“Nice, Clean Hotel By Airport”

Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
Ranked #121 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City
“Nice, Clean Hotel By Airport”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Check-in: We requested adjoining rooms in advance and we were told we would have them. (We had two rooms, one for us and one for the kids.) When we arrived and we were checking in I asked to confirm that our rooms were adjoining. The two people serving us said they ‘saw the note on the account’. They gave us our keys and I thanked them specifically for making the adjoining rooms happen, they both said ‘you are welcome’. When we got to our rooms, they were NOT adjoined rooms. I called back down to the front desk and asked why and they said that they were not able to make that happen, but they did get us rooms next door. Anyway, it was a poor check-in experience mostly because they were not up front with us.

Room: The room was not impressive but they were clean and the bed was comfortable. Very ‘normal’ in everyway with nothing to like or dislike really.

Fineness Center was nicer than most standard hotels. Plenty of cardio equipment with a few weights.

Nice/ Large indoor/ outdoor pool. We really enjoyed it.

Coffee Shop is a highlight. Great service and love their bean… it is greatness.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I arrived early to my hotel on a business trip. I did not expect the room to be ready, but it was. I asked for a refrigerator, and they had the staff person go up immediately and installed one. Very friendly staff. They get you to the airport quickly with no fuss. The food in the restaurants was excellent, especially the breakfast. Fast, hot food, clean hotel, nice bedding...you couldn't ask for more.

If in this area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CUBUFF93
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We won this hotel on priceline and were not happy. You can pay much less around the airport for a brand new property. I would not pay the rack rate for this hotel. Breakfast is not included, nor do they have a coffee maker in the room. Instead, you must go to the hotel coffee shop (Starbucks prices for average coffee). They also charge you $12 to self park. The location is not within walking distance of anything.
The rooms are decent size but had a grungy feel. The pool is a combo indoor/outdoor with a small passage way allowing you to swim between.
They did provide USA Today and allow you to print your boarding pass on their computer.
We had no problem with check in. The airport shuttle was adequate. The place looked like it was mostly filled with airline flight crews.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CUBUFF93
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2011

stayed one night - very last minute. I bid for a 3-star hotel on Priceline - Marriott Airport picked up the upgrade -- I bid $55 !! I lucked out. The staff at check-in were great - very helpful in answering questions. The room was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom clean - very nice. Pool was nice, decent fitness center. I'd stay here again !!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
CT
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I booked a hotel through Priceline and was asigned this hotel. It just might have been the nicest place I have ever stayed for my one night in town to catch an early flight out the next morning .

My payment through Priceline included all hotel coats..EXCEPT...without warning I was assessed a $12.89 for parking my rental car on the premises. There was nothing mentioned about this to me ..evern after I checked in. You have to punch for a ticket like a public parking lot...just to get onto the property. They ought to have a way to waiver the fee once you have prved you are a guest here. I thought it was a classless act for such an otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We like this hotel when flying out of Orlando International. Comfortable hotel with good service and if we have an early flight we stay overnight. If not, we use it for off airport parking at about half the cost of the Orlando airport parking which charges $10.00 a day for the parking areas away from the terminals. If you are staying at the Marriot ask them about their "stay and park rates." Some times you can get a better deal.

The Marriot has long term parking whether you stay at the hotel or not. It is the least expensive in the area although others may look cheaper be real careful, they don't add a "transfer shuttle charge" or similar hidden fee when they take you to the airport. I did the research and this was the cheapest and closest to the airport where my car is secure and I get good service. From 5 to 9 am the Marriot offers shuttle service every 15 minutes after 9 am it is every half hour.

Just pull up to the front of the building and tell the young man outside you have parking reservations. He will direct you to the parking lot gate where you will get the auto parking ticket and park. Hold on to it and when you return for your car give the young man the ticket and he will give you a swipe ticket that will raise the gate. Make sure you get the Marriott phone number to call for when you return to the airport so you can call and get the shuttle on the way to you. I never wait for them to just show up. They are real easy going here and don't quibble if you are a little early or a little late parking or picking up your car. The Marriot is right off the B-line on HWY 436 and about a mile from the Airport terminal. Can't miss it.

Now I noted as others have that they are getting a little sloppy about shuttle pick-up times even when you call them from the airport so I will be parking this week and will let you know if it was just a fluke they took them so long to pick us up last month or if the service is actually failing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank marci477
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Not a bad airport hotel. Rooms are ok but overall it seemed a little old.

• Stayed September 2011