“Beautiful!”

Ranked #6 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed June 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Cypress Harbour with our 3 children for 6 nights before leaving on a Disney cruise. We did not want to visit any of the Disney parks or Sea World because the ages of our children are spaced so far apart, and we worried that there would be enough for them to do. They were more than occupied at the resort. From swimming, playing on the beach, paddle boating, playing at the life-sized chess set, playground and fountains, the kids never even asked for anything to do outside of the resort. Every night at 9 pm we had a perfect view of the fireworks show at Sea World from our balcony. The shopping is fantastic, too, with 2 great outlet malls and the Florida mall nearby. Our villa looked brand-new and was decorated beautifully with bold blues and yellows. The photos on the resort website do not do it justice. We enjoyed the full kitchen and laundry room, and with 3 televisions, everyone was happy. We highly recommend the Cypress Harbour!

• Stayed June 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Wayne NJ
Reviewed May 31, 2005

Stayed in a timeshare that was good, but not great. Location is excellent. Grounds are excellent. Pools are very nice. Our room was a bit dated. Sofa's needed to be changed. Carpeting was not very clean, hair on floor, not ours. We were on the third floor and had a nice view. I guess we were not in a newer model, but probably an older model. It is a big unit with plenty of space. The kitchen had basic mill cabinents, not all appliances worked. The toaster only toast on one side. No toaster oven. It does come with a full size washer and dryer that came in very handy. The second bathroom drain was clogged and would not drain. Overall it was above average but not excellent.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank tartman
Novi, MI
Reviewed April 30, 2005

We just returned from a wonderful visit at the Marriott Cypress Harbour. We visit Orlando every year. We are owners at the Marriott Grande Vista and have not stayed at Cypress Harbour in several years. This too, is truly a first class facility with all the amenities that families could ask for. My husband and I were traveling with 2 small children and 1 grandparent.

THE VILLAS:
Our newly updated villa had all the comforts of home, was beautifully furnished, and sparkling clean. The nicely equiped kitchen had granite countertops, honey oak colored cabinets and all the appliances and gadgets you need in a full service kitchen. The great room as I call it had a large dining room, desk area and huge living area with flat screen t.v. plenty of seating and an incredible panaramic view of the lake and fountains. Just off the side of the great room was a large screened in porch with it's own incredible view! My children loved playing out there and my mother-in-law must have spent hours out there relaxing and taking in the great view.

There was also a full-size laundry room with all the amenities. The 2 bedrooms and 2 baths were on opposite sides of the villa and provided great privacy. The master bedroom had a large jacuzzi tub and separate shower, and 2 sinks. The guest bedroom had it's own bath as well as a separate pull-out sofa. Both bedrooms also have televisions with remotes, 3 total inside villa.

Our villa served as the gathering spot for our other relatives and friends who were visiting Orlando with us. There was plenty of room to set out food and sit around and have a nice evening.

THE GROUNDS
This resort seemed to have unlimited options for entertaining! There was a full children playground which my small children loved! Shuffle Board, Basketball hoops, Tennis Courts, Video Games, Boat Rentals, Bike Rentals. There was also a large boat that held maybe 35 people or so that you could jump on and take a ride around the lake. There were even platforms where you could fish in the lake, which is full of Bass fish.

THE POOLS
Pools everywhere! And several pools situated throughout the grounds for everyone. There were hot tubs, kiddie wade pools, water features, even a beach where my children had a great time, playing in the sand making sand castles! Incredible!

THE ON-SITE AMENITIES
Pizza Hut, Starbucks Coffee, Deli, Store, Poolside Bar, Poolside Snack Bar.

THE LOCATION
Away from all the chinsy looking storefronts and fast food restaurants. The area is very pretty and upscale looking. Also, Right next to Sea World and Close to Everything Else! We had a 7 day park hopper and visited the Parks everyday, sometimes twice. The parks are 3-15 minutes away depending upon which you are visiting. Publix, Walgreens, is 3 minutes away as is the Premium Outlet Center.

SUMMARY
I'm sure I have not mentioned all of the fantatic amenites of this resort, but my family truly enjoyed our stay. This is just a great place to visit! Very quiet and serene place where you really feel special. The staff is friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed April 2005
34 Thank Andrea5
USA
Reviewed April 24, 2005

Name: Marriott's Cypress Harbour Resort (Vacation Club)
Rate: N/A (stayed using TimeShare)

Overall Rating: Excellent

Specific Ratings:

Scale: Excelent 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 Horroble

Check-In: 1 (Excellent)
Notes: Speedy Check-In, Friendly People, Children Were Entertained
while we checked in, definately a plus for us.

Cleanliness of Resort: 1 (Excellent)
Notes: Beautifully Landscaped, could not have done a better job
myself. Excellent Location, it is about 5 - 10 minutes from
everything. 3 Pools, Sauna, Hot Tob, Jaccuzi (Out & In Room).
Resort is a big circle with a nicely kept lake in the middle.

Cleanliness of Room(s): 1 (Excellent)
Notes: Cleanest Room In The World! Impecable condition, both times
we stayed at this resort (even going back for a 3rd in 3 days).
Carpet was so clean you could almost walk bare foot on it. :)

Check Out: 1 (Excellent)
Notes: Smooth Check Out.

Staff: 1 (Excellent)
Notes: Friendly as can be!!! Best staff at this resort. I had a minor
problem with my room, and they sent someone to my room
within 10 Minutes (~WOW~) and then as an apology, sent a
gift basket to each of my family members. Staff is also
very knowledble

Location: 1 (Excellent)
Notes: About 10 Minutes From Everything you would want to see!

Ammenities (In Room): 1 (Excellent)
Notes: The kitchen has everything from Drinking Glasses to plates to
Frying Pans. The TV's are excellent. DVD/ VCR Combo in
Living Room. (TV In Living Room, Master Bedroom, & Second
Bedroom). This one thing... well no High Speed Internet, and
No On-Command System for the Tv's.

Ammenties (Resort): 1 (Excellent)
Notes: MarketPlace On Site (As with all Vacation Clubs by Marriott),
Pizza Hut and and Edy's (???) Ice Cream Shop. 3 Pools, Sauna,
and tons more. An Activity Center with Teens and Kids Night
Out, Video Game Room, and race car buiding and racing.

Comments:

Basicly this is the best resort/ hotel in Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista/ Kissime Area, in my opinion. Everytime we go my son goes on the teen's night out to Disney Quest and LOVES it. The same night we send my daughter to Kids Night Out and LOVES that. Me and my husband will go out and do something while they are there.

The Activity Center Is Like ~~~WOW~~~, with tons to do. BEST PLACE EVER!!!

This place is so great you do not even have to leave!

Cordially,

Adam
Loving_My_TimeShare

Running and Planning My Own Trips!

• Stayed July 2003
21 Thank Loving_My_Timeshare
Long Beach NY
Reviewed March 23, 2005

