“Great for a short stay to rest between the theme parks!”

The Floridian Hotel and Suites
Ranked #215 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Brighton
“Great for a short stay to rest between the theme parks!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived late and left early so had little chance to sample the hotel in much detail but for the price - We paid only £40.00 for a family size room - I thought this met all our requirements. The 3rd floor room was dated but clean, towels & toiletries, microwave, and fridge that did not work but there was an ice maker in the hall. breakfast was included which was a "continental" style offering which again was more than we expected as other hotels were just room only. Free wifi and a lobby work station with printer which helped us print off our theme park tickets. Reception was very helpful! I called for directions before we arrived and they also helped with directions to Universal Studios which is only 5mins drive away. I-Drive is only a 5min walk although you would have to drive to the busier area. The hotel had a small pool but did not have time to try out. Not the place for a long stay but great to rest your head for a night or two

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brightonian
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience and we will share your experience with our team members to let them know how happy you were with your stay with us.

We do apologize for the issue with the refrigerator; this issued has been address and will not be a reoccurring problem. We appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have to forewarn my fellow travelers about this hotel that I am staying in as we speak. I usually wait until I get home to do a write up on a hotel but I'm just shocked at what u see here. I must say that I rely heavily on the reviews that I read on this site before booking any room I stay in, and that's why I'm shocked about this hotel because all I've read we're wonderful reviews about this hotel is the reason here in the first place. This place is a dump! First let me just say that I have never stayed in a hotel like this before in my 20 years of coming to Orlando. Wow thus place somehow have slipped thru the cracks somehow or maybe I was purposely put in the most crappiest room they got! Anyways as I walked into my room with my 3 children we all stood there in disbelief looking at a room that had a musky odor, filthy and I mean filthy carpet that my children didn't even want to take their shoes off to even get in the bed. The bed was so hard it felt like I was laying on concrete. The pillows were so flat and as I inspected the beds prior to us getting into them, there were stains on the side of the box spring. Yuke! I immediately went to the front desk requesting for a room change because mainly of the mildew smell in the room and the guy at the desk Smiled at me and said, I'm sorry but we have no more rooms available, we're sold out, sorry. Oh and he also said , yeah it's on the first floor so thst's why it's musky. Like whatever I didn't pay my money to sleep in conditions that's going to make me sick. Well I didn't really want to argue with the fellow as it was really late. I figure I'll make my complaints thru tripadvisor where it really counts. Oh snd I fail to mention how the tv was old and outdated and was out in top of the closet instead of a tv stand. (Lol) I have never seen such a ghetto hotel in the heart of Orlando. I'm still in shock! Anyways for those of you who commented that their rooms were nice and clean, wow! Well what happened to my room? Smh (shaking my head)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank RonforDon
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, we just got your review today regarding your recent stay. We apologize that you had a disappointing experience here at our hotel, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would have gladly moved you to another room if the hotel had not been fully booked on the day you stayed. We value you as a guest, and we want you to know that your concerns are our concerns.

We were very disappointed to read about your experience with the level of cleanliness in your room. We have followed up with our housekeeping team concerning the issues you mentioned to make sure that they are properly addressed. Pillows are in the process of being ordered, as we continually replenish our supplies. We will also make our ownership aware of your comments regarding a renovation.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and to renew your confidence in our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Prescot, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had no problems whatsoever with this hotel, check in/out was very quick. Room was clean with new bedsheets/towels daily etc.

It is not the most modern of hotels but suited our purpose adequately which was just a place to rest after days out at the theme parks and such.

Did not sample the breakfast as ate out everyday or the swimming pool so cannot comment on these.

Hotel is very conveniently located just off International drive and near I-4, in range of plenty of restaurants, a Wal Mart and about 5-10 minutes from Universal Studios by car.

Overall it is was a clean, maintained hotel, we had no major problems but just dont expect the best of quality as this is a budget hotel. We would return here in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jordan C
, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you return to our hotel should your travels return you to this area for business or leisure. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arrived: Friday, June 15th, 2012
1) They claimed they didn't have the suite (style) I had reserved. Then they "found" one and when my wife and I walked into that room, we were truly disgusted. The sofa looked like it was NEVER cleaned. The Seats for the small table had cigaret's stains and burns. We managed to have them put us on another room, which instead of a bed and a sofa, it had two double beds...
2) 7 out of 10 days, the refrigerator was broken (not working) - our milk got spoiled
3) We didn't have HOT WATER for 3 days (mornings only)
4) The swimming pool looked like they hadn't cleaned it in a year (literally) - you could see the stains around the pool area; I was able to remove the stain with my bare fingers... GROSS
5) Their computer system that was "available" for customers literally froze while I was trying to print a document about the Disney Rides (sort of like a guide)
6) They wouldn't change my children's bed sheets UNTIL my wife took them and put them in the tub (and wet them)

Room Tip: Don't pick this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Juan G
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we appreciate the feedback. We were very disappointed to read about your experience with the level of cleanliness in your room, and we apologize for this. We have followed up with our housekeeping team concerning the issues you mentioned to make sure that they are properly addressed. Our records do indicate that your sheets were changed once you removed the do not disturb sign from your guest room door. We honor this request from all guests, and we will not enter a room if the sign is up on your door.

Our logs indicated that the issue with the thermostat within you refrigerator was resolved by our maintenance department. I am sorry if it was not, but our logs never showed another concerned brought to our attention about the refrigerator. If it had been, we would have sent maintenance back to the room as soon as it was noted. If it was brought to our attention a second time, I apologize for the issue not being addressed, and maintenance has since gone back to recheck this issue.

We had written notices placed in all guest rooms, posted at the front desk in the lobby, at the elevator area and inside the elevators about the water heater being replaced in the hotel. We did the work as quickly as possible on the days the work was done, and we did offer to relocate guest to another hotel if this concern would be an issue for them. We are sorry if you failed to see these notices that were posted about the work being done over multiple days.

We use a very reputable swimming pool company to service the swimming pool here at the hotel, and we have brought your concerns to their attention regarding your comments about the pool area. We also use a reputable computer service company to service our computers here at the hotel, and we brought to their attention your concern about the lobby computer. We are confident these will not be reoccurring issues.

Toronto
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We just returned from a week's stay at the Floridian Hotel on Canada Ave. (we're Canadian:)
Upon arrival, the window was sealed shut and we asked the maintenance guy to open it. He discovered ants as a result of a previous lodger who'd put a wad of gum in the window frame. He quickly cleaned it up and vacuumed them all away and we proceeded to do our "arrival ritual."

As soon as we arrive in any hotel, the very first thing we do is inspect the bed for bedbugs. We lift the sheets and check the surrounding piping of the mattress and boxspring for the slightest dark spots. This bed was spotless!

We then spray the perimeters, closets, etc. with bug spray and put some fabric softener sheets around the room and go out to eat or explore the area for a couple of hours before returning to unpack. We've never had issues with bugs after doing this. (Only 2 times have we encountered a bedbug problem and both were in five star hotels!)

We had a small suite which included a counter with sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge, all of which worked! This enabled us to go shopping for prepared meals, milk, juice, water, cheese, cold cuts, buns, etc. at the Publix supermarket and save money by making several meals in the room. A table with 2 chairs, a padded window seat and a shelf along the wall easily accommodated our meals, dry goods, and many bits of technology we brought along.

The front desk people were delightful and very accommodating, responding to every request we made within minutes. There was only a sheet and very thin cover on the bed, leaving us cold from the air conditioner. We turned it off but the room quickly became too warm. We asked for a blanket at the front desk and were given one right away, albeit it was worn and had some small holes but was clean and it kept us warm!

Each day, we returned to a spotless room with many clean and decoratively displayed towels. Supplies were replenished and when something wasn't, the front desk happily provided it. We were without hot water for a day but notice was given that it was being repaired and an offer to relocate us to another hotel if this was an inconvenience was also made. We were out all day anyway, so it didn't matter to us.

The hotel stay included a limited continental breakfast each day in the lobby, but hey, it was a bonus and one would have to be petty to complain about this, considering the reasonable lodging rates.

The location was was no more than a 15 minute drive from all the theme parks we visited. Around the corner on International Drive, we found every imaginable type of restaurant.

How one reviews a hotel, certainly has a lot to do with one's standards and expectations. We are blessed to live in a first world country and doubly blessed to be able to afford to travel to another one. As long as nothing is "gross" or crawling, one's attitude will determine the star quality rating of a hotel stay.

In summary, we would definitely stay there again. The great price, service and location met all of our needs.

Room Tip: Our room was 327, close to the elevator and overlooking the back parking lot. Most noises came from...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TorontoLisaLee
, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
June 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. Thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our staff.

We do apologize for the issue with the water, but we worked as quickly as we could to resolve this issue over the days one of the water heaters was being replaced. Thank you for mentioning that we did post notices for all of our guest regarding this issue.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience, positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try harder to please all of our guests that stay here at our hotel. We look forward to having you return to our hotel should your travels return you to this area for business or leisure. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Got this hotel deal from Expedia. Great price for 7 day stay. The hotel is in great location about 15 minutes from everything you want to see and do in Orlando. We went to universal studios and this hotel provide free shuttle to the park everyday. Saves us parking fee at the park. The shuttle only took 10 minutes from the hotel. Only bad about this place is that it's old building and needs renovation. I would rate this hotel 2 to 3 star. The free breakfast was like being at a zoo. It was so crowded even to get a cup of coffee. So get there early if you want to feed your kids before the day. Overall it was good place to stay because of the low price. So if you don't mind older hotel. This is a value choice to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Greencop
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
June 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Floridian Hotel & Suites. Thank you for the positive comments and we will share them with our team!

At peak times the breakfast area is very busy but we encourage our guests do take their breakfast back to their rooms or go outside to the pool area during these busy peak times. The breakfast also opens at either 6 AM or 7 AM and during that non-peak time it is not as busy and encourage guest to take advantage of that. We will also make our ownership aware of your comments regarding a renovation.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are ever back in the Orlando area, you would consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.
Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose this hotel because it was inexpensive and in an area close to Universal Studios and Wet N' Wild. I was nervous because I read some mixed reviews about the property but our stay was EXCELLENT! The room was VERY clean and the housekeepers did a great job of straightening up every morning. As someone who typically avoids sleeping in hotel sheets and wears flip flops in hotel showers out of fear of germs, I felt very comfortable sleeping in the sheets, and using the bathroom facilities without footwear. We used the pool once and it was clean and a perfect temperature. Breakfast was a great addition and we were provided with toast, cereal, oatmeal, juice, some apples and oranges, pastries, and coffee. It was perfect to get us going in the morning. The hotel is located right off of International Drive and is close to SO many different attractions, restaurants, and shopping. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the area!

Room Tip: If you want to save some money on food during your stay, pay the extra $ and get a room with a fridg...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TBegin
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for your positive comments! Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be of service.