“Very good value for price - great location”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #108 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“Very good value for price - great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I checked into the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando without booking a reservation - we paid $65 per night. Parking is free and readily available. Hotel has different zones - we stayed in Zone A, later Zone C. Outside appearance is a bit motel-like but rooms are large, fresh, and in very good shape. Both rooms I stayed in (I extended stay but had to move rooms) were exactly the same, with a very clean fridge, microwave. Bathroom was very clean - bathub was a bit worn but not dirty. Good flatscreen tv, free internet wifi which you want in Orlando. Three pools to choose from, however be aware they close at 10pm and no drinks allowed there. We swam in 2 and they were very clean. This is a very family friendly hotel so expect lots of kids in the pool. There is also a pretty big playground for kids that i thought looked pretty decent. Hotel has a free shuttle to Universal which we used - very friendly driver, prompt and quick drive there. There is a sports bar in the hotel that is open late. We did not eat there....because this hotel is all about location - you are right in the middle of lots of restaurants and pubs on International Drive including the Ale House which I highly recommend. We had a problem with our door not closing in our second room but otherwise I can't really complain about much. Bottom line is that this is a budget-priced place for families doing the Disney trip to Orlando. It has free wi-fi and is in a great location. I have seem this place ranked as a 2-star online, but I feel it deserves another star. Very good bang-for-your-buck. My wife and I are clean-freaks and I would go back here without an issue.

Room Tip: stay on the International Dr side - backs onto highway ramp can be a bit loud
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank scotiarae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,530)
  • Finnish first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed at the Rosen for 3 weeks with my 10 year old son. We had a fab time. I never felt unsafe & didnt find the doors in any way dodgy as has been commented in another review. The rooms are basic & the beds are not quite double but for a budget hotel, the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando is exceptional value.

I found the staff friendly & helpful but as in all businesses, there were 1 or 2 staff that had no interest in doing their job. I remember 1 blonde haired girl who couldn't do enough for the clients but unfortunatley her name escapes me, she more than made up for the slackers.

The hotel had everything you could ask for. A deli for any essentials you may need in a hurry (although Walgreens accross the street was cheaper) with take away food menu A gift shop (in which I purchased a Harry Potter World sorting hat that could not be purchased in the parks as they were sold out) A star bucks that made a pretty great Americano ( thanks ladies, much appreciated after a long day at the parks) & three pools. A bar that did happy hour twice a day & some pretty good take away food. A games room & a large patio area for people to sit & mingle in. Also a ticket counter where you could purchase your theme park tickets. Thats a lot for a low cost hotel I think.

The rooms were cleaned daily & rubbish removed. None of my personal belongings were ever touched. It was great to come back to a nice tidy room after a long hot day outside.

The only fault I would find with the hotel is that they took private bookings for pool 2. That means they came around asked everyone around the pool to leave for maintenance & closed it for a private function. This happened on the second week of my stay & the pool was closed for 2 days & there never appeared to be anyone at it in that time. Then again on July 4 weekend it closed for the evening. The hotel was at full capacity that weekend (or so it appeared) & all 3 pools were full when we were asked to vacate pool 2, which meant we were left unable to go to any other pool. This arrangement was very frustrating to guests.

But with that said I would reccomend this hotel to friends but I wouldn't recommend they stay more than 3 to a room as that, in my opinion, is the full occupancy to a room.

I hope you have as great a stay as I did.

Room Tip: Ask for block C, close to amenities & very quiet...This is a huge hotel complex
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank 086sim
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear 086sim

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond with insightful comments about our staff and our amenities; we will enjoy sharing these comments with our associates. It is through comments like yours that we strive improve the service we’re providing our future guests. We hope when travel plans include a return visit to the Orlando area you’ll once again consider staying with us again.

Thanks again for your comments ~ we look forward to serving you soon!
Glen Burnie, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I booked my reservations in May for the Rosen Inn at Pointe in Orlando, Florida. The trip was scheduled for the 2nd week of June 2011. My boss and I were headed to the Infocomm convention and wanted to be able to walk to the convention from the hotel. We paid in full for 4 nights and had a $31.31 cancellation fee charge tacked on in case we had to scrub the mission.
We arrived at the hotel lobby and were told that the hotel had been overbooked and they sent us 5 miles away to another one of their properties "The Clarion".
When I protested because we had not been notified in advance (surely they had to have known" the clerk put up her hand and said we had not booked with them we had booked through Hotel Plus Destination Portal. I had thought we were talking to the hotel lobby on the phone. We paid in full! Who did I give my credit card info to?
We commuted every day, paid a $15 parking charge at the convention center every day. It was a ok hotel but nowhere near the nightlife of the other folks we wanted to network with from the convention.
Went home, looked at the contract online and found the following language.
ROOM RATE POLICY- The hotel is not authorized to make changes to reservations or this room rate policy.
I called customer service for Hotel Plus Reservations and the staff put me on and off hold for 50 minutes.
[my.reservation@hotelplusportal.com]
I just wanted a refund for the $31.31 charged to me to insure my reservation because they did a Bait and Switch and stuck me out in the boonies.
They are rude and completely dismissive of my complaint.
Do not make this mistake when booking a hotel. Do not contact Hotel Reservations Plus.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mweiss14
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando as part of a business / pleasure visit in June 2011 and I must say... we had a wonderful time!

While not as grand as some of the properties spread across Orlando, the transformation that the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando has undergone (since upgrading from the Quality Inn Plaza) has been quite phenomenal!

Yes the property is large, yes it's in a 'motel' style which may not be to everyone's taste and yes, it can take a few minutes longer to arrive at your room if you are in one of the outlying 'blocks' but to be honest, these are minor issues when you take the complete package into consideration.

