Stayed in January and March. They did not honor our requests. We are seniors and requested a room near the elevator, high floor and a walkin shower. Arriving both times on a late flight, too late for our shuttle home so we stay the night. In Jan. they put us in a room all the way down one hall, all the way down a second hall, then down on the right. Luckly a employee came by so we asked for directions. It was on the sixth floor (6088) which is the pool and fitness center. Room was dusty, coffee pot not clean, crinkled, short shower curtain, paper thin towels. At checkin the man who motioned us up proceeded to get on the phone for so long we moved over when the young lady finished with another checkin. Room was very noisy even from the bar across the way with the TV blaring. I mentioned the problems at checkout. Upon arriving home had a call from a front desk manager (Cary) who comped the room. On our stay in March I called and spoke with another manager. Martha or Marissa, I think. I explained our prior incident and requested a room near the elevator, walk in shower and NOT ON THE SIXTH FLOOR! I called again prior to our trip to review our reservation and spoke with Kim who said they would hold a room for us Room 1009. Fine....When we arrived about 1:30a.m. we were checked in by Joshua who was a very nice young man and I know he felt bad when he told us room 1009 was not available. It had not been blocked, and to make matters worse the room he was giving us was ON THE SIXTH FLOOR! Room 6129. Right across from the fitness center. Joshua walked us to our room saying they would comp it and he would speak to the GM Mark Bastis in the morning which he did and Mr. Bastis called me to apoligize. Oh by the way, we could not open our drapes in the morning due to about six workmen right outside on the roof. I would much rather pay for a room and get our requests honored. We Travel often on junkets so we are not able to set the flight schedule and have to depend on shuttles home approx. An hour and a half. I will try to avoid this hotel if possible in the future but if we have to stay there again, I will contact the GM as he said I should. It is not what I would expect from a four star hotel. P.S. They do not have room safes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 diamond hotel is located inside the Orlando Intl Airport with the hotels elegant decor and artwork, combined with superior food & beverage service that makes for a luxury hotel experience 445 soundproof guest rooms and 42,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando International Airport
- Hotel Hyatt Orlando Regency
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport