“Hyatt, you kicked butt on this one...”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #34 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Los Angeles, California
“Hyatt, you kicked butt on this one...”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Ok. Airport with a hotel in it. Sounded to good to be true and it was. Beautiful hotel RIGHT in the airport. If you have an early flight, stay here. Even if it costs more.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
Cleveland
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip. Hotel was very nice! Had nice rooms with a fridge. Didn't have a very good view maybe because we had a priceline rate. It was very nice to be in the hotel for an early morning flight. Hotel had a nice pool.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed here the night before a cruise. This was a great choice. Our plane was late and it was nice not be have to leave the airport. Room was quiet. We were on a hotwire rate for 4 persons and they orginally had us in a room that slept only 2 and was smoking. They did move us to a non-smoking 2 double bed room, but they were doubles, not queen size. I don't know why. The extra space in bed would be nice, and there was enough space in the hotel room. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tm2924
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I can't remember any airport hotel as convenient as this one. Hotel is located in the main airport building, five minutes away from getting your bags. I stayed there arriving from a transatlantic flight and drove to Tampa the next day. Then stayed one night on the return – arrived the evening before the transatlantic return. Very relaxing way to travel.

It's not new, but not old either. But it's aging a bit. Room large and clean. Mini fridge and overhead fan. At least one million pillows on the bed – in fact, I had to find a place in the room to put all of them at night. Very comfortable hotel, but most of the airport shops closed before 9:30, including food places. So not much to do after that. Staff was first rate. Must the result of a great hotel manager and training program. Very professional, great personal appearance, efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. Good job Hyatt.

Room was quiet despite the proximity to the runways.

I made a US Government rate reservation a month prior and had a nice surprise when the reservation ($166) rate was reduced to $133 to reflect the Government rate for that day when I checked in. I didn't have to ask. I was very impressed with that.

The hotel McCoy Bar had an interesting fare. The regular stuff you would expect as well as more exotic items: sushi and a tapas type approach. The tapas were a good idea, but the taste was a bit predictable. "Thai tenders" were big but with a bottled sweet chili sauce (lots of garlic). The fried calamari were nicely done, but undone by a strange sauce underneath (should have only used some lemon and pepper with a lightly salted batter). If you didn't like the sauce, it was on the bottom of the calamari., so you didn't have a choice. Coconut prawn was tasty, but so-so. All items looked prepackaged. However, a great idea (social communal food) but fresher items with a bit more thought about the sauce could have made it great. Still, a nice relaxing place to have a casual meal after getting off the plane.

What I didn't like (there is always room for improvement). The room had wireless internet, but not free. Also the internet fee was not very obvious. If budget hotels can offer free internet, these larger chains could also. No free parking (it's the airport, so I suppose that's understandable). I thought the television could have had more channels (after all, it's the US). The TV was a CRT rather than a flat screen. Size was adequate, but I expected something larger. No safe in the room. It's not expensive to put a safe in every room. Breakfast not included in the room price. Breakfast was, however, very nice but the cost was pushing the high side of reasonable.

Not to end on the dislikes, I would stay there again in a second. Convenient for the weary traveler, comfortable and well run. Very good hotel.

Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Mr G
Annapolis
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I was here for a meeting with colleagues from all over the US; I was so pleased to walk out of my terminal and immediately find my hotel! The location is incredibly convenient; you can utilize the restaurants in the hotel or simply go down the escalator and have access to all the food court places (which I preferred to expensive hotel food).

The room was large, clean, and looked into the airport, but it was not noisy at all - they must use thick glass! I had a balcony overlooking it, too, if I was so inclined.

The pool is AWESOME; lots of lounge chairs and areas to sit; hardly ever any plane noise oand NO fumes; I couldn't wait to get out of my daily meetings and quickly get out there to the pool area. The breakfast area was wonderful; we all watched the sunrise each morning from the huge picture windows and wait staff were all very friendly.

Yes, you are kind of closed in via "Terminal" but as a business traveler, I actually appreciated not having to deal with taxis/rental cars and having everything in one place. I was able to walk down to check in for my flight at the terminal 8 hours before it and then just go through security when the flight time neared.

I can't express how much I enjoyed this beautiful hotel and all it has to offer; I plan to return here for leisure in the future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Like many others, we booked this hotel the last night of our Florida vacation due to a very early morning flight. We booked a room with two queen-sized beds. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 p.m. after returning our rental car. We used the express check in which only took about 5 minutes. It also provided us with our key cards. A bell hop came to our rescue and loaded up our luggage. He asked when our flight was the next day and made arrangements for a bell hop to arrive at our room at 6 a.m. to load our luggage and take it to our airline for check in. The room was very clean and relaxing. It even had doors that opened onto a small balcony. The beds were the most comfortable that we slept on our entire trip. I noticed that there were a couple of restaurants in the hotel, but since our arrival was so late, they were already closed. The hotel does however have 24 hour room service, but didn't use this either. The only problem with our stay was that the remote control did not work for the TV. However, when we phoned guest services they were at our door within 10 minutes, replaced the batteries and everything was great. At 6 a.m. the following morning the bell hop phoned our room and asked if we were ready to go downstairs. He was at our door in a matter of minutes and took our luggage directly to our airline for check-in. The service, facilities, and location of this hotel are outstanding and made our last night in Orlando much easier.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Montana
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We booked our final night in Orlando at the Hyatt Regency International Airport mainly because we had an early flight and thought it would be much easier than getting up and driving across town/checking in our rental car at 5 AM. Even though the reviews we read were mostly positive, we really didn't expect to find anything more than a moderate hotel plunked in the airport with average amenities.

We were dead wrong.

When we found the location of our rental car return (Avis), there was an entrance to the hotel right there, so we unloaded the car and entered the hotel. Even though that entrance is not near the lobby, we were spotted by a bellhop almost immediately, and he brought a cart for our bags and took us to the lobby.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable, took the time to explain the layout of the hotel and which ammenities they offered, as well as what to expect during check-in at the airport the next morning. Very thorough.

The bellhop took us to our room in one of the elevators, there are 3 or 4 right by the lobby. For security reasons the elevators will only go up if activated by a room key, which is a great security measure. He asked us when our flight was leaving the next morning, we told him the airline and flight time and he said he would have a bellhop come to our room and take us right to the flight check-in, that was a nice service we didn't expect. He also told us that there was a channel on our TV which had updated flight schedules on it and when we checked later sure enough...it was just like the big boards in the airport. Another handy service.

There are 2 restaurants on the property, one close to the lobby which looked moderately priced, and one on the top floor which is more upscale and only opens in the evenings apparently. We didn't eat at either one so can't comment on the food, but they looked clean and the menus looked appetizing. The top-floor restaurant looks like it has a great view of the area.

We instead chose to eat in the actual airport, as they have quite a few restaurants as well as a large food court with fast-food places. We ended up eating at a very good Italian restaurant, and noticed they had a good-sized Chili's also.

Later we checked out the pool, again wasn't expecting much but was surprised to find a tropical outside setting with covered seating, a waterfall, many trees and plants, and a manned barcart. And the strange thing is that you would think having an outside pool at an airport hotel would be loud from the air traffic, but you really don't hear the planes at all, apparently the hotel must block most of the sound from the runways. We stayed poolside for a couple hours, it was really relaxing.

The next morning the bellhop showed up as promised and took us to the airline check-in counter. After looking at the long line, he said "I'm taking you outside to curbside check-in, these guys will get us in faster", and we were checked in 2 minutes. Another example of going the extra mile.

In closing I just can't say enough good things about the Hyatt Airport, it was so much more than we expected.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family