“Excellent airport location.....”

Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
Ranked #118 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2012

located bvery close to the airport with easy transportation to the airport on a regular basis. The re are several places to eat nearby most within walkin distance and the hotel has a restaraunt also.
The rooms are in good condition along with good layout for the ddesk with LOTS of desk space and a flat screen TV so you will have plenty of room to work.
The bed are very comfortable and the workout room was good.
the first room I was in was warm and never cold get the A/C to cool the room. I called for a maintenance guy but he never showed up so eventually I called again and they very quickly put me in another room, the A/C worked fine there.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone for location and comfort.

If you liked this pleasse make sure you mark helpful.
Thanks
Berny

Room Tip: Stay away from the end rooms it seems like they are the ones that don't cool well. Also some roo...
1  Thank BaronFoer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here on business last night, and was very pleased with this hotel. It's very close to the airport, so it was über convenient for an early morning flight. Checkin was friendly and efficient. My room was great - very quiet, and great water pressure in the shower. The A/C worked well also - it was quiet, and never disturbed me in the middle of the might The elevators also were quick - I never had to wait for one even though I was on the 6th floor. Checkout was easy and friendly, too. The representative offered me fresh coffee as I left, which was a welcome suggestion. Overall, a great choice for a business traveler.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Marriott Orlando Airport. My flight did not land until 11:15 PM. After arriving I went to the designated area and the shuttle arrived within 5 minutes. After the shuttle was loaded we then went to the other terminal where we picked up additional passengers then straight to the hotel. The check in process was quick, easy and efficient. My room was very spacious and comfortable. The following morning I went to the concierge lounge had breakfast then departed. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. I definately plan to stay at this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here with a friend before leaving on a Disney cruise.
The rooms were spotless and extremely quiet considering the location.
The shuttle drivers were nice enough to drive us to a local restaurant & back.
The front desk staff were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here night before Disney cruise. The hotel sent a shuttle to the airport and also provided one to take us to dinner and back. Rooms were comfortable and quiet for being so close to the airpport.

1  Thank TheresaAC
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice property, very friendly staff, close walking distance to restaurants. Bathrooms were a little small, however, the room was very nice, clean and the beds were comfortable. Despite being close to the airport, we never heard the noise in our room. Nice workout facility and pool area. Beware, the drinks by the pool are a little pricey. Asked bartender to make me a sweet, tropical drink and ended up with a $10 concoction (+tip). While waiting for our cruise transportation, bell staff was very helpful. Made sure we got on the correct shuttle and were even given a complementary bottle of water for our ride to the cruise port (didn't ask for or expect a tip for going out of his way). Overall, an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We bid on Priceline for a hotel near the aiport and ended up with this Marriott. It's located a short drive from Orlando International (5-10 minutes) in a business complex of other hotels and restaurants.

At check-in, I was informed that he switched my room to a 'much better, closer location" in the hotel. Unfortunately, our room was right across from the elevator and on the same floor as a number of guests from a wedding reception. I'm a heavy sleeper and felt like I was woken up at least once an hour up to about 3 AM, due to noise from the elevator and guests walking by. I even tried placing a towel at the bottom of the door to help block out the noise. I also found the bed and pillows to be a bit uncomfortable.

On the bright side, I loved their gym. They had about 5 treadmills and 5 ellipticals, along with a bowflex type machine and free weights. The treadmills were modern and in good condition, and the chilled towels were a nice touch.

The free wi-fi in our room (on 7th floor) worked fine, but there's a $14.99 charge for internet.

We had an early flight the next morning, and the shuttles were running every 15 minutes at that time. The driver was really personable, and we left our car in the Marriott's self-parking lot during our week's vacation out of the country. On the return, we called the Marriott to arrange shuttle pick-up and were told it would be about 10 minutes. It ended up being about 25 minutes.

I'd be okay staying here again when we fly out of Orlando, but I preferred the Hyatt which is actually in the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators if noise is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple