This was our second stay at this property. We returned because of the location (great for Sea World, good for Universal, not great for Disney), but mainly because of the price. This is absolutely a no-frills hotel, located right next to a major highway, but it has some good amenities nearby and is clean.
Location: Right in the middle of International Drive, good if you want to walk to a few restaurants in the evenings. It's not far from Sea World at all, a short drive to Universal Studios but it's not great if Disney is to be your main destination (there are much closer similar hotels). There is plentiful parking but International Drive is very busy so it can take a long time to get anywhere. The hotel backs onto a major highway and there's no escaping it - you can hear the road throughout the property.
Rooms - the bedrooms were clean and the beds comfortable, although they are small doubles (smaller than UK standard which is 4'6", I suspect these are 4' doubles). The rooms were fine for us as we had two adults in them. The rooms are well equipped with a good sized TV, wardrobe and clothes storage, a tiny desk and fridge/microwave/sink area. The bedrooms themselves are modern but the bathrooms are small and let this hotel down, they need modernising. There was usually plenty of hot water but the hottest setting isn't particularly warm if you like hot showers. There was no wifi available in our room, but this worked fine in all other areas of the property so if you want wifi, do not accept a room at the end of a corridor. The hotel has, thankfully, replaced all of the door locks in this room as they were definitely at the end of their life; the doors generally need replacing as they are in an interesting state and can be difficult to close securely (which is a bit of an issue as they open directly to an outside corridor).
Resort: This hotel is HUGE. If you want to be close to the bar, restaurant, play area, shop, reception etc. then you need to be in A B or C block otherwise you are a considerably distance away. The pool at this end is also very nice and offers the most greenery and shelter from the road. The other two pools experience a lot of road noise, are mainly concrete and offer very little shade. F and G blocks are furthest from reception; several minutes walk. D and E blocks are somewhere in between.
Pools: There are three reasonably sized pools. The pool by A block is by far the most pleasant, offering shade and greenery. The other two are largely concrete and experience ths most road noise. Whilst we stayed during warm weather (April), these two pools were quite cold. Being a family resort, there are a LOT of children in the pools. If you are in D block, you can overlook several of the pools and even walk right out onto it which is nice. Interestingly, one afternoon a gentleman arrived with a loud-speaker, promoting suncream through it in the form of a sales pitch, which disturbed an otherwise fairly peaceful afternoon - we left.
Service - We found this to be pretty good. Check-in was slow and the member of staff checking us in walked off half way through to deal with another issue...! The housekeeping staff are fabulous and clean the rooms to a very high standard. We had more issues with them continually checking that everything is OK by knocking on the room doors!
We did have a couple of issues during our stay. The first was that the fridge was freezing everything in it; a gentleman appeared within 10 minutes and pulled out the fridge to adjust the settings which resolved the issue. The second issue was the stench of cigarette smoke from another room in the block pouring through the vents in the bathroom. The hotel were very sympathetic and offered to move our room which we declined (we were there for over a week and were not about to pack everything up and relocate to accommodate those who did not abide by the hotel's no-smoking policy). The issue continued for several nights until I assume the smokers checked out. It would appear, then, that this policy is not enforced which I suppose is good if you are a smoker, but not so good for the rest of us.
One final thing to mention is that this hotel is a little like a Benidorm resort for Brits, in that it is a real favourite hotel amongst UK package holidays and seemingly hundreds of people arrive in bulk daily. It's not really an issue given that Orlando is one enormous commercial enterprise, but it definitely has that feel about it.
Would we stay again? Yes, but only if the price was right. The compromises needed to stay in this hotel (road noise, size, motel-style, small beds, sales pitches by the pool) have to be offset by lower prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn