If you need to spend one night in the Orlando Airport area, this is a great option. It is literally located inside the airport therefore allowing quick access to and from the gates. With this convenience however comes a cost - you are not near anything else.
Access to the hotel lobby is done via escalator in one of the airports large atriums. It is often noisy and crowded in this area but once you get up to the lobby the noise softens. The check-in area can sometimes feel cramped if it is busy, but I've never had to wait long to be processed here.
You will notice once you get in the elevator (and use your key for access) that this hotel is large. Two hallways extend from the elevators opening to more hallways. The hotel has a general open space feel to it which is nice. Soft touches like greenery and fountains make the open hallways more upscale.
Rooms are very nicely furnished. A huge king size bed always greets me, along with its abundance of pillows. The rooms are decortated in a bit of a modern Victorian theme, with lighter wood furnishings and green/grey/yellow colors. Most rooms have balconies either facing outside or the airpot atrium. I always face outside and the room is dead quiet - some of my colleagues have faced the airport and found it a bit noisy.
Bathrooms are very large, usually including both a shower stall and bathtub. Bath products are the higher end Hyatt brand with some nice extras such as toothpaste. Fluffy towels are a plus.
Internet is provided for a fee in the room, although if you have a balcony facing the atrium you can usually pick up the MCO free wifi signal. Consequently, you can also go sit in the airport and use their free wifi. There is a functional gym, though no large by any standard especially for a hotel this big. I imagine it's not widely used since most traffic is probably quick transit passengers. The pool area is also relatively small though never usually busy. The fountains shooting into the pool with the Air Traffic Tower is a nice photo op. :)
There is a pub in the hotel that is open quite late - always apprecaited by myself if we have a late arrival. The breakfast buffet also gets rave reviews from my colleagues. I generally just head into the airport for food, stopping at the large food court that has many options.
Overall this is a nice, upscale hotel. Its location isn't the greatest if you are spending multiple nights here but it is perfect for an evening. You can get some sun on the pool deck, some food at the airport and have almost no travel time to your gate. Exactly what an airport hotel should be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 diamond hotel is located inside the Orlando Intl Airport with the hotels elegant decor and artwork, combined with superior food & beverage service that makes for a luxury hotel experience 445 soundproof guest rooms and 42,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando International Airport
- Hotel Hyatt Orlando Regency
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport