“Mediocre”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Mediocre”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Second time staying at this hotel as a Marriott Platinum. First stay was okay, except for the lounge that ran out of food in the evening and when asked, was told "that's all we have.". First lounge to ever tell me this.

Second time- Just checked out of room 619 and had a room that had a filthy toilet with a gray/blackish ring around the bowl. I didn't notice it because I checked in so late. The rest of the room was standard Marriott and was otherwise fine. The bathroom does not stock body wash- assuming this is only done for concierge floors.

The lounge breakfast was however pathetic. Dirty dishes everywhere on tables that had not been cleaned. They actually served the cheap powdered eggs you find at the Hampton inn- it was disgusting Only Marriott lounge I've ever seen this at. I definitely noticed the cost cutting with the food offerings here- its very evident they are cutting corners and whatever they can do to provide the minimum.

If you are looking for an average hotel, with low expectations, you'll be fine.

Had an upcoming reservation that I've cancelled and switched to a different Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mooji
Frances S, Room Operations Supervisor at Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I’m certainly appreciative of the feedback you have written for us; therefore, I would like you to know that your observations in our Concierge Lounge have already been addressed with associates in that department. We are constantly seeking to improve upon the Concierge Lounge and this area has actually become a focus for 2013. As a result of this focus, we have recently changed our department scheduling to include a Concierge Lounge Attendant and Assistant in both the morning and the evening.

As for your observations in your room, the oversight in the bathroom is not at all the Marriott standard, so please accept our apologies for this service failure.

Again, I do appreciate your feedback and hope you know that you have been heard. Thank you for being a Platinum Elite guest; I hope you decide stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here the night before we left Orlando. We wanted a hotel close to the airport and this location fit the bill. The room was clean, but as far as comfort the beds were just ok. The bed pillows were miniature...perfect for children, not so perfect for adults.

Our room had a water stain on the entire length of the wall near one of the beds and there were two spackled spots on the bathroom ceiling. To top off our stay, we got to take a shower and a bath since the bathtub drain was extremely slow draining. We did report the problem to the front desk upon our departure, but I'm not sure if the proble has been resolved or not. Beware of room 807 if you want to bathe! So much for being a Marriott Gold member!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingtrio2010
Thank you for staying at the Orlando Airport Marriott and submitting a review.

The observations you have made in room 807 are certainly not to be expected when staying at a Marriott, so I do sincerely apologize for the maintenance failure. We have reported this to our Engineering team in order to remedy this as quickly as possible.

All of our guests, whether Marriott Rewards members or not, are most humbly appreciated because you all make our work possible. Therefore, I do hope that you decide to stay with us again at our Hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night in late December and had both good and bad experiences. The property is very close to the airport and has a complementary shuttle if needed. At check in, friendly staff, but parking lot was completely full and had to park in a no parking area. The Concierge Lounge for breakfast was absolutely riduculous. It was supposed to be open until 9:30, but by 9:15, they were taking things up and had not cleared dirty dishes for quite some time. I mentioned it to the front desk at chekout, but got very little reaction.

However, I must also mention the good. My wife left her new earrings on the nightstand and we did not discover it until we were at seaworld later that morning. When we called, Ruth was extremely polite and immediately sent someone to check. We received a call back within a few minutes, first telling us they had not found them, but then another call 5 minutes later telling us that they had found them when they looked again. They graciously held them for two days and we picked them up on our way to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hokiechip
It is great that you had a chance to interact with a part of our Hotel that we consider the center of our operations: the At Your Service department (AYS), in which Ruth plays an integral role. I would like you to know that Ruth was awarded “Associate of the Year” during our Holiday Party because of the level of service she provides both her fellow associates and her guests; she is a beloved member of our Hotel and we truly appreciate her time and effort. We also pride ourselves on the teamwork it takes from each department involved in order to return lost items to our guests. AYS receives the inquiry, passes it on to Housekeeping, which then works with Loss Prevention to locate and log the item in our system. Everything from items like your jewelry, to passports or even stuffed animals, we handle with the utmost care.

I would like to take a moment to apologize for the parking situation during your stay; December was a busy month for us, but that should not have affected you. It is certainly not ideal to park in an area not designated for that purpose. On nights this busy, our parking service attendants make every effort to ensure guests’ cars are safe and secure, so I would encourage you to stay at our Hotel again soon; we have a lot to offer!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before going back home on an early flight next morning. I liked the hotel: nice and comptemporry lobby, roomy room with a beautiful view of the pond with a fountain. Bed and linen were standard Marriott: clean, inviting and confortable. The indoor/outdoor pool was big and great. Hotel provided makeup-removal, cotton ball and cure-tip. Not all Marriott hotels provide them. I didn't eat at hotel so I couldn't comment about it. The computer for boarding pass printing didn't work. A staff at front desk printed them for me after another staff informed me about the possibility. The negative items were: 1) 12$ per night for parking while other hotels' parking at the next block was all free. 2) Internet wasn't free. At today's age, lots of hotels offer free wifi. I stayed at Marriott at North Fort Lauderdale last week and the wifi connection was complimentary. Free Internet is an important factor for me to choose hotel. I purposely overlooked it this time because I was going home the next day and I had a very good room rate. Otherwise, I'd choose a different hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophie L
I am delighted you had a chance to stay at my Hotel! We do have a wonderful property here that has undergone some renovation recently and we are all striving to take our service to the next level. Regardless, I do understand that our parking and high speed internet access fees are a concern to some of our guests.

While other hotels do include parking in the room rate, our Hotel does not. Also, our parking fees are associated with security; the Loss Prevention department patrols the parking lots intermittently throughout the day and night, as well as keep 24-hour surveillance cameras.

Our hotel charges guests for Internet and Wi-Fi access in the rooms in order to pay both for the high-speed Internet access and maintenance on the equipment used to deliver it. We do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby so if you need to quickly check your email or a web site, that is an option. Also Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite guests do have complimentary internet and Wi-Fi access in their rooms.

Again, I am happy to have read your feedback and, despite all of your other options in the airport area, I sincerely hope you decide to stay with us again soon.
st Louis, MO
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight. What a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and gracious to our 5 grandchildren even going as far as inviting them to the company children's Christmas party on the Saturday morning that we were leaving. The children were able to enjoy the Christmas spirit and even sit on Santas lap. The rooms were luxurious and very comfortable. We ate in the bar, the food was great. Overall a wonderful experience. Would only stay there when passing through Orlando.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna C
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice hotel close to airport and restaurants. Lounge services and food are very poor. Website says hot breakfast and its only eggs or oatmeal the only hot items. Great staff but having to lay for parking is a ripoff as all other airport hotel partings are free. Carlos the engineer was helpful with a wifi that was not working.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DoctorEd711
Frances S, Rooms Operations Supervisor at Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
As always, we appreciate our guests' honest feedback, so thank you for taking the time to review the Orlando Airport Marriott.

Please accept my apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience in our Concierge Lounge; we continuously strive for excellence when it comes to our Lounge and hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

As for our parking services, unlike our airport hotel counterparts, we do not include self or valet parking in the room rate because most of our guests do not drive-in; only approximately 20% of our guests travel with a car. This perspective has led us to charge separately for parking. I can understand your feeling of being gouged for parking, however, we do provide a twenty-four hour secured lot which is patrolled intermittently throughout the day and night.

Again, I do hope that you stay with us again in the future and allow us to extend you the excellent level of service for which Marriott is very well-known. Please feel free to contact me directly - I will be happy to further discuss any questions or concerns that may linger.
Enterprise, Oregon
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was stuck in Orlando overnight due to a delayed flight and United Airlines put me up in this hotel. Overall the hotel wasn't bad, but I wouldn't choose to stay here again. When I arrived my toilet was clogged and one of the room phones didn't work. To top it off, free wifi in the rooms is something hotels like this need to be offering these days, and this one did not.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Brett M
Thank you for leaving us a review; I’m glad you had the chance to stay with us, but I want to apologize for the fact that not all amenities were in working order. I do hope that you contacted the Front Desk for assistance regarding your toilet and phone in the room. This is not typical for a room at this Hotel.

As for internet costs, we do charge for internet in the guest rooms in order to maintain the service and equipment used to provide it. Unlike this Hotel, other properties choose to include the cost in the rate. Internet in the lobby area is always an option for those who need to quickly check emails, and we also offer a 24-hour complimentary business center.

Again, thank you for your feedback; I hope that you choose to stay with us if your travels should bring you back into Orlando.