“Very nice”

Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas
Ranked #7 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent a week at this very nice resort,in a 2 bedroom villa.only issue was the sofa and chair ,could have been done with a clean.we sat on towels.apart from that it was excellent.even hurricane sandy could not spoil it for us.
Strongly recommend a car,but a very nice area in wonderful surroundings.

Staff are 1st class

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,159)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traded into this property from Interval World. Spent a week in Orlando to visit DisneyWorld etal.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The first room I had had a very pronounced musty smell. I thought turning on the AC would help, but not the case. I called the front desk and they gave me a couple of different options to include housekeeping recleaning or a room change. After a day, the smell didn't go away and opted for a room change. They gave me a room in the same building, so no moving hassles.
The rooms were nicely appointed.. in conservative Marriott fashion. Everything clean and respectable. Kitchen was great, had washer and dryer, beautiful jacuzzi tub.
The grounds were amazing. Could rent boats in the lagoon, or just hang at the pool. Great for kids.. It wasn't a waterpark-like pool area, but relaxed and friendly.
10-15 min from Disney. I'd stay there again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for a week with my parents who own a time share they traded there. Clean rooms, with a nice (if slightly dated) decor. Comfortable beds, nice views, and plenty of supplies in the rooms. The grounds are very nice with exceptional number of activities for kids of all ages. I was very impressed. We used the pools several times and liked them. The pool bar had good drinks and decent food. We also played golf on the course located on the grounds and found it to be a good bargain for twilight rates (after 4pm).

Overall a great place to stay while in Orlando that is close to lots of dining and only about 12 minutes from the Disney Parks. Sea World is literally across the street, although we didn't visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated building, apparently some are nice that others (stainless appliances, f...
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Marriott did not disappoint yet again. We are time share owners and have exchanged for various resorts and this met our high expectations. The location is great and within a short distance of all the parks. The apartment was very clean and spacious with good facilities for cooking if you chose to do so. There are several pool areas all of which were lovely and the lake in the middle was gorgeous. There is no formal restaurant area and only a grill/pizza hut for casual food e.g. burgers etc. and the market place offers coffee and doughnuts. But there are so many restaurants in this area it wasn't a problem for us. Overall if we were going to go back to Orlando we'd have no hesitation in booking Cypress Harbour again.

2  Thank Jessa B
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned home after spending a week at this resort with friends.
I cannot say enough about this place. The condo was immaculate, the staff are so friendly,
everyone waves and says hello, always helpful, just a great bunch of people.
The pool was great, as were the hot tubs.
The location is great, close to everything.
All in all this was a great place to spend a week.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the golf course, very quiet and scenic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just returned from a week at Marriott's Cypress Harbor, and found it a very peaceful, convenient and comfortable place to stay. The location is quite near Sea World (which I did not visit), and is not difficult to visit Disney parks or Universal Studios. From nearby Central Florida Parkway, there is easy access to I-4 West, going to Disney parks. Although you cannot enter I-4 East from Central Florida Parkway; you can exit I-4 onto Central Florida Parkway when traveling either direction. It is fairly convenient to the Orlando Convention Center, and other main traffic arteries, and, upon check-in, you are given a sheet of directions to area attractions, restaurants, grocery stores, big-box stores, drug stores, etc. I saw some buses or trolleys, but I cannot imagine staying in this property and getting around Orlando without a car.

The property is very large, beautifully landscaped and maintained. The buildings are each four stories tall, and are scattered around various lakes. Each building is sited to provide some privacy and convenient, nearby parking for each building. Elevators and stairs provide easy access. I traded a time-share week for my unit, through Interval International, so I did not receive maid service, but I was not disappointed because this was made clear to me in advance.

The units are quite comfortable and very spacious, and well-supplied with basics and towels. A free load-size box of detergent is supplied in the laundry room, and a starter set of coffees and condiments are provided in the kitchen, along with paper towels, new sponge, liquid dish soap, dishwasher detergent packets, plastic trash liners, garbage bags, and all necessary utensils, cutlery, dishes and cookware. There is a small shop on the property, selling most anything you would need, if you don't want to drive out of the complex.

There are activities scheduled each day, although I did not take advantage of any of them; I left the complex each day at 6:15 a.m., and did not return until evening. There is good security at the gate of the complex, monitoring the cars coming into and out of the complex. I felt safe and experienced no problems at all. I would definitely stay at the Marriott's Cypress Harbor resort again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank QuiltingMom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We are late in leaving this review. Great time spent first week in Dec. 2011. We didn't know what to expect from some mixed reviews we had read but with most being positive we decided to go with it. We were so pleasantly surprised with our place. Large master bedroom with huge jacuzzi. Nice flat screen TVs in each room. Large dining table and great breakfast bar done in granite. Large screened in porch overlooking the pond and fountain. Another reviewer noted dated porch furniture, maybe early 90s but all in very good condition. Maybe dress up the table with place mats provided. Very similar dipicted in the pictures posted by others but even better in person. The place is really large and well thought out. We requested to have the second bedroom with an actual bed vs. pull out sofa. bed. We were so happy that the front desk staff had no idea what was in the room as they said this request was not possible, then to find ours had both. Also need to add the only dissatisfying encounter was the friont desk with whom we spent maybe 5 mins. with. We arrived late in the evening and there were four employees present and only my family asking questions, no one else in line. They couldn't be bothered. We chose the location based on earlier reviews to request a room near the kids activity center. This worked out great as my husband took the kids out to play on the jungle gym set in the mornings while I finished getting dressed. There are many things to do there and if 5 years old or older there are things children can do unaccompanied by the parents. We took part in the paddle boats one day and paddled around the lake and fountain. There are bike rentals and many other activities listed on another review. It was a beautiful walk around the property looking at the different pools and green areas. We swam in the large pool and bought reasonably priced goggles in the shop there. We had a relaxing time, didn't rush and ate at the grill there. Very good salads and burgers and local beer on draught. The inside shop had other snacks and Starbucks coffee. Prices were reasonable and worth the stop by to buy something to take inside the parks (in a cooler) vs. spending close to $10. on a not so healthy hot dog in MK. We had so much room that we could have had asked another couple along. The second bedroom had two doors to close it off to make it's own ensuite. No noise could be heard from the exterior hallway window either. The large sized washer and dryer in it's own laundry room made this a home away from home. Many items provided coffee, laundry detergent, toiletries to start you off until you can shop for more items. A great place to spend a week or more!About 15 min. easy drive to MK, maybe 2mins. drive from Sea World.

Room Tip: With kids, ask for room near activity bldg. Elevators and stairs(exterior) Luggage pull carts tu...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family