“Great Base Hotel for Orlando.”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Base Hotel for Orlando.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We discovered this Hotel when it was called the Quality Inn Plaza and we stay here every time we visit Orlando. First things first I'm just going to say if you are looking for a luxury hotel then this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a hotel that is budget friendly, family orientated, very clean and in a great location then this is the hotel for you. We have stated here as a family, in a large group of 40 and I have stayed here by myself. I have never had any problems that were not quickly resolved by the most courteous of staff.

The rooms themselves are a good size with two queen beds, a wardrobe, two dressers with 3 drawers, a TV, desk and a chair. Two sliding doors separate the sink area which is where the fridge, microwave and coffee maker are then the bathroom is to the right. The sink/bathroom area is quite small but it suffices. There is also a safe in the room which we found great for our passports etc. The TV has Disney Channel (which was great for passing time in the mornings while waiting for the bathroom lol) and the rooms are cleaned daily. For parents travelling with young children I would recommend you bring a travel cot (pack and play) as the cribs that they provide are steel and usually the only place to put the crib is right beside the air conditioner. We couldn't settle the baby in it. However we haven't needed a crib in 2 years so you may want to call and check to see if they are still using the same ones.

We have stayed in numerous rooms in the hotel but we would recommend a higher floor if you are booking a room. When travelling with Kids we usually prefer blocks B or C (close to pool and playground) when travelling with adults we prefer block D (usually that pool is the most deserted in October when we travel).

There is a free shuttle to SW, IOA and US but we found it hard to come by to be honest. Usually they gave out passes the night before or our group was too large to use it and it went around the world to lots of different hotels as well. There is a fee for the Disney shuttle which for our family that was travelling actually worked out $200 more expensive than making a deal with one of the taxi drivers outside the hotel to transport all of us at certain times on certain days for a set price. However I wouldn't recommend relying on these taxi drivers to take you everywhere as they are expensive. But we haven't bothered to try and use the hotel shuttles for the past two years due to the price and or difficulty of using them.

There is a bar and restaurant, a mini mart and a small store in the main building. The mini mart is overpriced and I would recommend you take a trip to Walmart when you arrive and stock up on basics (water, drinks and snacks) for the room. The bar is nice and the restaurant food is buffet style. They serve Starbucks Coffee in the store so that was a plus for us. The hotel close to the I-Ride and within walking distance of many stores and restaurants (Dennys, Pizza Hut Sizzler, Subway and many others).

On a taxi note, the drivers outside the hotel charge a set fee. which sometimes can work out cheaper for long journeys however if you are only going local there is a taxi rank located over at Millers Ale House (across the road) which tends to be cheaper. However the I-Ride pretty much takes you everywhere you need to go on I-Drive and also to sea world and aquatica!

Overall a great hotel in an unbeatable location. Perfect for us every time we stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms tend to be better and I have found blocks A and B and the pool adjacent are usually ful...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Debbie O
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
WOW…we don’t even know where to start, star76princess!

Thank you so much for the amazing things you said about us. You have no idea how much this means to us.

We hope you come back in the future. If your travel needs bring you back to Orlando, please feel free to reach out to me.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,560)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying at the Rosen Inn and it's not great.

Staff are the most unhelpful I've ever encountered, the front desk staff are just plain rude and the others are not rude but not helpful either.

Our beds are made daily but the bath doesn't appear to get cleaned.

We are block A pool facing and the I4 is still quite loud, the AC is also super noisy you can't sleep through it. Plus the walls are so thin I can hear every word of my neighbours conversations.

The hotel has a good location but I would not recommend the hotel and will not stay again.

I would have complained but why bother as the front desk would struggle to look at me never mind respond.

Hello PinkPotions-

I just sent you a private message. I hope you get it. We want to ensure the rest of your stay is better and will work hard to ensure that it is.

Please let me know if you don’t get it….my information is below!

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013

With over 1000 rooms this is one very big property. Nicely laid out with nice rooms, comfortable beds, fridges and microwaves. Also love the on-site 24/7 convenience store. On International Drive, close to everything with short drives to Universal and Disney. If you are looking to stay within a budget yet don't want to give up a comfortable home base, Rosen is the place.

2 Thank Rob M
We definitely are a big property, Rob M!

Thank you so much for the kind words about your experience.

