“Still room for improvement”

Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive
Ranked #213 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Still room for improvement”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at the hotel because of a convention that was occurring on the property, this is probably my 7th time staying here for the event. Each time in the past there has always been an issue that makes me dread going back, but I return to support the event. This was my first time back after the renovation and I did not have high hopes. The construction around the property can be a little confusing to navigate, but you can't hold them at fault for that. We arrived early afternoon and didn't have to wait long for check in. The counter staff was very polite and obliged me when I asked for 4 room keys. We managed to get a room in building 7 which was the perfect location for being close to both the pool and the convention center.

I will say that upon inspecting the room we did find a baby roach in one of the dresser drawers and underneath the coffee machine. We did mange to find a sock under one of the beds as well as a pair of gym shorts next to the safe. Both of which were old and covered in dust. The bedding was clean and comfortable a the addition of a bean bag chair to the room was a nice touch. The floor itself always felt like there was a thin layer of dirt on it, if you didn't have socks or shoes on it just felt gross. This was definitely a deal breaker for a lot of us as this has been a problem on past stays as well.

The breakfast at the pool side bar was also a nice surprise and we really enjoyed it Friday morning. We went back on Saturday and were completely ignored by the wait staff and we sat there watching as other tables who sat down after us were attended to first. After 20 minutes we just deiced to leave, I felt that we shouldn't have to flag down staff to be acknowledged.

The changes to the convention center were very nice and I thought it was a good upgrade. There was ice water all around the lobby and the convention area and they were always filled and had plenty of cups.

All and all it was a better stay than in the past, but I would not stay here if I were on vacation and not attending an event.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room in building 7 if you are attending an even in the convention center
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ann Marie S
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Ann Marie S,

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a detailed review about your most recent visit. It’s great to know you found our service, meeting facilities, and amenities improved since your last stay, but it sounds like there’s still room for improvement.

We have notified our housekeeping and restaurant staff about your experience, and will be taking steps to ensure these missteps are not repeated. A lack of cleanliness is unacceptable, and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. If you would like to speak further please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to serving you again next time your event comes to the resort, and raising the overall level of quality from check-in to checkout.

Rich Larkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Fantastic resort for lesiure and also business! All guest rooms were rennovated, spacious and comfortable. Good housekeeping. Friendly and helpful staff. Huge convention center with great meeting facilities and support. Nice coffee breaks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BarbChang
Dear BarbChang,

Thanks for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. We agree with you that our hotel is a fantastic place for business or leisure, and we hope you’ll to choose to stay with again next time you’re in Orlando.

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at this location and loved it
the pool area is fantastic for those in need of sunshine, The meetings I sttended were staffed properly and the food was fantastic.

My room have a walk out which was nice in the morning to enjoy coffee time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear pagrif,

We appreciate the kind words about your recent business trip. We are happy to hear your entire stay was memorable, from poolside lounging to seamless, efficient meetings. Whether for business or for leisure, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Customer service EXCELLENT, housekeeping A+ (Dorothy). Food is good! Sprawling resort fully updated and well maintained. Staff wants your instant satisfaction.

Make sure you sign up for the rewards program -- if you do, the WiFi is FREE

I am a "Double Diamond" at a competing chain .. no more, I am coming here from now on. Although parking may be a little tight if there is a convention in town, there is amply parking at the large lot next door.

There is a $15/day resort fee, so just make sure you fully understand the rates when you sign up.

I spend over 100 days a year on the road, and this will be my new Orlando home.

Room Tip: Most rooms open direct to the outside. Some rooms open to an enclosed hallway (more secure). Reque...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Jim A,

We are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Wyndham Orlando Resort, and that you will be coming back to visit us again. It looks like you took advantage of our many amenities, and we congratulate your signing up for our rewards program, which is sure to pay dividends sooner than you expect. We are grateful for your business, and look forward to making your next visit with us even more special. Please contact us at 407-341-2420 or at wyndhamorlandoresort@wyndham.com and let us know when you’re coming.

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Typically I have had great experiences staying at Wyndham hotels... This time was different. Unfortunately we will not be back. Warning to all we booked thru Travelocity and were surprised at check in to occur a another fee of $18 for a resort fee. Our room was ok expect for the sandy sheets and lack of pillows. When we called the front desk they told us "don't expect us to be there in 10 minutes, it will be more like an hour" I had small children and it was late. I was told there was nothing I could do but wait. The room was also very humid which made for not a comfortable night sleep. The other strange thing was the bathroom door couldn't open all the way because it hit the toilet! The pool and resort amenities were very nice it was just the room accommodations I did not like.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Raible,

Though we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pool and resort amenities, we are very concerned with your comments about room maintenance and housekeeping issues. We take feedback like yours very seriously, and I will personally follow up with Housekeeping to make sure that these issues are resolved. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced; we know how difficult it is to travel with small children and typically do everything we possibly can to cater to families on vacation with little ones. I hope that you will give us a chance to earn back your trust. Please contact us directly at 407-341-2420 or at wyndhamorlandoresort@wyndham.com when planning your next trip to the area.