“Wonderful overnight stay before Disney Cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #37 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Waterloo, Canada
“Wonderful overnight stay before Disney Cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Since we had stayed at this hotel last year, it was never in doubt that we would book anywhere else. We were going on the Disney Cruise on Aug 31st so we checked in the day before. We arrived early and I had previously emailed the hotel to ask for an early check in. They promptly wrote back to me and assured me that they would do whatever they could to accommodate us.

When we arrived at lunchtime on the 30th, the room was ready. Very nice room with balcony - plenty big for 2 adults and a child.

We used the pool for most of the day and the waiter service there was great. We did eat at McCoys that evening and it was 'okay' - nothing special. The next morning we had breakfast at Hemisphere and it was excellent (both service and food quality). I also used the gym there and it was great.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. Its location in the airport is fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Celticgrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I checked oin after a gruelling 10 hours of flights with a load of f work to do before bed time . The hotel is very easy to find from both the A and B terminal and one escalator and you ARE CHECKING IN. I HAD A VERY NOMINAL WAIT TIME TO REGISTER . tHE ROOM I WAS GIVEN WAS 6062 and if the hotel had a negative it was they only had one elevator bank so if your room is opposite to the elevators be prepared for long walks. The hotel is huge so I mean long walks .I would recommend that you ask for a room on the elevator side. The room was certainly very good/ and spacious .The wifi was free which I appreciated and the bathroom was more than adequate.

Both nights I was there I ate at their bar and both nights the food and service was more than excellent .all in all for any visitor especially on business couldn't ask for a better hotel. .As an aside the rental car and garage is very close to the hotel less than a 5 minute walk away

Room Tip: Great Airport Hotel
1 Thank funnyman8017
Sonoma County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great hotel inside the airport- so very convenient for an early a.m. flight. Interesting architecture and views. Nice and quick check in process. Water from the tap came out tinged brown so I skipped the shower and I try to always drink tap water - to reduce plastic bottle waste but this morning i paid for bottled water.

Room smelled so badly of cigarette smoke i almost called and changed rooms- after awhile I noticed it less. I was very tired!

I usually have better experiences at Hyatt's. Bed etc, bathroom were fine. But smoke smell and weird water gave this hotel a 3.

1 Thank Kelleyanne
Lanai, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is in the Orlando Airport providing convenient access for the traveler. No shuttle bus required. Great for those early morning departures!

The location is also convenient to Central Florida within easy reach of the Beeline and the Turnpike. This makes it a surprisingly good base of operation in addition to being just an excellent airport layover choice.

The hotel offers two dining venues. Hemispheres, which has runway views and fine dining menu choices and McCoys, which offers a more casual atmosphere and a menu that stretches from Salad to Sushi. Hemispheres is also the location where breakfast is served.

Additional dining options may also be found in the airport.

Hyatt Status Membership has generally been recognized during our stays and service has been consistently good. We have stayed at this location multiple times.

Room Tip: Outward facing rooms with balconies are recommended over the inner facing rooms. Runway views are a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LostonLanai
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear TwoBoldlyGo,

Thank you for providing comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I am delighted to hear how well our location worked for your travel needs. Being conveniently located inside the airport provides our guests with a level of relaxation prior to or after a long flight. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit through Orlando. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Coatesville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Coming home from WDW on a Friday night our flight was delayed until 10:20 pm, then precisely at our departure time the flight was cancelled. An angry scrum formed around the gate counter as people tried to come up with a plan B. Of course we were at the back. After 1 pm we were finally at the counter. The airline was offering a flight on Sunday and one night at an offsite motel since the Hyatt was full. The network of smartphone equipped disgruntled passengers had armed me with vital knowledge. The Hyatt had opened up some rooms. Reluctantly we were given a voucher and a confirmation for a Sunday flight. When I asked about Saturday night I was told to call for reimbursement since they weren't giving more than 1 night. Around 2 am we were checked into the Hyatt. The room was spacious and clean and quiet. Service was friendly and professional. We stayed the next day at the airport and just relaxed. A couple of drinks at the lounge and 2 to go back to the room capped off a very peaceful day. We'll always remember fondly the time we "lived at the airport."

p.s. We DID get reimbursed for the second night! Not a bad way to end a whirlwind trip to WDW.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yellow-Stitch
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Yellow-Stitch,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I am delighted to hear you were able to obtain a room with us for the two extra nights of your Disney getaway. It is great to hear of the fantastic service you experienced while you were our guest. We take pride with ensuring our guestrooms are clean and comfortable, especially for guests with such late arrivals. I am glad you will always remember "living at the airport"!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was the final night of a quick business trip to FL. I had rented a car, so it had to be returned before check in. Since everything is at the airport, the convenience was fab. After returning the car, I found my way to the hotel. From the bellman at the top of the elevator, to the registration desk, everyone was very cheerful and friendly. After check-in, I double checked on my flight time, and found it was 2 hours earlier-glad I found that out in time. The room I thought would never show up, but once found, I was overwhelmed. Very large room, with a balcony overlooking the airport and hotel area which was very busy and bustling. After I settled in, the doors closed out all the sound from below making for a wonderful nights rest on the super comfy bed. Got up, checked out and printed boarding pass. My flight time was what I thought it was, 2 hours later. So, I returned to the hotel room until my time to get into the security line (which was a nightmare-TSA should be held to business standards-crowds and some standing around doing NOTHING. Infuriating!!!)

1 Thank Connie B
Hello CK-Bergin,

Thank you for providing details about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic service you experienced throughout your stay. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our large guest rooms. They provide our guests with a level of comfort that is unparallelled in other properties surrounding the airport. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a long flight and an hour and a quarter thro' immigration and a further half hour wait for luggage (if you can, do not use conveyor between satellite and main terminal ). It was wonderfull to just take the lift (elevator) to our room, which was very welcome !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoddyIghthamUK
Dear RoddyIghthamUK,

I appreciate you taking a moment to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. It is great to hear how convenient our location was for your travels after such a long flight. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next getaway to Florida.