“Nice place but won't be back”

Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas
Ranked #6 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice place but won't be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We are on our way home from a 7 night stay at the Marriott Cypress Harbor. I guess in many ways I can be considered a "Disney Snob" because I much prefer to stay in the parks. Disney was offering free dining and once we rented a car, paid for park tickets and our meals there we should have just stayed in the Disney hotels anyway. This hotel was very nice if you weren't visiting Disney but we spent all of our days at the parks so it was a pain for us. The second bedroom was very small once we pulled out the bed for our little ones and the tub (in the master) grossed me out. I am not one to let my kids even sit in public bathtubs but that one especially bothered me with the jets. Overall it was inexpensive to stay there compared to the Grand Floridian that we stayed in last time but we still managed to drop thousands to eat, park, get into the parks and rent a car. It would have only been about 800 more for the convenience of Disney.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank 2b4twins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just spent a week at Cypress Harbour for the sole purpose of a spa week. I have to saw that it was amazing. All my treatments were outstanding and I enjoyed every minute of my relaxing week. The relaxation room and the gardens with private hot tub make this the perfect spa experience. Even had lunch brought to me while relaxing in the Serenity Gardens. Doesn't get much better!!! The activities department at Cypress have done it again. With the addition of a Mixology class, Beer Tasting and Wine tasting and the musical entertainment there was never a dull moment. Cudo's to the General Manager Pam Folliett and her staff for making this resort such a top notch place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a group of girls and try a spa week or weekend here. All rooms are 2 bed/2 bath so plenty of roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wheelzofsteel
DeSoto, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Before planning a vacation to this place, I read thro many reviews and thought this was the best place that met our desires. I wasn't disappointed we just got back yesterday, we drove from Dallas area so we left out Thursday afternoon, stayed overnight in Alabama and arrived home Friday afternoon. We thought the resort was very nice and stocked with all necessities, the staff friendly, most of the room was just as the web-page stated. Absolutely no problems at all and queit I'm usually not a person to write a review, but I thought it would hopefully help someone searching like I did for reliable review.

Room Tip: we went at a time right after school was in, so it was quieter. Also we requested a 4th floor instea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy N
UK - YORKSHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Useful info:

It is best to have a car if you stay here
There is an onsite pizza hut who deliver
There is an onsite store which has limited provisions
There are daily activites in addition there are peddle carts, basket ball, 3 pools, a gym, pool table, boat rides, golf, volleyball and tennis

Provided in the kitchen is a small bottle of washing up liquid, dishwasher power, 2 sachets of coffee, ice, dinner pates, side plates bowls, cups, various glasses, cutlery, bottle opener, utensils, I oven tray, Pyrex uk, Tupperware tub, jug large glass bowl, pans, kitchen roll, dishwasher, oven, microwave, washer and dryer, iron and dryer and a small box of tide.

The bathrooms have 3 small bottles of toiletries, a hair dryer in each and plenty of towels for the bathroom and the pool.

The suite is spacious and sleeps 8 although there are only 6 dining room chairs and 4 chairs outside.

The sofa bed in the living room is reasonably comfortable but could do with a new mattress. The other beds are great.

The spa bath is amazing. There are 3 tvs, a DVD player and air on.

The Staff were friendly

The pools were very clean, tidy, well kept and wonderful areas with bbqs, fire pits on the beach and children's areas with activities.

The resort has barrier entry and exit and lifts to all floors.

There is plenty of free parking

You can watch the local wildlife from the balcony incluing the alligators

The local Walmart is only 3 miles away and fuel 1 mile away

The resort is 10 miles from the airport

The resort is centrally located and a great base to visit all of the parks, shops and sights.

This reort is very spacious well kept and well located.

We had an updated suite and I would advise to askfor one of these. We were is room 6531 which was a refurbished one. This is a good room as it has an extra Side window.

I would stay here agin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank BUNSTERBOO
Pittsford, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We attended a trade show at the Orlando Convention Center and discovered Marriott's Cypress Harbour Resort. While it's a "vacation club" / timeshare property, rooms are often available and, in our case, it was more affordable than staying in two separate rooms near the convention center. We entered our 2-bedroom "timeshare" and all we could say was "WOW!" It was spacious and decorated beautifully, with a fully equipped kitchen, a dining room, a large living room, two huge bedrooms, and two full baths!

The resort amenities were also top-notch. The pool area was huge, with options for families or adults. The fitness center was incredible (although I didn't get a chance to use it). The grounds were beautiful. I wish I arrived a day early with my golf clubs, as the golf course looked wonderful.

OK - with any review, you always want to hear about the negatives, so lets talk about the beds and the showers. My bed (master bedroom) was "unsleepable" (new word!) on one side; the lumps were worse than anything I could imagine. The other side of teh bed was fine - very strange! Also, the bathroom showers were very slow to drain. By the time I was done showering, I was ankle-deep in water - thank goodness it didn't overflow into the bathroom! And this was the same for both showers in our unit (5311).

I would definitely stay here again. There is plenty to do within the resort, as well as all that Orlando has to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike M
New Rochelle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at the Cypress Harbour Aug 24th for a week and loved every minute even with all the rain. Its not the best resort I've ever been to, but the staff are so friendly and they had a ton of activities for the kids that it totally made up for all the rain we experienced. We stayed in building 63 which is right next to the beach island pool, not too far from the activity center and you can walk across the bridge to the main pool so this building was ideal as we were traveling with 2 kids (8&5) and they wanted to do everything.
My only complaint is that the resort does not have a seperate room for the fitness group classes. These were held in activity center which tends to get a lot of traffic from the kids coming in and out to play video games or use the arcade. But besides this we enjoyed our stay, Stacy the bartender, Pablo and Noice at the activity center were the best. The resort had so many activities that we barely left and the kids did not mind one bit. To make the most of your trip I would suggest you call request a copy of the activities for the week and request a specific building especially if you are a marriott owner.

Room Tip: Request a renovated building 63 is a good choice. 61-63 and 51-54 have all been renovated I believe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Soleilsmum
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The pros:
* Staff was fantastic. When we checked in we were treated as "honored guests". We needed to call the front desk a few times for various questions and every person we spoke to was courteous, helpful and respectful. We came in very late almost every night, each time security at the gate was right there to open the gate and welcome us back with a smile and a wave.
* The rooms were clean, beautiful and the screened in balcony was an excellent touch. It was so nice to enjoy breakfast on the balcony with no chance of insects.
* Our room on the end was quiet and romantic.
* The location. Very convenient to I-4, only about 4 mi from Disney, about a mile from SeaWorld, about 2 miles from a Super WalMart (Turkey Lake Rd) to stock up the kitchen.

Cons:
The beds were much too firm, impossible to get a good night's sleep. After a couple of nights I felt like I was napping on concrete. By the end of the week we figured out that we could sleep on top of the comforter and use it as additional padding. The extra blankets in the closet were then used as "cover".

small quips:
* I know it's a time share, but I am accustomed to mid-week trash and towel service, I just assumed we would have that here but we did not. Five days into it I realized there was not going to be any new towels and I was washing our towels myself. I don't mind, we had a good washer and I had brought laundry detergent, just wasn't expecting it.
* The jets in the whirlpool didn't work. We didn't call anyone because we didn't want to be bothered with someone coming into the room to work on it or to have to move - but shouldn't housekeeping be checking this between guests and reporting any issues before the guests arrive?

Room Tip: We were in bldg 63. The rooms were recently renovated and very quiet. The view from the balcony was...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple