Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #35 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
San Antonio, Texas
“Location”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I like all the Hyatts that are inside the airports, this one in particular has the benefit of being in a really nice airport, and the "exterior" it's amazing. The reason to stay in an airport Hotel is either to catch an early flight or you have business nearby, so this Hotel is perfect for that, however for the same reason is overpriced, but you are probably saving from rentals or taxis anyway so it's probably worth it. My only complain is noise, the windows are not made for exterior (since they are inside the airport) so you can hear all the noise from the airport, and also looks like they didn't noise proof the walls I was able to hear my two neighbors conversations and TV's. The room was nice, I got upgrade to a junior suite and the only thing small is the shower. All and all is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a corner that way you will just need to deal with one neighbor noise, hopefully is...
Green Features: Nothing that other Hotels are not doing. Starwood is the only one taking it further with the no cleaning service option in exchange for rewards.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Javier H
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Javier H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay in Orlando. I am sorry to hear that you had some noise concerns however , it seems that you had a good stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel and the look of the hotel. I hope you will stay with us again the next time that your travels bring you to Orlando.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
Jesup, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

So we had to come to Orlando on a quick family emergency type trip. Stayed first night a a cheap Hotwire hotel, Ok made a mistake had to stay another night so we choose Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport a four star Hotel on Hotwire. Paid $30 bucks more than the first cheap room.

The room was great. Beds were wonderful. Room spacious and very nice. Loved the room. Can't say enough about the room. If that were the end of the story this would be a Hotel/Guest love story. It was not unfortunately the end of the story.

On check in I was greeted warmly and friendly. I am oxygen dependent, my handy cap status is obvious. The girl signed us in welcomed us and sent us to our rooms. Here in lies the rub. We go to the 6th floor and began our long trek to our room which seemed to be a very long long long way from the elevator. Thankfully there were sitting areas on the path. I had to sit twice to our room. I know when you book on hotwire the hotel treats you like a second class guest.

When we arrived at our room I was wore slap out. My wife asked me to get a closer room but I just did not have the energy to walk down again.

Then as we were leaving I was accosted by the parking clerk demanding I pay for parking. I had paid, in cash, at arrived. She demanded I produce a receipt. I told her upon checkout in the room with the TV I saw the parking and my payment. She called the front lobby twice and twice they denied I payed. Twice more she loudly demanded I pay for parking as if I were trying to steal this from her. Then finally the payment was in the system.

I was mad and asked for a manager who's smug and arrogant demeanor only made thing worse for me. I left with a very sour taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Tell them up front a room close to the elevator. Their back forty in is more like 80.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AlwaysTraveling109
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Good Afternoon AlwaysTraveling109,

Thank you so much for going out of your way to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the great convenience it was for your travel. My sincerest apologies though for the experience you had with the parking at this location and the lack of concern our management had shown during that time. We would love to speak with you further on this issue. If you would like to contact our Guest Relations department, they are more than happy to take your call or you can email us at social.media@hyatt.com. We hope this experience does deter you from stay with us again at the Hyatt Regency or Hyatt for that matter.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I arrived late and was happy to be greeted by some of the most helpful and friendly staff. Very nice room. Clean, modern. I liked my view on the water fountain as well. I would always want an inside room that views the water fountain to cut down on airplane noise.

Room Tip: Get a room on the water fountain side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that the staff provided excellent service. I also like that you enjoyed the view and the rooms as well. I hope you return to stay with us again.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight. Booked a rate that included 7 nights parking. With the included parking, it was a decent deal- but other than staying here for convenience, I wouldn't stay here otherwise. The hotel was clean, and our room facing the runways was indeed quiet. It was fun having a little balcony for the kids to see the planes landing and taking off. Rooms are definitely on the smaller side- just not big enough or comfortable enough for a family of 4. Employees at check in and check out were efficient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I was there on business. Every aspect of my stay was top notch from beginning to end. The service is great. The restaurants are great. I would highly recommend this hotel. Great value for the price.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ajwasdin
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I’m so glad to hear that your stay was so excellent, from check in to check out! It is fantastic the service was exemplary and that you enjoyed the restaurants, as well. Thank you for going out of your way to share your experience and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for the yellow ribbon convention and we were highly impressed with this hotel! The rooms, service, and staff were all exceptional. Very centrally located, we were able to walk to pointe orlando for drinks and food. This hotel is impressive :)

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to share about your recent experience at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the service and that the staff were all friendly and ready to assist. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our trip included this hotel due to it's location at the airport. It is huge beyond description. We had to walk about a mile to get to our room. When it came time to leave for the airport, however, all we had to do was go downstairs with the bellman. The room was clean with a bedroom area, living room area and dining area - all open plan. There was one bathroom with a commercial type toilet (no lid) in the middle of the bathroom. This hotel is not luxury but for air travel, you can't beat the location. At least it was clean with good internet service.

Room Tip: Try to get one near an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple