Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Hilton.com
$309
$125
$110
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$174
Travelocity
$552
$470
Travelocity
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
TripAdvisor
8,401 results
All reviewsinternational drivelite bitezebra barthe quality inn plazahour shopale houseair conblock clynx busesemailed the hotelfridge and microwavepizza hutbuffet restaurantbars and restaurantscleaned every daybrilliant locationi ride trolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at the Rosen inn on 21st sept for 2 weeks. First time to America. Have to say this hotel was a great base for us. We visited disney, seaworld, Aquatica. We had a car which we uses for disney and used the i-drive for seaworld and aquatica. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Should say thankyou to the cleaners as they cleaned our room everyday and as we were so busy visiting, we were in and out the room but did not get much cleaning done ourself. Hope to visit again in 2014 will not hesitate to book this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed on the side opposite the highway, but did not disturb our sleep. Were so tired after days at the park
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank limelight26
Reviewed October 26, 2012

24 September - 8 October (stayed for 1 night 24 September)

We booked this hotel because it had lots of good reviews and people on forums had recommended it and we understood that it was basic and we were fine with this - after all, you do not go to Florida to stay at the hotel, you are out all the time!

Check-in was fine, the hotel had given us a room as requested, over looking the pool in Block B and we were on the 4th floor - Great.

As soon as I opened the door, and put on the light, I saw little "dot-like" bugs near the window and on the light switch, this was fine as I thought it was expected in a hot climate hotel and obviously took in to consideration that the room was in a flat like set up and was not inside a hotel block as such. Anyway, put everything away, we were happy with the room, just as we had expected, basic but liveable and fine as a base whilst we enjoyed our holiday. Put out the toilettries and saw little pink ants near the mirror, this didn't bother me too much as I thought they were not near me so not harming me. That night we went to sleep and slept well - went out all day the next day to Aquatica, got changed then went to Micky's Halloween Party. We got home late at around 12.00 - 12.30 a.m. and put on our pjs. When I went to the bathroom to freshen up I noticed a lot more ants then I had originally seen during the day before. When I looked closer, they were crawling all over the woodwork (there is a lot of wood in these rooms) and as I followed their trail, they were walking all over my belongings, out of the bathroom and into the bedroom...! I even found some near my headboard and obviously at this point I started to panic as I knew I would not be able to sleep with them crawling around me!!

I called reception at the guy who answered was clueless. I asked if the pink ants could bite and he said matter of factly "oh they sound like sugar ants, they are just looking for something sweet" and I said okay can they bite to which he replied "erm, yes a little". He then told me we could not move room, it was fully booked and that we could move hotels the next day. I started to panic as I found myself looking for them, I found more and more, some of them were clustered together, some were spread out, it was awful, they were crawling all around the fridge as well!! The thing is, we are not untidy people and we did not leave anything sweet out at all, no food or drinks were out - so why were they there?! My boyfriend called them again and said that we needed to move as I was getting upset and was not prepared to stay with bugs running around everywhere.

They acted as if they didn't really care and just wanted to get rid of us without making a scene and seemed as if they had dealt with this before so I think it has happened to other people. we went to reception and the manager didn't even apologise to my boyfriend just told us we could leave etc.

There are lots of good reviews for this hotel and I am upset that our visit was not a pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jade H
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I should start by saying my stay itself was the quickie as I have just returned from a one-night business stay at Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando (henceforth referred to in this review as 'RIPO'). I usually break my reviews down into the Great, Good, Bad, and Ugly but . . . since there was nothing at either extreme (Great or Ugly) I'll just leave it at Good & Bad and offer some Bottom-Line type comments. Ready? Here goes . . .

GOOD

* Location: whether you are staying for work or vacation, the location is excellent. You will be situated just off Int. Drive and a several minute walk from the convention center. While I do think this hotel is a far more of a vacation spot than a business stay, it can serve either need.

* New Old-Fashioned Hotel: At its core, the RIPO is a 50's-70's constructed family vacation hotel. I kind of cringed when I first arrived and saw the exterior: all of those rooms and levels looked so cramped together. As a child of the 70's & 80's it reminded me of the many hotels I stayed at on family road-trips on vacations as a child (there is even a video arcade!). All of this is not necessarily a bad thing. But, I feared I would be walking back into one of those decades when I entered the lobby and room but . . . not so. The lobby and rooms are nicely updated.