Hi all. We checked into the place on March 14 and stayed for a week. Upon walking in we were Very happy with how the place looked. The rooms were immaculate and the carpets were spotless (having a 6 month old made this a VERY pleasant surprise). There were 5 adults and 1 infant. Both beds were comfortable and the sofa bed in the living room was also comfortable. The bathroom in the main bedroom is gigantic and the 2 person jacuzzi needs a life gaurd its so big.
There were lots of activities for those who were interested, and for those who aren't, lots of places to relax. There was a lake which boasted Bass fishing, but i was skeptical till i saw some decent sized fish swimming around (have to guess at about 2 pounds). There are 3 pool areas, 2 of which had a kiddie pool section and 2 saunas/whirlpools and one had a dry sauna that i found on the last day. The 3rd pool area located at the activity center I never got a look at but the activity center had lots to do as well. B-Ball Courts, pool tables, playground, game room, so-so mini putt, Card tables and board games inside. There were also BBQ's spread out all over the resort, gas and coals, although the resort needs to have more gas ones ( 1st come 1st serve, 3 of us in the rain, figure it out)
If you need to go to the parks, Sea world was basically down the block, Disney was 5 minutes of highway, Universal was 10 minutes on I drive.
On rainy days you can rent DVD's in the lobby (DO NOT GO TO THE OUTLETS WITH THE REST OF THE TOURISTS!!!!!!!). They have shows/singers throughout the week in different locations in the resort. A nice thing they have for those with kids 5 and up is Kids Nite Out. You drop them off at about 5, you get a beeper, they feed them and entertain them, you pick them up at 10 after have a nice dinner.( I HIGHLY recommend FishBones located at Sandlake road and International Drive......EXCELLENT FOOD)
All in all everyone was impressed and would definitely go back and recommend to others. Any questions Email me.

• Stayed March 2005
21 Thank Rob T
Memphis
Reviewed March 20, 2005

Marriott's Cypress Harbor is by far one of the best places to stay in Orlando for families of four or more. I stayed for five nights in March 2005 with my wife, our two kids and my parents. Our extremely attractive two-bedroom villa was more than spacious enough for all six of us. Overall, the villa exceeded my expectations in all respects, from the construction quality to the care taken to stock the kitchen with small essentials like paper towels and dishwashing liquid. The resort's amenities and activities also greatly exceeded my expectations. Because there's so many fun activities to do at the resort, my kids (ages 7 and 4) enjoyed hanging out at the resort as much if not more than visiting the theme parks. The resort is sparkling clean, well maintained and beautifully landscaped. (The photos on the resort's Web site fall short of conveying the property's overall attractiveness.) The only minor negative about our entire experience is that some of the living room furniture in our villa was very, very slightly frayed. But I've stayed at four other places in Orlando over the past three years, including the Ritz Carlton and at a four-star Disney resort. Marriott's Cypress Harbour is definitely my favorite.

• Stayed March 2005
28 Thank MemphisMojoTraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2005

We stayed at the Cypress harbour for a short break in february 2005 to go to the usual theme parks e.g. disney and universal etc. The check-in was extremely quick and no trouble at all. In our apartment it was lovely it wasn't the newly refurbished ones i must say but it was still very delightful. the master bedroom was spacious and had a lovely bathroom area with a huge jacuzzi and shower. The other bedroom slightly smaller with a queen and a pull out sofa bed with a add-on en suite. The living room was also a very nice part of the apartment. The kitchen was also well equipped with very good appliances e.g. fridge,washing machine and dishwasher which was great if you don't want to spend all the time eating out when you can stay in. The balcony's are fitted with netted screens and are viewing the lake and fountains which is very calm and relaxing after coming back from a day at Disney.there were several points i liked about the Cypress Harbour outside of the aprtments which were:

1.When you check-in there is a card you show to the security people on the gate's they are very friendly and ensure that you are in a safe area.

2.The bridge of decking over the lake is a really nice feature as it means you can move swiftly around the centre quickly without going to far and it doesn't make it seem so far apart.

3. The staff there are always very cheerful and friendly and are always asking how your are and say hello.

4.The maids were very good as well, they ensured that the apartment was tidy and the soap they provide is very nice too a lovely vanilla smell.

5.There is an on-site shop and plenty of well known shops around the resort excellently placed with no noise whatsoever from sea world at all and is absolute tranquility after a day of walking around.

Overall the holiday was wonderful just what we needed to get out of the depressing weather from the u.k. we had a great stay and we paln to go again next year but the only thing that does annoy me slightly is that we saw the refurbished apartments when we were there but they didn't give us one,even so if we ahd a great stay in the old ones then the new ones must be even better!highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2005