We had an early (6am) flight and decided to drive in a day early and spend the night here for one night and are so glad that we did! The hotel itself is quite nice and the ability to awake at the airport and catch an early flight without the stress of waking up at "0 dark thirty" and frantically driving to the airport and searching for parking is quite nice too! Not to mention being well rested for the first day of our vacation........"priceless."
Our only stress was our agonizing over if we wanted an atrium view or a runway view (great problem to have, right?) and we opted for the runway. Having a front row seat watching the planes taking off from our balcony was pretty neat, so we were pleased with our decision. Next time we may choose an atrium view, just to be able to compare the two, especially since we are avid people watchers. We didn't notice any noise issues from our room regarding the proximity to the airport and had a great nights sleep. The room was nicely appointed and the towels and linens were of the caliber that you would expect when you enter the room.
There are a couple of places to eat within the hotel, one more formal than the other. We ate at the "other" one and it was fairly good. We paid a little extra and signed up for the 4 days of discounted parking which worked out for a small savings, but if you decide to do this do yourself a favor and grab a ticket when you enter the airport parking area as opposed to using your sunpass in order to save time when you leave. (They have to manually process the voucher if you use the sunpass and it takes a bit of time) Another thing that we did is to book directly with the hotel from it's website, and if you do you will be offered (risk free) to request various upgrades when you check in at substantially discounted rates. Should you decide not to exercise them upon check-in if they are available, there is no charge. The higher rooms offer the best views.
We were impressed all the way around with our stay and highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 diamond hotel is located inside the Orlando Intl Airport with the hotels elegant decor and artwork, combined with superior food & beverage service that makes for a luxury hotel experience 445 soundproof guest rooms and 42,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelPower, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando International Airport
- Hotel Hyatt Orlando Regency
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport