This hotel is, like many, situated just off International Drive in the Pointe Orlando district which is towards the "better end" of I-Drive. During our stay we have used the I-Trolley to journey to and from attractions. The hotel is located at stop 23 on the southbound side of I-Drive. The red line I-Trolley runs every 20 minutes in each direction running between the 2 Premium shopping outlets at each end, runs along the length of I-Drive and stops directly outside Wet'n'Wild at stop 9 northbound and at Sea World at stop 33 southbound.
As many other reviewers will have commented, request a room facing I-Drive as the main highway runs parallel to I-Drive to the rear of the hotel and is very noisy. As regards block and level, we are on 6th floor of block D and the shower water pressure and temperature and the free wifi signal are all reliable and good. Bath towels are on the small side and soap and shampoo is provided daily.
The beds are amongst the comfiest we've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in with what could well be memory foam mattresses - if they are then we're sold on them! Suffice to say that after long days at the various parks we are sleeping very well.
As regards food, we have not dined at the Rosen. Sizzler is conveniently located a few minutes walk from the apartment block and provides a decent buffet breakfast for $5.99 for an adult and $3.99 for younger children plus beverages. Across the road is Miller's Ale House where we will have dined at least every other evening and when we haven't we've concluded we ought to have! The food is simply excellent and there's enough variety to appeal to most palates. It is constantly busy which is a sign in itself.
Back to the I-Trolley, young children 12 and under are free and you can buy multi day passes from guest relations in the Rosen Inn reception for as little as $18 for a 14 day pass. You can transfer from the red line to the green line at stop 7 northbound and then leave at the next stop for Universal which is a 20 minute walk. Note the I-Trolley green line runs every 30 minutes so invariably there is a bit of a wait. The alternative is to take a longer circa mile walk from stop 9 at Wet'n'Wild to Universal but in the Florida heat we preferred the shorter walks!
Hint for Universal and the very popular and thrilling Harry Potter ride - avoid the 2 hour queue and access the queue via the shop located at the exit to the ride and through the locker area where you have to deposit any bags. You will find single rider queues for most rides will save you at least an hour of waiting for the more popular rides and a free alternative to the overpriced fast pass options.
Finally the Lynx bus service runs to and from Orlando International airport at just $2 per person.
We hope you enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn