“Lovely stay”

The Floridian Hotel and Suites
Ranked #211 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice this year, most recently for 14 nights at the end of August.

I was extremely happy with the hotel during both my stays. Every area of the hotel that I visited, from reception, to the pool, to my room, was clean and well-kept and the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate for our needs.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, in particular Jadder on the front desk who was extremely helpful in assisting us when another guest opened their car door into our hire car and caused a huge dent. Jadder was a great help and made sure that the situation was sorted as quickly as possible and was extremely reassuring in what would otherwise have been a very stressful situation!

The hotel is in an excellent location, close enough to walk to the many bars and restaurants on International Drive as well as walking distance to Walgreens for provisions. It was also close to Universal Studios and near to the I4 for Disney. At the same time it was far enough back from the busier areas that noise was not a problem.

I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Orlando over the years and have to say that this is one of the best I have experienced. I will certainly be staying here again on my next trip to Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our staff.

We really appreciate when a guest takes the time to pass on compliments about our hotel and appreciate your kind comments about "Jadder". He indeed is a fine young man and truly gets customer service. We value having him on our team.

We truly appreciate your past business and look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a good stay here.Much better than expected.Paid very good price from expedia.They only have one computer.Breakfast was fine.Near lots of things to do.Only shuttle to universal.Used taxi a bit.Pool was clean.Every one was very pleasant and helpful.Do not care for buying theme tickets as to get low price have time share to see never did.I would go here again if going to universal or parks near by.Had a good stay and every thing clean and nice room .4 dollar a day charge but ok.

Room Tip: Took what they gave use but there is suites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience and we will share your experience with our team members to let them know how happy you were with your stay with us.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are ever back in the Orlando area, you would consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for 11 nights at the end of August with my husband. Positives of the hotel:
- location - 2 min walk to international drive & the iTrollet stops, range of different priced restaurants, 10 min walk to Wet n Wild, just off Sand Lake which leads straight to Interstates etc.
- Friendly and helpful staff on reception & the cleaners especially
- low price for the rooms (from the UK we paid £800 each for flights and hotel for 11 nights with Expedia)
- free car parking right outside the hotel so felt secure & had to problems.
- rooms cleaned every day & towels changed
- room had two queen beds in it which were roomy and comfy (& I am a fussy sleeper)

Areas to develop:
This is not a dump as previous reviews have stated but it is what I would describe as a budget hotel. If you have paid allot to stay here you will be disappointed. As we hadnt I wasnt too disappointed - in fact it didnt seem as bad as what some reviewers had said. The hotel is slightly outdated and we did find it noisey at night but only if there was guests in the room next door (as the walls are paper thin) but we only had that for 4 of the nights. There are a few things I think they could improve that would make the hotel so much better.
1) Replace the towels as they were very small ( & I am a petite person) and they did seem quite outdated in colour - despite being cleaned every day
2) Put safety deposit boxes in the rooms
3) Clean the pool so there isnt leaves etc floating in it, buy some new chairs and tables as it didnt seem very appealing to go in or sit around despite being a nice size.
4) the free breakfast is quite small but the area where it is held is very small. This wasnt too much of a problem for us as we often ate out and when we did sample the breakfast we took it back up to our rooms.
5) some of the bedding felt slightly worn e.g. had "bobbles" on it, but in the other bed it didnt.
6) air con is VERY noisey and got too cold if left on for a long time. Luckily we took ear plugs so the sound wasnt too bad and we slept quite well.

I would stay in this hotel again if I wanted to travel to Orlando on a budget. Otherwise I would rather pay slightly more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Turn right out of the hotel and walk towards Wet n Wild and visit Chillis restaurant - great food an...
1  Thank ManchesterChuffer

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. Thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our team!

We do apologize for the issue with the air conditioner; maintenance will address this concern and it will not be a reoccurring problem. Terry & linens are in the process of being ordered, as we continually replenish our supplies. We do have a limited amount of safety deposits boxes located behind the front desk for guest use on a first come first serve basis. This fall we are planning to replace all hotel bedding, the pool and breakfast area furniture as we continue to upgrade our property. We use a very reputable swimming pool company to service the swimming pool here at the hotel, and we have brought your concerns to their attention regarding the pool.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

thankfully we only stayed here one night. The room smelt damp and felt damp, the tv remote didnt work, there was a light bulb not working, the decor in the bathroom was in desperate need of an overhaul. If we were staying here longer we ould have asked for a room change or our money back. We stayed here in 2009 when it was a different company. The location of it was what made us book again when we needed an overnight stay but we were left disappointed. There was also hair on the bathroom floor (long and dark mine is short and red and my partners is short and 'salt and peppered'. we didnt bother complaining as we were only here for one night. definitely would not use again.

Room Tip: location is good as you can easily walk to International Drive
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. We apologize that you had a disappointing experience here at our hotel, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We value you as a guest, and we want you to know that we will address a guest concerns.

We were very disappointed to read about your experience with the level of cleanliness in your room. We have followed up with our housekeeping and maintenance teams concerning the issues you mentioned to make sure that they are properly addressed.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and to renew your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed for 10 days in August, and were overall very pleased. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. The bed was comfortable except for the pillows, which were too thin and hard. The breakfast had many options to choose from, but we took it back to our room each morning because the few tables were always crowded. The pool was slightly small but usually had no one there. The shuttle to Universal was very convenient and easy. The hotel is in a great location, with lots of restaurants nearby. The only transportation we used besides the taxi to and from the airport was the I-ride trolley, which was $10 for a 7 day pass. The nearest trolley stop was only a 5-10 minute walk.The room was very quiet, the only noise we heard was what sounded like kids running upstairs, but we couldn't hear anything from the rooms on either side of us. We would stay there again!

4  Thank 141Lisa
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. Thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our staff. Positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try harder to please all of our guests that stay here at our hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My stay at the Floridian was pleasant my room was cleaned and my bed was made every morning i had fresh towels everyday the pool was very clean and it was very conveniently close to the parks and restaurants the only complain I have is that every morning I went to get breakfast theee was one staff worker who would come to refill the milks and juices and was always mumbling a sarcastic remark in Spanish and In English it made me very uncomfortable enough to make me look into the Marriott residence inn or the quality inn for my next visit to Orlando

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marilyn C
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our staff.

We do apologize for the issue with our breakfast attendant; this issued has been addressed with her personally and will not be a reoccurring problem. We value you as a guest, and we want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. We appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are ever back in the Orlando area, you would consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@thefloridianhotel.com as it would be my pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived late and left early so had little chance to sample the hotel in much detail but for the price - We paid only £40.00 for a family size room - I thought this met all our requirements. The 3rd floor room was dated but clean, towels & toiletries, microwave, and fridge that did not work but there was an ice maker in the hall. breakfast was included which was a "continental" style offering which again was more than we expected as other hotels were just room only. Free wifi and a lobby work station with printer which helped us print off our theme park tickets. Reception was very helpful! I called for directions before we arrived and they also helped with directions to Universal Studios which is only 5mins drive away. I-Drive is only a 5min walk although you would have to drive to the busier area. The hotel had a small pool but did not have time to try out. Not the place for a long stay but great to rest your head for a night or two

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brightonian

Dear Valued Guest:

We do apologize for the issue with the refrigerator; this issued has been address and will not be a reoccurring problem. We appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.