We discovered this Hotel when it was called the Quality Inn Plaza and we stay here every time we visit Orlando. First things first I'm just going to say if you are looking for a luxury hotel then this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a hotel that is budget friendly, family orientated, very clean and in a great location then this is the hotel for you. We have stated here as a family, in a large group of 40 and I have stayed here by myself. I have never had any problems that were not quickly resolved by the most courteous of staff.
The rooms themselves are a good size with two queen beds, a wardrobe, two dressers with 3 drawers, a TV, desk and a chair. Two sliding doors separate the sink area which is where the fridge, microwave and coffee maker are then the bathroom is to the right. The sink/bathroom area is quite small but it suffices. There is also a safe in the room which we found great for our passports etc. The TV has Disney Channel (which was great for passing time in the mornings while waiting for the bathroom lol) and the rooms are cleaned daily. For parents travelling with young children I would recommend you bring a travel cot (pack and play) as the cribs that they provide are steel and usually the only place to put the crib is right beside the air conditioner. We couldn't settle the baby in it. However we haven't needed a crib in 2 years so you may want to call and check to see if they are still using the same ones.
We have stayed in numerous rooms in the hotel but we would recommend a higher floor if you are booking a room. When travelling with Kids we usually prefer blocks B or C (close to pool and playground) when travelling with adults we prefer block D (usually that pool is the most deserted in October when we travel).
There is a free shuttle to SW, IOA and US but we found it hard to come by to be honest. Usually they gave out passes the night before or our group was too large to use it and it went around the world to lots of different hotels as well. There is a fee for the Disney shuttle which for our family that was travelling actually worked out $200 more expensive than making a deal with one of the taxi drivers outside the hotel to transport all of us at certain times on certain days for a set price. However I wouldn't recommend relying on these taxi drivers to take you everywhere as they are expensive. But we haven't bothered to try and use the hotel shuttles for the past two years due to the price and or difficulty of using them.
There is a bar and restaurant, a mini mart and a small store in the main building. The mini mart is overpriced and I would recommend you take a trip to Walmart when you arrive and stock up on basics (water, drinks and snacks) for the room. The bar is nice and the restaurant food is buffet style. They serve Starbucks Coffee in the store so that was a plus for us. The hotel close to the I-Ride and within walking distance of many stores and restaurants (Dennys, Pizza Hut Sizzler, Subway and many others).
On a taxi note, the drivers outside the hotel charge a set fee. which sometimes can work out cheaper for long journeys however if you are only going local there is a taxi rank located over at Millers Ale House (across the road) which tends to be cheaper. However the I-Ride pretty much takes you everywhere you need to go on I-Drive and also to sea world and aquatica!
Overall a great hotel in an unbeatable location. Perfect for us every time we stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn