“Literally in airport, good for an overnight, comfortable!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #36 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“Literally in airport, good for an overnight, comfortable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

If you need to spend one night in the Orlando Airport area, this is a great option. It is literally located inside the airport therefore allowing quick access to and from the gates. With this convenience however comes a cost - you are not near anything else.

Access to the hotel lobby is done via escalator in one of the airports large atriums. It is often noisy and crowded in this area but once you get up to the lobby the noise softens. The check-in area can sometimes feel cramped if it is busy, but I've never had to wait long to be processed here.

You will notice once you get in the elevator (and use your key for access) that this hotel is large. Two hallways extend from the elevators opening to more hallways. The hotel has a general open space feel to it which is nice. Soft touches like greenery and fountains make the open hallways more upscale.

Rooms are very nicely furnished. A huge king size bed always greets me, along with its abundance of pillows. The rooms are decortated in a bit of a modern Victorian theme, with lighter wood furnishings and green/grey/yellow colors. Most rooms have balconies either facing outside or the airpot atrium. I always face outside and the room is dead quiet - some of my colleagues have faced the airport and found it a bit noisy.

Bathrooms are very large, usually including both a shower stall and bathtub. Bath products are the higher end Hyatt brand with some nice extras such as toothpaste. Fluffy towels are a plus.

Internet is provided for a fee in the room, although if you have a balcony facing the atrium you can usually pick up the MCO free wifi signal. Consequently, you can also go sit in the airport and use their free wifi. There is a functional gym, though no large by any standard especially for a hotel this big. I imagine it's not widely used since most traffic is probably quick transit passengers. The pool area is also relatively small though never usually busy. The fountains shooting into the pool with the Air Traffic Tower is a nice photo op. :)

There is a pub in the hotel that is open quite late - always apprecaited by myself if we have a late arrival. The breakfast buffet also gets rave reviews from my colleagues. I generally just head into the airport for food, stopping at the large food court that has many options.

Overall this is a nice, upscale hotel. Its location isn't the greatest if you are spending multiple nights here but it is perfect for an evening. You can get some sun on the pool deck, some food at the airport and have almost no travel time to your gate. Exactly what an airport hotel should be!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ryjones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

The Hyatt is directly in the main concourse of the Orlando airport.....20 FEET from where you enter the security area. No shuttle needed...no long walk...no taxi. You literaly get off the plane and check in. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. No hassles or noise from the planes or concourse. Rooms spacious and freshly renovated. Great view of the runways from the balcony most rooms have. Overall wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

This hotel is great. Very luxurious. Check in was very easy. The location is insanely convenient. We could see the airport security line from our balcony. We had a 6am flight, so we wanted to stay in the airport and walk to our gate quickly and easily in the morning. Everything worked out great. They even have a computer set up in the lobby, so you can print boarding passes right there. The bed was luxurious and the pool was nice. It was disappointing that there was no jacuzzi in the pool area. It was cool at night and I assumed they would have a hot tub. No such luck. They do have a workout room which was great. No one was in there, we had the whole room to ourselves. This hotel is EXPENSIVE in my opinion. We paid nearly $200/night. Costco members can get a small discount through the Costco travel agency. Great convenience, beautiful hotel, I would stay here again. I wish they would lower their prices though.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt the night before departing on a Disney Cruise and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! I am very picky, and have extensive experience both working in the hospitality industry and travelling for business and I was very happy here. The location is terrific and easy to get to from inside the airport. An added bonus is that you can walk right out into the airport and there are plenty of family-friendly dining options (food court, Macaroni Grill, etc.) if you choose not to eat in the hotel. We also passed some time in the airport shops as Disney World, Sea World, etc. all have shops here which kept the children entertained.

From the time we arrived, I was impressed with the staff and how professional and courteous they were. The bellman explained the layout of the hotel, told us about the pool and fitness center, restaurants, etc. The concierge and front desk staff were also top notch. There was a nice rooftop pool that the kids enjoyed as well.