Please let us know if you will be back. We would love to have you stay with us in the future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

After sending an email requesting a high floor, pool view, good wifi reception, this is exactly what we got upon a swift check in with a floor 4 block b room. Little bit confusing finding your room for the first time even with a map. Rooms as expected, motel style, very clean, fridge, microwave, safe, enough storage and very clean. Two beds but we did think they were smaller than a double, but extremely comfortable. No probs sleeping even with the fairly noisy air con. But was a total godsend so didn't bother us.
Location was fantastic, iride trolley stop right outside, Pointe Orlando centre opposite, lots of restaurants within walking distance, we ate somewhere different every day. Wallgreens also a 5 min walk for cheaper snacks and drinks than the hotel 24 hr Lite Bite although we did use the hotel one a lot as it was convenient and the staff really friendly. We enjoyed the hotel buffet for breakfast quite a few times, they charge $1.50 extra for juice but tea and coffee included in the price. Personally we preferred it to the Sizzlers next door. They also do a buffet dinner but we did not try it. Food also available in Zebra's bar which was pizza/burgers/chicken etc but enjoyable and good value. Live music nightly in Zebra's with most nights karaoke which was always widely used with interesting results, lol! Overall a good atmosphere in there but predominantly the Brits taking over!
3 pools within the complex 2 were heated but no need in August! Plenty of sunbeds and pool towels available.
Everywhere around the hotel grounds were kept spotless, we even saw someone come and pick up cigarette ends from by the trolley stop.
All the staff we encountered we're fantastic and couldn't do any more to help.
Overall, it's a great location, clean and comfortable. Personally I'm not a big fan of the motel style outside corridors and that may be a factor in deciding my place to stay on any further visits but I would still recommend it, I can see why they have so many repeat guests. Well done Rosen!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank seaview10
YAY! Your review has us jumping up and down with excitement, seaview10!

Thank you very much for the amazing review. Please let us know if you will be back in the future and if there is anything I can do to make it just as good if not better!

kent
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando.........Great hotel , great location and the best value for money on I-Drive.
so many other places want to charge you a "resort fee" or charge extra for parking , room safe and fridges etc.
You won't find that here and theres a gym in the sister hotel next door thats free to use.
Had a faultless 3 week stay in August and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Jack G
Hi Jack G!

‘Another’ is another one of our favorite words. We absolutely love hearing about our repeat guests experiences at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

Thank you for staying with us. Please visit us again soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a fantastic base for a break on International Drive, with loads of places to eat within walking distance and just a short drive to many of the major attractions. We visited before when we had our Honeymoon in September 2010 and had such a fantastic time we re-booked 7 nights for our 3rd Anniversary. When we arrived, the wonderful Daneshea had arranged an anniversary card with balloons and a complimentary drink at the bar - thank you!

The bed was the size of a rugby field and extremely comfortable, and the room was always kept clean and tidy by the friendly staff. There are 3 pools, all very well maintained and large enough to not get crowded. You simply cannot expect much more for the budget end of the market.

Thank you Daneshea and your staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiter room and you will be put on the I-drive side (the other faces the I-4 Interstate Hi...
3 Thank Mr_Bounce38
Thanks so much, Mr_Bounce38!

We appreciate your kind words about your most recent stay with us. We truly hope you will be back in the future.

If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks for staying with us!

Wales
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel at the end of august~early September 2013. All in all this is a positive review so ill start with a few negatives
Bad- myself and my wife choose this hotel for our honeymoon. We requested a high floor, over looking the pool. We were given a low floor, overlooking a car park with 2 beds. We did inform the hotel on 3separate days of our situation but they weren't interested
In truth the hotel staff weren't interested in helping out at all, Atleast the ones at the reception.

Good- there were many good points. Breakfast is fantastic. Make sure you get a breakfast card if it's included when you check in

Location- very good, opposite pointe Orlando lots of good shops. Some great restaurants, olive garden, Millers ale house, pondarosa, dennys. Also get the i.ride weekly tickets. You can get on and off these up and down the drive then getting on and off when you want

Free shuttle to universal- book24 hours in advance however. You have to pay for Disney. If you're booking with Thompson for 2dollar more you get dropped off where ever you want in Disney

Rooms were clean, tidy, hada microwave, fridge and safe. In conclusion this is a good hotel its just a shame the staff at reception were so uninterested

• Stayed August 2013
Congratulations xxMattxx. We are so happy to hear about your wedding and your honeymoon.

I’m sorry to hear that your room requests were not made. I will follow up with the management staff to see if they can figure out what happened. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Will you be back in Orlando again? If so, please let me know… I will ensure that your requests are definitely made next time.

Thanks again for choosing Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.