close to Pointe Orlando. The rooms were nice, the rate was great and the location was perfect!

I left some items in the room and the staff went above and beyond to get it back to me!! I was extremely happy with the entire process.

I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Holly T

We love the Southern Women's Show, Holly T!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Are you coming back soon? We hope so.

Let your friends and family know we are waiting for them.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

my family and I stayed here for 2 weeks in September and will be returning next year,I think that says it all.thank you to all staff from cleaning,restaurant security all do a fantastic job and all very friendly

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank caroline312
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Lovely review, caroline312!

Thank you so much for the kind words. Let me know when you return…would love to hear from you.

Safe travels!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando from 26/9/13 - 3/10/13.
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel, it was ideal for what we needed, we had a quick check in and was in block G, 9th floor, room 4907, we did face the I4 but we never hardly heard any traffic noise !! we did hear a few ambulances but the Doctor Philips Hospital is just over the road so what do you expect ? but in the 2 weeks we were there we only heard one or two. Rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels if needed, there is a coffee maker, fridge, tv, microwave and hairdryer in the room, AC was a godsend too !!
The staff are all very friendly and polite and greet you with a smile every morning.
We did make use of the laundry while we were there, you have to change money for machines/ dryers for tokens, there is machine in the laundry for that, each machine/dryer takes 8 tokens, we went to Walmart and got detergent etc but there is also a machine that sells Tide washing powder.
We didn't use the restaurant/buffet at the hotel so I cant leave comment on it, but we did go into The Sports bar for a few mins, its badly in need of updating and it has the feel of a very old club on a caravan site, really didn't like it, but that is just my opinion. The coffee shop sells Starbucks coffee, and gifts and the staff in there are lovely and really helpful, we had a load of change to get rid of and the lady in there advised us to go to Publix, as they have machine that sorts the change out and changes it for notes (something to remember for next time!!). There is also a shop, that sells almost everything you might need, and it also does snacks, we didn't use it but did have browse.
There are 3 pools we used the one near to our block, it was clean and had towels to use there, some people did take bout 5/6 so there wasn't enough to go round, as they're not very big, but its so warm that you dry out anyway, there are sun loungers as well, we did have one or two problems getting one as I personally don't think there are enough.
This hotel is in an ideal place on I Drive, with Sizzler & Pizzahut next door, and loads of restaurants across the road, there is also Walgreens just across the road too.
Really liked this hotel and are looking to book it again in 2015.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank annjugs

WOW! Thanks, annjugs!

We appreciate the review and kind words more than you know.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel would have got 4 stars but it gets a 3 due to the rudeness and unhelpful nature of the reception staff. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are comfortable with a fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker. There are three pools plus a 24 hour shop and a bar and restaurant. The food was very nice for both breakfast and dinner. The housekeeping staff were very pleasant, always said good morning, even though many couldn't speak much English and they kept the room lovely and clean. However, when we checked in the lady on reception was rude and ignored a lot of what we were asking then we were told by our Thomson rep that our transfer had to be phoned through to confirm we still wanted it. We were told to go to reception where they would phone for us. Instead the lady on reception waved her hand dismissively and told us to do it ourselves using the free phones. When we checked out we were also ignored and kept waiting whilst the lady fiddled with the computer, I wouldn't have minded if she'd acknowledged us and told us she wouldn't be long or apologised. I would recommend this hotel to others as it was pretty cheap and in a great location but I'd tell them not to expect from the reception staff any of that famous, American hospitality we hear so much about.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viv R

Hello Viv R-

I hope you received my private message but I want to public apologize for the encounter you had during your check-in and check-out process.

This is definitely something we do not like to hear and will research and fix this for the future. Our sincerest apologies.

If you come back, please let me know personally. I want to be sure you are taken care of.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Generally, this place was 'fine'. Its clean and well located. If your happy with something cheap and basic then this place will suit you perfectly.
The beds were very comfortable, they have 3 average pools, tv, safe, bathroom and so on. Theres a bar, in-hotel shop and guest services.

However everything is old and dated, hence why it's so cheap. I have no idea when the place was built but I'd guess about 30-40 years ago? And I doubt it's been modernised since then. The pool furniture is old metal and rubber loungers, then rooms feel old and have a 'motel' feel about them. The bar offers the cliche karaoke night and has Stella on draft - maybe catering for the typical person who stays there.
Would I stay there again? Probably not, I'd rather pay a little more and get something you save all year for, this is more a B &B. Actually I'd stay here on a stag due or perhaps a golf trip with a group of men.
Like I said, it's not bad, but it's cheap for a reason. You get a clean, basic, no thrills hotel/ motel with a pool.
The best thing about it was the location.

Room Tip: Don't pick a ground floor. The other resident S will wake you when coming back drunk and late...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barnwood100

Hi Barnwood100-

I am so sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay.

We would absolutely love having you back. If you choose Orlando, let me know.

Thank you.