The Floridian Hotel and Suites
$148
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$172
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Hotels.com
1,303 results
All reviewsinternational driveapples and orangesbudget hoteluniversal studiosbreakfast areafree breakfastmake your own wafflesdo not disturb signspacious roommajor attractionsfree shuttlefresh towelsshuttle serviceparksmicrowavehboidrive
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect with this hotel, but it exceeded expectations. The hotel can be a little hard to find originally, especially if driving on Sand Lake, as the sign for Canada Ave., is really small. I suggest going on International or Universal, as both roads will help you get toward Canada once you connect with the crossing road which is Carrier I believe. Room was decent sized, had all basic amenities. Also, pretty quiet and staff did a good job helping with anything that came up. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the higher floors and in the corner to avoid extra noise near elevator, as there is only one in the place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BK1983
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello BK 1983!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; I will pass on them on to our team. Comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try a little harder to please all of our guests that stay here.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service when you are ready to book your next reservation.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I really like my stay the this hotel, the room where clean, bathroom always which is really important. The like the staff too, the lady was really nice, and when I need a extra things she would handle to me with a smile, which I like Because I knew I wasn't a bother. The only thing I would complain was the shuttle. I hate to complain because it is free but I didn't like that the driver left without even waiting at least a few more minutes. I was told he would pick up at 7:15, which I thought he would wait a few more minutes but when I got their at 7:17. The driver was already gone, so when I called the hotel, they informed me the driver comes ten minutes before and that leaves at exactly at 7:15. Which I didn't know. So pretty much I was strand at universal. And had no extra cash for a taxi, thank goddess my family had their own vehicle to pick me up, so please staff informed your guests this when they ask more info bout the shuttle. Thanks. But overall the hotel was good.

• Stayed: July 2013

Greeting Perla M:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I will pass on to our Housekeeping Department how happy you were with the cleanliness of your room. Comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try a little harder to please all of our guests that stay here.

We are sorry for the confusion over the shuttle service, and we do try to make sure the guest are informed about the time either at check in or by the notice that is posted on top of the front desk.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being your place to stay if you ever return to Orlando. Please feel free to contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Floridian Hotel for 1 night on July 4th and we had a good experience at this hotel even if it's just for one night. Initially, there was a confusion with our reservation. As soon as we arrived, Jadder ? (the hotel manager) informed me that I reserved 5 rooms. I told him that there's only 4 in our family and it's impossible that I will reserve 5 rooms. I told him that when I was making reservations online that the hotel's website was acting up. Jadder was so helpful and he straightened everything out. Thank you Jadder for not charging me for all those rooms! The room was perfect for us and my daughter loved the bay window seat in the room. She even opted to sleep there! The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel! Before I forget, if you need theme park tickets, go talk to Jason (??? I for got his name) in the lobby. He'll hook you up with theme park tickets at good prices. Way better than the tickets we got from the Air force Base Commissary.

Room Tip: Excellent location! Near everything!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnRN72

Hello AnnRN72!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your short one night stay with us, and we will share your comments with our staff!

Positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff such as Jadder to try harder to please all of our guests that stay here at our hotel. Jadder indeed is a wonderful team player and truly understands customer service and I am glad he resolved the issue with your reservation.

Please contact us directly if your travels ever return you to the Orlando area, as it would be our pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here in April for 9 nights and was really surprised, was slightly hesitant after the reading the negative reviews but this place was great. Great location and easy for anyone that is a first time driver in Orlando, close to the I4 and sand lake road/I drive. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance if you haven't got a car. The hotel did provide a shuttle service to the parks (but didn't use this service) The pool area seemed small but if your just using the hotel as a base this is your place to stay. The buffet breakfast area did seem busy and didn't use this either. McDonalds and I Hop/Dennys are close and would prefer to go to breakfast there anyway.

The rooms were slightly dated but don't let this put you off, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Greetings jetsetter2727:

We are so happy you enjoyed your holiday here at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We will share your comments with our staff and they will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Id go for cheap and cheerful with this hotel. Yes our room wasn't to the highest standard of cleanliness, in regards to marks on the walls etc, but it really wasn't a big deal, they would have moved us if we asked as we did inquire about this. At the end of the day going to Florida and being so close to international drive, you really aren't going to be in your hotel much, the housekeeping was done each day, the members of staff were all very friendly and helpful. There is a safe behind desk also. The pool again was cheap and cheerful, was of course clean, kind of small, but descent for having a dip. The buffet was very busy so get there as early as possible, there isn't much seating but you can take food back to your room if you prefer or sit outside. Overall for me and my partner we loved it all, hotel included and Ive been 3 times before, if you want convenience, cheap and a cheerful hotel, its great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello inunreality:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we will share it with our staff. They will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. Positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try a little harder to please all of our guests that stay here.

I see that you were here in August of 2012 and you will be happy to know improvements have been made in our location as all of our rooms have had the bedding replaced, an upgrade has been made to our landscaping, our third upgrade to the wifi now includes more users, the parking lot has been resealed, the building has been painted, the pool deck has been resurfaced and an ADA pool lift has been installed. The lobby was renovated and all breakfast furniture was replaced and the seating area expanded, we added 32 inch televisions, microwaves and mini-fridges to all guest rooms. The pool furniture was replaced with 12 lounge chairs and 6 bistro tables and 18 chairs.

We look forward to having you return to our hotel should ever return to the Orlando area for business or leisure. Please contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service.