“Affordability, Amenities, Safety...”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #111 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 1, 2013

These are the top 3 things I look for in a hotel when traveling and in Orlando the Rosen fits that bill. It is close to several restaurants, walking distance to House of Blues, Wonderworks and many other stores or bars. It is a large hotel spread out in different buildings over the property. Check-in is usually a little busy but seems to move pretty fast. It is pet friendly.
They have a bar/pool, restaurant, shop, atm, and a convenience type store that has just about everything you might need open 24 hrs, you have microwaves in your room and you even get a hot dog/chips or a variety of frozen entrees, sandwiches, bagels etc, when the munchies hit and you don't want to go anywhere. There is a nice covered space with table to sit outside and smoke, several pools with towels provided and even a free pool table to use.
The rooms are always clean, nice tv, coffee maker, iron etc. There are elevators. The doors are to the outside but after several stays there, even during grad nite and band competitions, it has always been quiet. Parking is plenty ample, you are given a car tag upon arrival and you have to be let in by a security guard. These guys monitor the hotel quite nicely, I see them everywhere. Its a short drive to Universal and they provide a shuttle within certain hours. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa H
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks for commenting on Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. It's great that we have all the things you look for in a hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,178)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a very lovely room but somewhat outdated. However, coffee amendities were available and view on swimmingpool was good. The great feature of this hotel that its near all kinds of supermarkets and fast food restaurants. Disney, Movieworld and Sea World are all very close by and easy accessible by car.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We're pleased you chose to stay with us here at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If your vacation is on a budget and don't plan to spend much time at the property, this could be your place to go. We got a good rate, so here it goes...
We were out most of the time so really did not notice a couple of negatives until our last day of stay: Stains in the carpet, stains in the bed skirts, dust all over the emergency sprinkler spout on the wall and a small dead roach in the bathroom floor. Other than that, the room and bathroom were pretty clean and nice condition. No funky smells and super cool AC unit.
Friendly staff, quick check in and great location. The little convenience store in the lobby is pretty well stacked and not pricey.
The bar is cozy and the bartenders were great.
They advertise a "newly renovated game room"... Personally, I could not tell of the renovations.
Probably the worse part of our stay is that coincided with some sort of youth volley ball tournament and it seemed that every team imaginable had book there (I do recall another reviewer mentioning something similar). Might not be the hotel's fault but if this a a common occurrence or business deal, the regular guests should be accommodated differently: There was one day in which one of the teams completely took over the pool (which is small to start with) and nobody else could go in it and during that night people were screaming on some balcony until 2am with no signs of Security.
In all, not bad... not good...Most likely will not come back to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend from 05/05/2013 - 19/05/2013 we booked through Thomson Holidays. We were originally looking at booking the Hilton Doubletree by Seaworld but we were recommended this hotel by the Thomson advisor.

The hotel is in an excellent location for public transport to all of the parks. Seaworld and Universal are really easy to get to. Walt Disney World is also easy to get to but it does take a little longer. To get to Seaworld we took the iride directly there. To get to Universal we took the iride or the lynx 8 to Wet and Wild and then walked the short distance down Universal Bld which brings you to the entrance to Universal. There is a bus you can get to Universal from by Wet and Wild instead of walking, but the walk only took about 10-15 mins so we always walked. To get to Walt Disney World we took the iride or lynx 8 to Seaworld and then crossed the road and got the 50 to Disney. The 50 to Disney does take quite a long time as the bus goes all round Disney before arriving at the Ticket and Transportation Centre, but the only downside to the bus is the time it takes, the actual journey was easy. Before travelling I was really worried about getting public transport but the location of this hotel makes it so easy! I would recommend printing off bus schedules (these are found on-line) before travelling as this helps with timing the buses.

Our room was located on the top floor of block B, I emailed the hotel two weeks before we travelled asking for this and my wish was granted. The rooms are standard rooms, nothing special but they were clean and tidy which is all I asked for really. The only downside was due to the design of the rooms, there are no windows to open for fresh air, there was a huge a/c unit in our room but sometimes it is nice to just have some fresh air in the room. To save money myself and my boyfriend would buy cereal and milk for breakfast from the store in the hotel, so the fridge in the room was really handy. There was loads of storage space for clothes and enough hangers supplied.

I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but it seemed nice from what I saw of it. The only reason I didn't eat there was due to choice; the hotel is surrounded by loads of bars/restaurants providing you with ample choice of places to eat. Millers ale house across the road from the hotel was great, really nice food and not too expensive.

The only downside to this hotel is that road the hotel is located on is a busy road; there are loads of pedestrian crossings but cars do travel at high speed along international drive. Myself and my boyfriend witnessed the tail end of quite a bad accident on international drive, with ambulances and fire engines in attendance helping two pedestrians that had been run over. So my advice would be to be cautious when crossing the road outside of the hotel, especially at night.

Some reviews have mentioned the helicopter tours and noise from them, I saw the helicopters taking off and landing but the noise never bothered us at night.

There was one strange thing to this hotel, when we checked in the hotel asked for an imprint of my debit card. The receptionist said they would charge a certain amount to my card (I can't remember how much) and then debit it back. No money actually left my account, I just think this was an ID check/security/deposit thing done by the hotel. I just thought this was weird as I booked through a tour operator, not directly with the hotel.

If I travelled back to Orlando I would definitely stay in this hotel again we got a great deal with Thomson, the hotel provided excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank laura_lou0

Thank you much for your comments. For security purposes in protection of our guests, the card used to charge the reservation must be presented at check-in.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando 3 times over the past 5 years and it has never given us reason to complain!

There is no doubt that the hotel's location is the best on I Drive! Millers Alehouse, Howl at the Moon, Walgreens and Point Orlando are all within a few minutes walking distance. The I Ride stop is right outside which will take you up and down I Drive!

Rooms are clean, tidy, spacious and great value for what we paid! Never have had a problem with the maids, even once when we accidentally left the safe open with over $1000 and jewellery etc inside we came back to find nothing disturbed!

There are plenty of dining options in the hotel, Zebra Sports Bar is great value for money, there was a coupon in the I Ride book where you buy a pizza and get two free beers which was only $8! Excellent value!

One small problem was that the bar closes early, but not a major problem!!

Pool area, lobby and toilets were always clean, also free towels available at the pool!!

Over all we always enjoyed our stay and no doubt we will return!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Ngrieve12

Thank you much for being a repeat guest with us here at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

stayed here from 13th june - 26th june 2013. was a very good hotel, staff are very welcoming and friendly.
Room- our room was good for the size, it had wifi, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, tv. soon as we walked in to our room we noticed the fridge was broken, so we told reception about this problem and they fixed it within 5 minutes. very very good service from them!

Food - we ate at the plaza garden restraint, and it was ok. nothing special.. was good for a buffet, different menu each day too. the breakfast buffet was good, you can make your own mickey mouse waffles :D

pool - 3 pools, all decent sized pools, very noisy because a lot of schools stayed there when we was there. we found during the day before 2/3 pm was quieter.

location - AMAZING location, you are at the very centre of all the action of I-Drive! you have a Sizzler and pizza hut right in front of the hotel. you also have the shopping centre Pointe Orlando" there too, and a cinema as well.

Shuttle services- they ran pretty good shuttles on the Universal Studios service, the shuttle/taxi service to Walt Disney World was ok, cost $17 per person for a return trip.

I recommend staying here because it was in a nice location, staff were all friendly, and it was an all round good hotel for me

Room Tip: rooms on Block D facing I-Drive are the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for recommending Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had two weeks in June.Rooms cleaned every day.had fridge for beer and eye drops cool.Ideal location for shops ,shuttle bus and sparks,and local Attractions.Not bad restaurent ,with Lite Bite shop ,open 24 hours.Helpful staff.also helped with weighing suitcases at business centre prior to departure.excellent car parking areas for hire cars.the only criticism I have is with the security staff,whom were very quick at shutting the pool,at a slide slightest change of weather ,and very slow at reopening the pool ,even when the storm did not appear,and the sun was out.sparks should read Parks.at a slide should read at the .

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor.had no noise.room very well soundproofed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ian S

Thank you for your comments.