I didnt expect much from a 2 star hotel, but what I did expect was a safe, clean and basic modernised room, none of which were achieved unfortunately.
We asked to move from the first room because it was a groudfloor room and the latch on the window was broken, it smellt strongly of damp and it sounded as if somebody was being murdered in the next room.
The hotel corridors and rooms are damp and musky smelling and the furniture and decor are well used and in desperate need of a basic modernising. The plug sockets in the room were exteremely loose and one even sparked when I put an appliance in it. The coffee maker in the room, which you had to use to boil water took half an hour. I had to phone reception from the room on the first night to ask about hot water because I thought our so called kettle (1970s coffee machine) wasnt working and when I had tried to get to reception downstairs the lift had been switched off and had to be apparently had to be reset from reception, after this our phone in the room was cut off for the duration of our stay.The hotel was supposed to have been renovated, the only thing that was new in the room was a mattress. The outside of the hotel had been painted along with the car park. I would highly recommed that this hotel focused on the inside of the hotel as a priority over the outside.
As for the location, it was near to Universal Studios but not any good for Disney, when using public transport, as i wouldnt reccommend driving in Orlando and that is speaking from an experienced driver.
I would deffinatley not recommend this hotel and wish I had listened to all the good reviews that have been put up about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is conveniently located one block east of International Drive just minutes from Universal Studios, Sea World, Walt Disney World, Pirates Dinner Adventure, and many other area attractions. We are a 129 room, interior corridor hotel, and our standard rooms feature two queen beds. We also offer our Junior Suites with a two queen sized beds separated by a kitchenette. We are located within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Orlando and the I-Ride Trolley. Our hotel offers a Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. Relax in our lobby with a Complimentary Cup of Coffee available 24 hours a day. We also have an outdoor swimming pool and a lobby computer for your enjoyment. Our friendly and helpful staff will welcome you and assure that you and your family have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Floridian Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn International Drive
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Orlando Baymont Inn