The beds were sooo comfortable, it was the best night's sleep I had in a long time!!! We had a room overlooking the runway, which I highly recommend if you have children. My 5 year old and 8 year old were up at dawn, watching the planes take off. They thought it was the coolest thing!!!! Although some people complained that you could hear the planes, I can tell you that we did not. Our room was pretty soundproof...I was actually shocked at how little outside noise we heard. Maybe a few times we heard a VERY low, distant rumble, but nothing that would disturb sleep or interfere with conversation. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were updated and spacious. Our only disappointment was the breakfast buffet. It was limited (no pancakes, waffles, french toast) on the day we were there, which was a disappointment to the kids. We were going to order for them off the menu, but the staff discouraged it, saying it would take at least 20 minutes to arrive.

If you are taking a Disney cruise, this hotel is so convenient. They brought our luggage to the terminal and the next time we saw it, it was in our stateroom. It is very convenient!!! We had a very pleasant stay and I would certainly stay here again!

3 Thank mong1114
Sussex, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I was forced to stay at Florida International Airport when my husband was unexpectedly unable to take the flight from Heathrow to Florida with us. I was travelling with my 3 children and booked into the Hyatt to wait for his flight to arrive 24 hours later. Although my husband had booked and paid for the hotel from the UK, when I arrived there after travelling for 20 hours, the chap on reception was adamant that we had no booking with them and I stood for 10 minutes arguing before the Concierge arrived and my booking miraculously appeared. To be fair, the concierge was extremely good, and faxed some important documents to my husband in the UK for me. The hotel itself was very pleasant, with a nice rooftop swimming pool. The room was clean, with two double beds, but they seemed very narrow and not overly comfortable. I stayed for 2 nights, and the hotel was adequate for my needs. The problem came later when after my husband arrived and we continued to our destination, the hotel deducted an extra nights money from our credit card. We contacted them and they said it would take 5-7 days. This was a real inconvenience to us as we needed the money for our holiday and already had not budgeted for spending and paying for 2 nights in the hotel, let alone paying for a third night that we did not book nor use. We chased the Hyatt up daily, and eventually they agreed to replace the money within 72 hours. It turned up in our account whilst we were waiting at the airport for our flight home!

1 Thank faithbeckynick
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

We were returning from a Cruise in Port Canaveral and had 2 days before our Early morning flight back to Toronto. We booked with Priceline and got an amazing deal. We wanted to be IN the airport for an early morning flight and we had stayed in this hotel previously.
The last time we stayed here were were not impressed by the service but impressed how easy it is to return a rental car and make an early morning flight. Well the service has certainly improved since our stay 2 years ago.
We explained when we arrived that we would prefer a room that we could bring in an extra cot (travelling 2 adults, 9 year old and 14 year old) so our kids could get some sleep and not kill each other in the same bed. They offered us a business suite that had a murphy bed, roll away and a pull out couch. We gladly accepted the offer. ALL of the beds were comfy - the room was enormous with a boardroom table a few sofas and coffee tables and lots of space. The room was super clean, the service was great and the bathroom supplies were well stocked. The valet parking was quick and friendly and they gladly answered all questions.
The airport terminal is steps away and easy access to Starbucks, crispy cream, and lots of food options. The pool is nice with views of airplanes taking off.
I would recommend this for anyone with an early flight and the convenience of being in the airport, it would not be a place that you would stay for an extended holiday. We will stay here again if we have an early flight out. Good work Hyatt - your service was excellent.

Hunterdon, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt one night on our way to a cruise. We were met with a friendly receptionist at check-in who quickly got us a room. We followed our porter escort to our room and along the way he got us familiar with the hotel, suggesting restaurants and features (fitness center, pool, stairway, etc.) we would most likely want to utilize.

Our room was spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the airport, desk and TV. Bathroom was a good size for our family of 4 as well. We were situated close to the heated outdoor pool, which was great for our kids. Shopping can be done right on-site at the airport and a food court is a short walk away.

While we only stayed one night, I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the Orlando Airport Hyatt. If taking a Disney cruise, your luggage will be picked up and transported directly to the ship terminal. Nothing to take but your carry-on. Very friendly staff, nice amenities and short walk to terminal made this an ideal place to stay

2 Thank AnitainNJ