* Rooms: I found my room to be nicely equipped with a big flatscreen, a refrigerator, and microwave. It was also clean and of generous size. While it had the classic outdoor-access set-up (meaning you walk out of your room and you ARE outside), it was distinguisable from other similar rooms - I liked the sliding pocketdoors

* Lobby / Facilities: RIPO features nice facilities including a convenient and well-stocked store and a festive sports bar. There is some good / some bad here (I'll get to the 'bad' below). The night I strolled through there was kareoke, sports on TV, a pool table and a very convivial environment. There is also a business center - not something I expected to see here.

* Wifi (good): there is free wifi

BAD (Room for Improvement)

* Wifi (bad): while the wifi is free how well it works for you depends on where you are located. I was in Bldg F - as far away from the registration building as you can get and the wifi browsing was slow and painful. My normally lightening quick iPad struggled to do basic surfing. Where I was situated, I would only use the browsing again for quick, almost emergency, uses.

* Lay-Out / Space: This hotel is probably always busy but . . . luckily it wasn't booked in-full crowded during my stay. You might be feeling a bit claustrophic here if it is. While the rooms are of generous size, the 'common areas' feel tight. There are several buildings that feature many rooms in a relatively small area. I stayed on the sixth floor and was surprised for a building with so many rooms how small the elevators were. Couple that with how people seem to like to congregate on the outdoor corridors - often JUST outside of your room (making leaving the windows open for natural light impractical at times) and you could be feeling claustrophobic at RIPO.

* Sports Bar (bad): Again, the bar had a nice, fun feel but be ready for it to be running wild with children and . . . we sat down to take in a football game and were seated for about fifteen minutes with zero service. A member of the staff brought drinks to the table right next to our's only to quickly scurry off, acting like she didn't see us. No "I'll be with you in a moment" - nothing. We left and found a better option very nearby.

BOTTOM LINE COMMENTS

* If you are in town on vacation and don't mind a little potential craziness and a fun family crowd, you will be pelased with the RIPO.

* RIPO can work without a car if you have to but . . . I think you would be better off elsewhere without a car. The hotel lay-out is very spread out.

* Request a room close to the registration building if you plan on using the hotel's wifi.

* My daughters would have loved the convivial sports bar (I was missing them) but . . . if you want a drink and some adult time with good service SKIP the hotel bar and head directly across the street to Miller's where you'll find better brews, more screens, and far better service.

Room Tip: stay close to the main (registration) building if you plan on using the free wifi
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ShoelessJeff
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your honest and balanced review. We greatly appreciate your insightful feedback and we will be sharing your comments with our staff. We hope to welcome you back again some day.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in September. Before this we hadn't stayed in this hotel for many years. We got this hotel for a super bargain through Holiday Genie (via Trivago). We paid less than £30 a night.
You wonder what you are getting for this type of money but you will be pleasantly shocked because its all GREAT!
We emailed Imelda at their customer services before we arrived with request for quiet rooms away from the I4. And yes, we got great rooms in Block B, on 4th floor.
The rooms have all been redone since we were last there, and we couldn't fault a thing. Beds and bedding lovely. Plenty of hanging space and drawers (unlike before), modern TV with plenty of chanels, safe, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Infact, lots more!
There is plenty of free parking not that far from the rooms.
We didn't use the restaurant but it appeared to be very busy.
The Lite-Bite cafe is very handy with the outside tables. As all reviewers said, yes it is expensive but handy if you run short of milk etc. We filled our room fridge from the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road. Somedays just had breakfast of cereal, fruit, bagels etc in our room. (take a few plastic dishes and cutlery with you in your case).
This hotel is spotlessly clean, the maid service very good and it is in a great location. Walk to restaurants, Pointe Orlando, I Ride and much more. If you don't want to have a car this is perfect for getting about and also on my favourite part of International Drive. (much prettier than north of Sandlake road).
Next time we are in Orlando we will definitely stay here again. I just hope that they don't put the prices up when they realise how good they really are!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on a higher floor and NOT facing the I4
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just back from our 5th stay at this hotel and once again it was excellent. The rooms are clean and kept that way by an excellent staff who are always cheerfull and curtious. We always ask for a room in the same part of the hotel for each stay by mailing the hotel a couple of weeks before we leave and they always make sure we have it. Great location and with the Miller Ale House and Wallgreens right across the road you have everything you need on your doorstep. We used the hotel for breakfast a few times and it was very good. It seems more expensive that the like of your Sizzlers & Ponderosa's if you want a buffet breakfast but your coffee is included in the price and once the other places add their cost for coffee it wouks out the same price. All the staff are very helpful the pool area's are very good. Only gripe is with people going into the pool area at 9 when it's opened and putting towels on bed' and then not returning to the pool for a couple of hours or longer........inconsiderate.
Already looking forward to returning in a couple of years.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple