“Luxury by the lake”

Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
Ranked #119 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Orlando Airport Marriott Hotel is a beautiful retreat. A lot of stewardesses stay at this hotel in between flights, and it is a great place for business travelers. It offers everything one needs to relax and unwind – an indoor and outdoor pool, a fitness center, two restaurants, a coffee shop, and a bar. The lobby is decorated in rich earth tones, and intimate seating areas can be found throughout the hotel.

The rooms are spacious and the king-size bed is very comfortable. The lake in front of the hotel offers its guests, and other hotel patrons in the vicinity, a paved path to walk, run, or sit on a bench in harmony with the ducks. The outdoor pool and cabana in back of the hotel is also surrounded by a lake, which offers another level of peaceful relaxation.

The Orlando Airport Marriott Hotel rate is approximately $110.00 a night, and up. My husband was able to get us a fantastic deal – $50.00 per night – on priceline.com for the July 4th holiday weekend.

I protested about staying at this hotel because I like for our dollars to stretch; I enjoy free amenities like internet access in the room, parking, breakfast buffet, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. Upon arrival, my worries were quickly assuaged. In spite of the $15.00 a day parking fee, the $7.00 fee for WIFI accessibility (free in the lobby area), and $12.00 – $15.00 for breakfast, The Orlando Airport Marriott Hotel cradles its guests in two priceless amenities – luxury and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms were clean and beds and bedding very nice. The lobby and eating places seem updated. I only ate at the Cafe, it was good and reasonably priced. The workout room has been remodeled and is large and quite extensive, the only thing missing were bands and kettle balls. The pool is HUGE and one of those that is half in and half out, you can swim out. There was a nice tropical type area for sunbathing and having a cocktail. Overall the hotel is clean and safe and super convenient to the airport, the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. There are lots of eating choices within walking distance and if the weather is amenable a walking path around a small lake in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just okay. It is very old and run down. Not normal Marriott standards. Service was okay. We will probably stay somewhere else next time. There are visible mold issues in the hallways. The elevators are a bit scary and dingy. Rooms are nice and looks like they were updated not to long ago. They also need to hire someone to walk the halls and pick up trash and old room service trays. They sit out there way to long.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bbharrison78
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed in the hotel one night. Checkin was easy And the room was good. Luckily we stayed when there was a promo for free wifi. The room next to ours was very loud, people were shouting and fighting. We called the front desk and we were told that security would look into it, nothing changed. We called a second time and were offered a chance to change rooms. We didn't want to move our two sleeping kids so we stayed. At 130am we had had enough, and approached the front desk to move rooms, it was done quickly and efficiently. The breakfast buffet was great and the service was wonderful. The whole family had a great time in the pool.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We travel a lot so I used Starwood points to stay here for two nights. It was a very nice spacious room for a family of 4. The renovations did not bother my family at all. We were very comfortable and slept well. However, I was surprised we were not placed in a Starwood Preferred Guest room like we are usually in Starwood hotels, however since we used points, I didn't really care. I would definitely stay here again as it close to the airport, but quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon check-in the hotel ..needs a lot of updating! Although I continued my stay
The first night was really hot me an my kids were aggravated calld to get a/c fixed ..that didn't help so we requested fans which didn't help out either..this reallt pissed me off .so trying to log on to the internet ha ha u have to pay for it either way oh the first surprise was parking valet or self either way one is $14 per day self and $16 per day valet!!! So u had no option to park your own car for free!!!! No free internet ! At any rate why would u charge guest that are paying to stay at your hotel that sucks totally ..although i usually tip a valet person i didnt because they have collected $100 for parking and $100 for internet not including the stay per night! The reason was its a corporate hotel u know what who would have thought it was run down no vents in bathrooms hot tub and pool need serious 911 updating and the rooms do have a flat screen whooo hooo ...oh I only stayed here thinking and believing the front desk they r 15 minutes from park ummm no ther 30 an then there s toll charges like 3 when leaving and of course on the way back u have to pay again that's a dam shame!! So indeed if ur a tourist just stay in kissimmee or lake beauna vista close to all the parks oh an no free breakfast either! And u would think after collecting all that dam money per person they'd at least offer breakfast

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference at that location. The staff was helpful. The room was clean and tastefully furnished. However, there were too many sources of light: 1) The drapes did not fully close, and there was a spotlight outside our room; 2) the clock next to my bed had a bank of bright lights on top of it...I had to put a cloth over it; 3) when I shut off the TV, there were "dancing" lights showing upon the wall behind the screen; and 4) since there is a space between the bottom of the door and the floor, there was an additional source of light. The bed was very comfortable and I was very happy that I brought a sleep mask so I was able to sleep well, refreshed for the next day's sessions. Breakfast buffets were included in the conference cost and they were appreciated. The buffet lunch on the first day was very nice. On the second evening, we opted for a buffet dinner in the restaurant. The selection was pretty good. I had two cups of the delicious soup. However, because one of the food warmers was not working, the main item, tilapia, was cold. Although there were three of us at that table, we were pleased that the waiter charged for only two dinners because of that problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business