The renovation of the rooms is very sympathetic, everything you'll need for a comfortable stay (and let's face it... everything you'll need from what will most likely be 'base' during your Orlando manoeuvres!). The on-site facilities are excellent... several pools, a fantastic on-site grocery store, 24hr deli (for midnight feasts!), the Plaza Garden family buffet (kids eat free!) and a great bar to unwind in, following an action packed day of activities.

It's the killer details that impressed so much however. Cracking beds... soooo comfy, small kitchenette with tea / coffee, microwave, fridge, etc... free Disney channels on the huge flat screen, complimentary scheduled shuttles to Universal® Orlando, SeaWorld®, Aquatica, and Wet ‘n Wild. (Reservations required.) and Shuttles to Walt Disney World® theme parks and the Orlando International Airport for a nominal fee. Best of all though are my 2 favourite things: There is a Starbucks on site and there is complimentary wireless internet access throughout the hotel... how could you ask for more!!

In summary, I really enjoyed staying at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. Be under no illusion, this is a great 'value' property... if you want 5* stay at Rosens flagship property, the Rosen Shingle Creek that has more facilities than you can shake a stick at and beautiful in every way and highly recommended but the Rosen Inn scores on many different levels. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and extremely courteous, the facilities are great and the location on International Drive is superb. Wouldn't hesitate recommending and if anyone has any questions... would be more than happy to help!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Russel S
Dear Subarup1

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your observations, tips and impressions of the Rosen inn at Pointe Orlando in Florida. Our goal is to provide everyone with clean, comfortable and safe accommodations at a reasonable price and we take pride in delivering great service to our guest.

We are glad you were able to use all the amenities that our property has to offer. We are also happy to hear that when your travel plans bring you back to Florida that you will once again stay with us.

Until we have the pleasure of servicing you again, thank you!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our holiday didn't get off to the best start as we had been booked into a lousy hotel on International Drive, but as soon as we got moved here, we were able to relax and enjoy the rest of our trip. There were 4 of us, and the hotel was able to get us 2 rooms next door to each other. The rooms were comfortable, with a good sized TV and handy fridge. Our rooms faced one of the pools, which was perfect for the days we weren't out and about. The breakfast buffet was amazing, and very good value. We used the shuttle bus to get to Universal Studios, but had to sort out a taxi for going to Disney. There was always a number of taxis waiting at the front door, and there was a bus stop right outside for the I-Drive trolley bus.
The hotel also had a small shop selling snacks all day, as well as a gift shop.
We stayed during Sept / Oct in 2010 and the refurbishment of the hotel was still ongoing, but the improvements all looked great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank VickiMacIver129
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel 4 times now which was formely known as the Quality Inn Plaza. I did find that it needed updating. So when I went back I was pleasently surprised it has been updated. The beds are really comfy which is needed after all the walking round the parks.... All the furniture has also been changed looking nice...... But the bathroom is a let down as this was also badly in need of updating but has not been touched,which is a shame compared to the rest of the rooms. However I still enjoyed the Hotel which has also been refurnished and looks alot better... Cannot comment on restaurant as I have never eaten there. The Lite Bite shop is very handy but also quite expensive, you have a Walgreens opposite the hotel which is alot cheaper. Plenty of security walking around in the day and night so felt very safe.... O ne warning do not use the personel taxi at the hotel as it is a rip off, all the other cab companies are alot cheaper. Staff were very helpful and friendly and with three pools and plenty of sunbeds there is plenty for everyone, is nice to take a days break from the park to relax. Orlando was fab and there was plenty to do day and night. I will certainley be staying here again when I come back to Orlando!!

Room Tip: I found it's bestto stay in blocks D-E as these were quietier
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank covgirl_40
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are very appreciative of your continued business and we want you to know that we are listening. It is through comments like yours that we are able to make improvements to the services we offer. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

First impressions of this hotel I honestly wasn't fussed. It looks a little outdated from outside and the reception area isn't the most fancy but my impression soon changed. It took my and girlfriend and I little or no time to check in to the hotel which was good. Reception staff weren't overly friendly but then again the hotel is always busy.

I arrived later on in the evening so I went straight to the room and slept. Each room had 2 double beds and were comfortable. It was a little fustrating when I was trying to sleep and seen shadows of people walking past our room but soon got over that. The hotel has 3 pools so they are not overcrowded. I never had any trouble getting a sun lounger or a towel. The pool seemed to have quite a lot of chlorine in it all the same which was very irritating on my eyes.
If you are staying here with a young family i'd recommend getting a low level floor because the balcony railings are not very high.

The 2 stores in the rosen inn were good. Lite Bite and Smoooth Java they were called. Staff were lovely and happy to take change off my hands. The bar staff were also very friendly and the food was good but the happy hour was even better. Beer for $2 went down really good.

1 disappointment in this hotel was the fact they did not have a free shuttle to Disney. I left Disney out this time because of that. The hotel was looking $17 per person return which is $102 each if you want to do the 6 parks. Avoid the black taxis outside the hotel they are overpriced and do not use a meter!
The other disappointment was that the free shuttle to Universal Studios this hotel was the last stop so it was always crowded and we never got a seat.
There is an I-ride trolly stop outside the hotel which is handy so you can get to Seaworld and Aquatica for $1.25 each way.

On our last night I was shocked to find a massive cockroach in the room which scared the crap out of me. Not jumping to the conclusion the hotel was dirty I called reception and they came up straight away to kill it which I was pleased about.

I would stay here again if I didn't intend on going to Disney or I had a car. It has plenty of facilities. TGI Fridays, Walgreens supermarket and a crazy golf course are right across the street and also Wonderworks. You'll be spoilt for choice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple