“Great Experience”

Ranked #111 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Seward, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed from Friday October 26 - Sunday November 4th. They allowed us to check in around noon, even though normal check in is at 4pm. It was great though because we originally had planned to go to the Space Center but since Hurricane Sandy was affecting the east coast of Florida that day, we had to change our plans. The lady in the front desk was very nice. She gave us a map of the hotel and explained that they had a restaurant, lounge, smoothie place, a deli/convenience store, and an arcade. There are 3 pools. They were clean and many people were in them. It was a bit chilly, so I didn't go in. We stayed at Building E on the 3rd Floor. Had a great room. They made the bed every day, and picked up our garbage, refilled out towels and everything. The only complaint I had was the 2nd to the last night we stayed there, a group of 20-year olds were drunk at 2am and shouting outside our door. My husband told them twice to be quiet. After 15 minutes the last time, they finally left. But I don't blame that on the hotel, I blame it on all the clubs on International Drive. Other than that, no problems and would definitely stay again!! We used the deli/convenience store a few times! Other than that, did not go to their restaurant/lounge. Would recommend to anyone! And great comfortable beds!!!! 1 thing I would change - add a fitness room instead of the arcade. Not very many games in there, and would have liked to use a treadmill in the mornings!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,542)
  • Finnish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

we had booked this hotel cause we were doing a cruise and stay . on arrivel we were given a room at the far end of the complex. when we went for dinner , we gave the guy that was covering the table a tip, but on the bill it they had taken 15% for tips when said to staff i was told i could ask the staff for the tips back that i had given him.

went on the cruise and due to the weather would be one day late getting back, my sister called them from the uk to inform that we would be later in by a day and the answer she got was" what you want me to do mam"

on arrive at the hotel on the sunday the 28th october we were told that there was no note on the booking about us coming in a day late and that we could not check in until 4pm , but after telling the desk staff that we were on a cruise and had been in the hotel for 4 nights before the cruise, all of a sudden the room was ready.

when we got to the room and tried to use the phone it was not working right , reported it to the front desk and all they done was phone the room and asked my mum can you hear me mam, went back down on the monday about the phone again this time different staff on the desk and they got someone up to check it and replace it .

have read on here that the staff at the hotel were great , do not know what staff that was.

when i said morning to one of the security staff he looked at me as if i was not there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank orlando1992
Burnt Hills, New York, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I can't thank the manager on duty, Jose Rivera enough! After technical difficulties, in 2 different rooms, Jose arranged for a room in their sister property right next door. He went out of his way to make sure I was happy and could get back to work (here for the Realtors Convention). Things go wrong, believe me I know. It's how people handle these things that show their true character. Jose and Edgar from IT were 2 of many that did what they had to do to make it right. Very much appreciated!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

this is the first time i have ever felt the need to write a review about anything ever so its a shame it has to be a bad one . me my wife and nine year old daughter stayed in the hotel from the 19th of october for two weeks . on the first morning we went to the lite bite for a coffee two sandwiches a bagel and a travel adaptor we were charged $40.00 when i checked my receipt the coffee and sandwiches were missing when i asked the lady whe served us she said coffee and sandwiches dont show on the receipt but still have to be charged ..the next day different person same order appart from the travel adaptor $12.00 all on receipt ! when i asked why the coffee and sandwiches do not show on the receipt she laughed and said oh another one !..the room we were in was very dusty and unclean the bath had a scum mark half way up . the water in the sink did not drain away and the toilet blocked up . after ten days my wife found a cockroach running across the dresser while she was drying her hair ! we complained and was moved to another room where the air con was leaking and the carpet was wet through!! i gave up after that and lost the faith in the managment and the hotel. i have been abroad hundreds of times and never complained about any hotel or member of staff but this place is the pits ..i rebooked for orlando two days ago for next year but theres no way were stopping at this crap hole ...oh and dont stand at the bar waiting to get served if your not in the que they will ignore you !!! you have been warned .

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank sp8ty72
houston
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If I still had small kids this would be a great place to stay with the pools, play grounds, video room, cheap breakfast buffet (mediocre), shuttle buses, and the host of nearby restaurants and family friendly attractions. However, my stay was for business and my room was overlooking I-4 in building B. The road noise and the noise from people walking outside my room was pronounced. It is fortunate that noise doesn't bother me that much.

I had three things go wrong in my room. The lamp plug on the desk and the TV remote stopped working. I called the front desk and they told me they would send someone up. Sure..... I asked how long. She stated 15 - 20 minutes. The repair person arrived in 16 minutes and replaced the lamp and fixed the remote control. Over a couple of days, I noticed that I had to keep plunging my card several times in the door lock to make it work. Finally, it stopped working altogether. I went to the front, they called a repairman, by the time I walked to my room (Bldg B is directly behind the main bldg) the repairman had arrived, fixed the lock, and was no where to be found. So my experience was that things may not work, but their customer service in fixing things is great. My my room was cleaned impeccably everyday and the maids were very polite and friendly. The bed was fair and what I had expected. However, I would have preferred a single king size bed instead of two doubles. I probably could have asked for this but I didn't want to stand in the long line I had stood in to check in.

The front desk is very strict on the check-in time (4pm). I arrived at 2pm, had an appointment I had to be to by 4pm, but was told there is no early check-in. This was evident by the scores of families sitting in the lobby with their luggage and standing outside. With such a large complex (7 buildings) I can't necessarily fault them for this.

I found that the price was good for the value received but not to my liking for business travel. I prefer inner hallways, early check-in when rooms are available, and other amenities. The lite bite did seem a little expensive but it's a hotel store - what more should have been expected? The breakfast buffet was fair but not something I would want to do every morning. But at 7.95(?) I would have brought my family in there every morning.

Again, if you have a family - great place and good value for your money. Also an excellent location on International Blvd. and there is free parking.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request that your room not face I-4. There must be very little insulati...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leakins
Devon
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our Stay at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, was great it was very close to Pointe Orlando (great restaurants and entertainment), the room was clean and tidy and was well looked after, whilst there we mislaid an electrical item and some months later was returned to us in the UK safely (I have to say a huge thank you to Laquandra Godfrey, at Rosen Inn for this), I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is great as a base camp, for exploring the wonders of Florida

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 955Joe955
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Arrived back last week after a 2 week stay at this hotel this was my 3rd stay& my 20th visit to orlando and i will be back next year. i had a very good cleaning lady room was cleaned every day beds made up again clean towels shampoo soap left every day and she was very friendly to me and my family.First let me tell u i was at the back facing i4 and i never heard any noise. there is no one any harder than me to please and i could not find any fault with this hotel staff were very friendly . when i arrived i was given a room in blockD i asked for a room near reception and this was given to me. may i say a very special thank you to the two ladies in the gift shop starbucks who gave me a cup of hot water for my tea as i had my own tetley teabag with me my family bought coffee every morning thank you again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank issy677
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing us again! We are so glad to read your review and we can't wait to welcome you back.