“Disappointed”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #35 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed in January and March. They did not honor our requests. We are seniors and requested a room near the elevator, high floor and a walkin shower. Arriving both times on a late flight, too late for our shuttle home so we stay the night. In Jan. they put us in a room all the way down one hall, all the way down a second hall, then down on the right. Luckly a employee came by so we asked for directions. It was on the sixth floor (6088) which is the pool and fitness center. Room was dusty, coffee pot not clean, crinkled, short shower curtain, paper thin towels. At checkin the man who motioned us up proceeded to get on the phone for so long we moved over when the young lady finished with another checkin. Room was very noisy even from the bar across the way with the TV blaring. I mentioned the problems at checkout. Upon arriving home had a call from a front desk manager (Cary) who comped the room. On our stay in March I called and spoke with another manager. Martha or Marissa, I think. I explained our prior incident and requested a room near the elevator, walk in shower and NOT ON THE SIXTH FLOOR! I called again prior to our trip to review our reservation and spoke with Kim who said they would hold a room for us Room 1009. Fine....When we arrived about 1:30a.m. we were checked in by Joshua who was a very nice young man and I know he felt bad when he told us room 1009 was not available. It had not been blocked, and to make matters worse the room he was giving us was ON THE SIXTH FLOOR! Room 6129. Right across from the fitness center. Joshua walked us to our room saying they would comp it and he would speak to the GM Mark Bastis in the morning which he did and Mr. Bastis called me to apoligize. Oh by the way, we could not open our drapes in the morning due to about six workmen right outside on the roof. I would much rather pay for a room and get our requests honored. We Travel often on junkets so we are not able to set the flight schedule and have to depend on shuttles home approx. An hour and a half. I will try to avoid this hotel if possible in the future but if we have to stay there again, I will contact the GM as he said I should. It is not what I would expect from a four star hotel. P.S. They do not have room safes.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tipper777
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and our staff failed to accommodate in a room near elevator on high floor and with a walkin shower. This issue happen twice on two different trip. I do apologize for the inconvenience and please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had a minor issue with my assigned room. The manager [ AJ ] promptly visited my location and immediately rectified the situation and gave me another room exceeded my expectations ! He even had a late night desert and card delivered to my new room for the inconvenience. My wife and 10 other members of our party were all impressed. Just WOW ! He made our trip a great memorable life time experience . Thank you AJ !

Room Tip: Pay the 18$ upgrade fee and have a nice garden outside the entrance and a walk out balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I'm so glad you had a great stay and were able to experience the great staff we have. I'm very happy to hear about how AJ was able to assist you. We would love to have you back and hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

After much research and consideration, we selected the Hyatt Regency Orlando Int'l Airport the night before our cruise for several reasons. Mainly no transportation charges or inconvenience. And with littles ones to feed, we knew the food court wouldn't disappoint for meals.

We flew into Orlando the day before our cruise as to ensure we would make it onboard prior to sailing in the event of delays. We reserved port transportation through Happy Limo. Our children loved the pool, we all loved the breakfast package in the dining room. The rooms were clean and offered views of the travelers below (excellent for people watching). We also appreciated the day room option upon our return as we had seven hours before our flight. The $99 day room allowed us time to swim, shower and nap before our trip home.

Both rooms were clean and comfortable. Service was outstanding, pool towels were plentiful as were chairs. The kids enjoyed watching the planes take off from the outdoor pool area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TraciG40
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and enjoyed the wonderful amenities we offer. I'm glad you enjoyed the great food options we offer. Very happy that the kids were able to take advantage of the pool and experience the great view of the planes. We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Jean Francois T
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a 6am flight with 4:30am check-in, which made this hotel ideal. The bell staff were extremely accommodating, and made many recommendations to help us out right from the get go: 1) as I dropped off our family, the valet offered directions to drop of the rental, including tips on the fastest route and terminal, 2) the porter who brought our luggage to the room made recommendations on what time we should get our wake-up call, suggested a second call 15 minutes later (he arranged both), then arranged for a porter to meet us at our room at 4:30 am, 3) the am porter was right on time, and escorted us to our check-in and luggage drop-off.

Overall, this was the best middle of the night airport experience one can have with small children - remarkably stress-free! We also appreciated the rooftop pool, and dinner at McCoys.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ColonelFlagg
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It was heartwarming to hear that the hotel staff was really helpful with your visit especially given the time you were arriving. I am happy to hear you also enjoyed the pool and restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back or another great stay.

Belinda M, Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed March 19, 2014

When arriving from UK at 5.00 ish, after picking up baggage and using train link in, do not put your baggage on belt. Takes ages to come, upon exit of Tram hotel lobby is behind you as you enter atrium. If hiring a car, pick it up next morning or they will charge! ( cheaper to pay at the hotel reception than upon exit) drive to fourth floor. Easy access for loading baggage from hotel foyer. McCoys is good for food, bar snacks also good value.

Room Tip: Top floor at end of corridor overlooking atrium . This avoids noisy latecomers and aircraft noise!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JerseyPeter
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I'm happy your enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful food options. We would love to have you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before a Disney Cruise with our 4 year old son. I really enjoyed our stay. Check in took a while and felt long after a long flight.

Rooms were quite large, beds are very comfortable, fridge, tea & coffee facilities. We didn't experience much noise and slept very well. The room was a bit dusty in places but I think I am just being picky.

There is a food court in the airport which was handy to for lunch. We did eat in the hotel one evening but the food did not go down well with my son who is very fussy. We asked for a sandwich but it was made with granary bread with loads of seeds and my son would not touch it. I asked if they had white bread but the waiter said they did not (even though they had white bread at breakfast)? We were also seated practically on our own and it was really dark and dingy in the restaurant with no atmosphere. I would recommend eating in the food court even though it is mainly fast food but you can get pasta.

Breakfast was really good, with a good selection cakes, pastries, cereal, pancakes, cooked breakfast, fruit etc and my son couldn't believe he was offered chocolate milk for breakfast! Service was very good and the staff really nice.

The weather wasn't too good for the whole day we were at the hotel but as the pool was heated really well (steam coming off of it) we could still use it (Brits swimming in the rain ha ha). My son stayed lovely and warm in it as was like a warm bath.

The conciege was really helpful explaning the process for travelling to the Disney ship and it all went very smoothly.

The staff were really nice and extremely polite and offer good service.

I can also recommend the Disney Fantasy it was amazing!

Room Tip: We had a room facing out of the hotel, not into the airport. Only muffled noise of planes taking off...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family