The Floridian Hotel and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,293 results
All reviewsinternational driveapples and orangesbudget hoteluniversal studiosbreakfast areafree breakfastmake your own wafflesdo not disturb signspacious roommajor attractionsfree shuttlefresh towelsshuttle serviceparksmicrowavehboidrive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Friendly staff and great location. If you need, they can talk with you in portuguese and spanish ( most of them ).
Very clean and spacious room... I didn't use the pool area, but was quiet and clean...
The room I was in was near the fire escape what has become hard to have a peaceful night's sleep. Next time, I want to get a room away ...
The only thing that I could complain was the breakfast... It was really different then the pictures that they have at website...no fruits, no donuts and no muffins... And it's kind hard to reach your breakfast because it so crowd...but, you can pick up whatever you want and eat in your room...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Because I am a travel writer, I do try to stay at different hotels on each trip I take. I wish this was not the case on this trip. I do read the reviews and try to take everything in stride, but in areas like Orlando where there are just simply so many good hotels and great prices, it amazes me to find places like this.

When we arrived by car, the fist thing I noticed is that there was no clear entrance as the "lobby". 4 doors, 2 on each end that are locked and two in the middle, one close to the garbage area so I went to the other side. With no signage, i guessed right.

The room was okay but when I sat on the bed, I could hear the springs creaking. They are the low thin mattresses that are just not made for use in a hotel. So, not a great sleep.

In the bath, you could see a dark ring around the tub. It seemed to be ground in to the fibreglass dulled finish so I doubt they could make it too much better. Just needs to be replaced along with the beds.

the TV was mounted above the closet. I can somewhat understand this for the older large TV's as the room was small and the space was utilized to give more counter space. But this was a flat screen and it was still stuck way up there and you were really looking "up" as I tried to work from the desk and watch. There was no reason not to relocate this when they installed flat screens so it was more at eye level and the HDMI cable would have been accessible so I could have watched my shows from my computer.

I went to the included breakfast and I discovered it starts an hour late on the weekends. Not great for us who still have a plane to catch. I made a waffle and chucked it as it was not cooked and ram the machine dry cycle to really preheat it and tried again.

the waffle mix is not something that I think contains real flour. I was just ... bad. If you ever tried a waffle from someone on a low carb diet, that is what this was like. I looked okay, but really was not real.

The staff was okay, nothing to speak of good or bad. the fellow at the sales desk was more helpful then anyone else.

My recommendation is stay elsewhere. With the choices, I will not be back.

If you find this helpful, please give me a vote to let me know. Thanks.

Room Tip: go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank SteveEasternCanada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked the Junior Suite for 5 nights; but it is not really a suite. The front desk clerk gave me the wrong room so I had to go downstairs and inform the clerk that I booked the Junior Suite (it has a kitchenette). My 1st room smelled and the tub did not drain. So therefore, the next day I was switched to a nicer room that did not smell. The carpet is stained in the hallways and both rooms, the switch and lights covers were filthy, paint was chipping & the hallway has potholes (walk in the middle of the hallway to miss the dips). The bed/mattress was hard and you get a thin cover; I guess to keep from turning on the a/c. Breakfast was waffles, toasts, and juice. I spoke with the person at the front desk and was informed that they do not offer hot cereal, pastries, and fruit. I informed them that their site advertised and showed nice pictures of the continential breakfast. Also, I informed the staff that it was costing me extra money to go out and eat a decent breakfast. So therefore, the staff did return my resort fee which is a joke because it looks like the hotel is in a plaza.

Room Tip: The junior suites has a kitchenette; but the microwave was dirty.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very clean, spacious room. Friendly staff and great location. Quiet area yet close to all the action on International Drive. Free shuttle right to Universal Studio gate. Pool area was quiet and relaxing after a hot day at the park.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed two nights at the Floridian, hotel is clean and adequate, wifi is week and unpredictable. The staff were polite and very helpful. We stayed at this hotel a few years earlier when it was a Fairfield by Marriot Hotel. Since then it has been altered, a lot more rooms added and the breakfast area reduced to a small area. Free continental breakfast is advertised. In reality we went for breakfast the queue was very long all the seating was taken, the chance of getting a breakfast was slim. We and a few others stopped queuing and went else where. We won't be staying there again. It would be ok as a stop over if travelling but not really for a holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel has two floors we stayed on the ground floor noise travels, so you may have better luck an the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family