“Great experience”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #33 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Welcoming staff, this is not your typical airport hotel. The location couldn't be more central, it forms part of the airport complex but is well designed and comfortable - and quiet. An ideal resting place after a long flight before taking on the excitement of Orlando.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm so happy that our convenient location worked well for you. I will forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S

Write a ReviewReviews (4,303)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Dront desk clerk was excellent, though he had a chance to up sell me and did not. Some will love that, others want the up sell once told or invited. Otherwise, he was so kind considering these were last minute arrangements. Room was excellent, clean, and very comfortable. What a treat to be where I need to be in the am even though I never felt like I was in the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room accommodations. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Dates of Stay: Sunday 12/1/13 - Thursday, 12/5/13
Total Nights: 4

In brief summary, the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport is a wonderful property, conveniently located directly inside the Orlando International Airport and within close proximity to numerous Orlando Hot Spots, offering stellar customer service and excellent rooms -- this is truly the place to stay before or after an early or late flight, or even for your Orlando vacation.

Now, for my detailed review:

First, this review builds upon my other lengthy reviews of this property. I stay at this property several times a year, and with each stay, the service continues to shine! Please see my prior reviews of this property for additional photos and further information on this property:

1) June 2012 - "“Yet Another Wonderful Stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport - Service Continues to Shine!!” (posted June 18, 2012)
2) July 2011 - “Another Truly Wonderful Stay at a Beautiful Hyatt with AMAZING Service!” (posted August 3, 2011)
3) August 2010 - “An absolutely amazing start to my honeymoon! A perfect honeymoon stay!” (posted September 11, 2010)

So, what else can I say that I have not already said about this wonderful property? With each stay, the service at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport continues to shine, and just when I think that the service cannot improve, I continues to do so and I continue to be amazed! For this trip, I was to be in Orlando to teach at a Law Enforcement Conference for three days; the Conference was within ten minutes of the airport, so with the excellent service that this property has to offer, I could think of no better place to stay. Additionally, I must comment on how amazing the management at this property can be -- I was only to be in town for three nights, but at the last minute I was asked to speak at an event and the management at this property went out of their way to accommodate me for an additional night, even managing to keep me in the same room despite a heavy conference crowd. I can promise you, the service that you will experience from the staff and management at this property cannot be matched!

Upon arrival, I drove into the Valet Parking area and was met by a polite and courteous Valet Attendant; my car was very quickly taken from me, and within moments a Bellman had my bags on the way to the Main Lobby. Parking at this property is extremely reasonable for an airport location; I would highly recommend Valet Parking, due primarily to its ease and convenience combined with the very reasonable rate. Valet Parking at this property is $16/day, and Self Parking is $12/day. Self Parking is housed within the Short Term Parking lot at the Orlando International Airport, so at peak travel times, parking can be at a premium; thus, I think that for a mere $4 difference, Valet Parking is the best option at this property. Also, I can tell you that after numerous experiences with this property, the Valet Attendants are extremely quick and efficient and can have you car in a matter of minutes as opposed to some other properties in the area.

After parking, I took the quick and efficient elevators from the first floor Motor Lobby to the Hotel Main Lobby on the fourth floor. I was met with an exceptional Front Desk Agent, as always. This property has some of the most friendly Front Desk Agents that you will ever find in an airport property; he immediately welcomed me back by name, thanked me for being a loyal Diamond Tier Member of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program, and informed me that my favorite room had been prepared for me.

A quick word about check-in at this property. While it is always extremely quick and efficient, at peak arrival/departure times, there may be a slight line to check-in. Directly to the right of the Front Desk is a bank of Self Check-In Kiosks; these can provide an alternative to waiting should you just want to get to your room. I have used these Kiosks in the past, and they are fully functional, even allowing a Diamond Tier Member to select his or her Diamond Welcome Amenity.

After another quick and friendly check-in at this property, within a matter of moments, I was on my way to my beautiful VIP Suite on the sixth floor, Room 6121. I always try to spoil myself when traveling, and I had booked a Suite as I always do. Room 6121 is my personal favorite, and it was perfect, as always. Room 6121 is located at the Corner of the property, directly next to the swimming pool, complete with two balconies which allow for amazing views of the runway and planes as they arrive and depart. As you enter the room, you enter into a Dining Room, complete with a large dining table and chandelier. To your right is one of the most amazing airport property bathrooms in existence, complete with a large marble vanity, huge glass shower and a massive jacuzzi tub. As you continue into the room, you find a large sitting area, complete with two comfortable couches and a large high-definition television that is equipped with a sound system and a DVD player. Then, to your right is an ample sized work/computer desk, complete with multiple outlets for all of your electrical equipment. Just past the desk, you enter the large bedroom area, which has a very comfortable King-sized Hyatt Grand Bed, along with a plush chair and ottoman. Finally, across the entire back wall of the Suite are beautiful plantation shutters, opening out onto two separate balconies; one balcony has two chaise lounge chairs for sunning and the other has a table and two additional chairs. Both balconies offer excellent views of the runway for plane lovers. I have attached numerous photos to this review should you wish to see additional information on this room.

In addition to my beautiful Suite, I must comment on the standard rooms at this property; they are also equally excellent. You have your choice of two types of views; interior airport atrium views or airport runway views. Both types of rooms are excellent, and I would highly recommend either. The airport atrium views allow for excellent people watching, and also allow for one to see how busy TSA Security is prior to heading down for a flight whereas the airport runway views offer plane lovers excellent views of large aircraft as they arrive and depart. And, contrary to some of the reviews posted on this site, I have never noticed any problem with noise; in my experience, this property has some excellent sound-proofing and I would highly recommend it. Additionally, this property offers something that you will not find available at many airports -- Day Rooms! If you are staying somewhere else in the Orlando area and have a late flight, you can book a room for just the day, allowing you to check-out of your original hotel at the standard check-out time and then have a room to relax and enjoy at the airport prior to your flight. This is a great option and I would highly recommend it as it is something that you will not often find available.

Being located in directly in the main atrium of the Orlando International Airport, this property is the perfect location to stay if you have either an early or a late flight and just want to relax prior to or after a trip. The hotel itself is located directly above one TSA Checkpoint, with the other TSA Checkpoint a very quick moving walk-way away. Additionally, the airport location provides for numerous shopping experiences that a normal Hyatt property might not provide, as the Orlando International Airport has a rather extensive shopping mall in its main atrium offering numerous shops and dining experiences.

And, as for dining experiences, the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport offers numerous excellent options within the property itself, so although the main atrium offers numerous dining locations, you should never have to leave the hotel! First, "Hemisphere" is located on the ninth floor of the property and offers a truly amazing breakfast buffet every morning; it is very reasonably priced and offers excellent service and selections. And, being on the ninth floor, it offers sweeping views of the airport and its runways. "Hemisphere" doubles as a truly amazing steak restaurant in the evenings on Monday-Saturday -- it offers probably the best airport steak experience that you will ever find, so make sure not to miss it! In addition to "Hemisphere," "McCoy's" is located on the fourth floor near the Main Lobby and offers excellent lunch and dinner daily. Additionally, the "Lobby Bar" offers a light menu and amazing drinks, so make sure not to miss it, either. Finally, Room Service at this property is also extremely quick and tasty! With all of those options -- in addition to the many options in the main atrium of the airport itself -- you certainly will never go hungry at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport.

All-in-all, the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport is a truly wonderful property in the perfect location. It offers excellent rooms and stellar customer service! This is definitely a property that you should stay at the next time that you fly in or out of the Orlando International Airport!

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor room for better Airport Atrium or Airport Runway Views!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AttorneyVin
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is our second vist to The Hyatt (last one 12 months ago).
The welcome, the room, the Mc Coys restaurant all 100%. Bob the Bar Tender was so very friendly and helpfull.
The only draw back was we could hear all the airport check in noise from the inner facing room.
Apart from this our stay was brilliant and we will definitely use this hotel on our next visit to Orlando

Room Tip: Have one facing the runway they are sound proofed (The room we had last year was)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank splotto

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I'm so happy that you were able to come visit us again. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all of our great amenities we offer. I'm so happy that Bob was able to offer you great service. I will certainly forward this to our hotel management so that he is recognized.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed overnight twice recently - late November and again on 4th Dec. We've stayed at this hotel on at least a dozen occasions in the last 20 years. (en route to and from staying in Longboat Key) and we stress that we've always found this hotel very comfortable with a wide range of amenities. In particular it is extremely convenient for the airport - unsurpassed in this regard.

We've always found the staff there to be very good.

Just like to mention some points that the proprietors of the hotel should consider giving attention to:-
Some of the furniture is a bit "tired" and unchanged for quite a long time nowl. However the beds are very good, extremely comfortable.
The hotel should provide free WiFi to all rooms. Not currently the case for "outside" rooms; as regards rooms "overlooking" the atrium - free wifi is available to those, but via the airport system. The TVs though flat screen are "low definition" , seemingly not "digital" and replacement of all these is needed. Also as regards plumbing, sink spout reach, sink waste plug controlling device and bath faucet, these are sub-optimal.

Notwithstanding the above niggles, the positive aspects certainly outweigh any negative.

Room Tip: Currently, if you regard free wifi as important, ask for an inside room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The HYATT Regency Orlando Airport is a very nice hotel. We stayed here prior to our Disney Cruise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Once they know you have a cruise, they will pick up your bags, and the next time you see them will be in your cabin. Very nice service.

The rooms are large and clean. Well equipped. We had a very nice room overlooking the tarmac so we could watch the planes land and take-off. The fitness room is very nice and also well equipped. Got in a nice work out when we arrived.

Very easy access to the airport stores and restaurants. Recommend Chili's on the second floor. Great food, quiet, and a nice kids menu.

Overall, a great stay. Recommend for families traveling and cruising. If you have a long lay over, you can get a room for the day. If you arrive a day early like we did for our cruise, we just stayed one night.

Also, the pool is heated and very nice.

Room Tip: High floor. Ask for a Tarmac view if you want to watch planes land and take-off.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dfndr90
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and our wonderful staff. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. I will forward all your feedback to your management team.

Becky

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I booked one night here so that I could turn our rental car in early and not have to worry about getting up early and dealing with it for a 6:15am flight. We were on the 8th floor, facing inside and it was surprisingly quiet. I thought it would be very noisy with it being the Thanksgiving travel season. We didn't take advantage of anything other than the room. It was nice, clean, spacious. My only complaint was that I could hear water dripping (like a drip into a bucket of water) down the wall. It was off and on and I was tired enough to sleep through it. My other complaint is not really with the hotel, it's with those who get up early (earlier than me) and insist on yelling in the hallway with no respect for those still sleeping! We had a military rate so price wasn't bad for the convenience of sleeping in. The Delta TSA entrance (to the train) is right there as you get off the escalator.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family