“Excellent in every way!!!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #34 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent in every way!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a perfect stay! This hotel is an oasis right at the heart of Orlando's International Airport!!! After arriving from a long trip from Florence Italy, this hotel was a perfect find. Courteous and very professional staff greeted me at check in and it was paradise from then on. We were given a very nice, large and clean room overseeing the airport terminals and believe it or not, we were able to see people coming and going yet we did not hear any noise, not from the busy airport terminal and not from any plane taking off or landing. We were so tired from traveling that decided on room service for dinner. Courteous staff delivered our food and after having dinner, we had the best sleep time in months. The bed is very comfy. I do not want to leave the hotel yet our early flight to CLT will force us to do so. THANK YOU Hyatt Regency at MCO!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that your stay was so excellent. I am delighted that you found our staff to be courteous and professional at check in. We often hear feedback from guests who are surprised at how soundproof our rooms are, in spite of being at an airport. I am glad that you found this to be the case, as well. Our room service is a wonderful option after a long flight and I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of it. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Orlando.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you have an early departure out of MCO, you can't stay at a hotel more convenient than one that's in the terminal. This Hyatt Regency is nice, clean, has all up-to-date furnishings, and even includes a refrigerator in the room. The bed and pillows are comfortable, and the towels are soft and not like your typical over-bleached, sandpaper hotel towel. Like all Hyatts, there's even a small tube of toothpaste in your room in case you forget yours; or, take it along for your next trip as it's TSA-size approved.

McCoy's, the hotel restaurant, offers a nice variety of food in addition to your standard hotel food selections. Albeit a tad pricey (but what hotel restaurant isn't--you're paying for the convenience, after all), they offer anything from sushi to crab cakes, to burgers, and steak.

I had an issue with being double-charged for food during my stay, but the front desk quickly and kindly cleared everything up.

My only complaint about this hotel--and is the reason why I can't give it a 5 out of 5, is that I never sleep well here. It's not the bed or the a/c or the fact that Orlando is always humid. If you've never been through MCO, many of the guest rooms at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport have balconies that face the main security checkpoint area. I've always been put in one of these rooms (I believe they do have some rooms that do not open up onto the security checkpoint area). It can be VERY loud with Passengers literally right outside your hotel room queuing for security. The problem is that the balcony doors in these rooms are paper thin--in fact, at night, you can easily hear the water from the fountain in the security checkpoint lobby as if it was in your room with you, let alone the throngs of screaming kids early in the morning/late at night upset at having to leave the Happiest Place on Earth. If you're just looking for a place to crash before your flight, this isn't a bad option...you can always sleep on the plane.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a terminal-facing balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
St louis Mo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We flew in to Orlando the day before our cruise left out of Cape Canaveral. We decided to make a reservation at The Hyatt for conveinence. What a wonder hotel! The check in was quick and easy and the staff was wonderful. Our room had a balcony that looked out over the fountains in the airport. It was amazing that the design of the hotel almost removes any noise from the airport below. Very relaxing. Another great feature is there is a whole shopping mall inside the airport. Anything you need, clothes, shoes, anything you forgot to buy at the parks, etc. Even though we went in February and couldn't use it, the pool area on the roof was very inviting. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that our hotel was so ideally located for your needs. I’m glad that you enjoyed your room and balcony and that you found the room to be so well soundproofed. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about how convenient it is to be able to shop at the mall in the airport and I am glad to hear that you found this to be the case, as well. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Cape Canaveral.

Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Anytime we are traveling by air and there is a hotel at the airport that is where we stay! The convenience of being right there is well worth the price even though airport hotels tend to be on the expensive side. We had been traveling and had a car to return at the airport. It was wonderful to turn the car in and walk over to the hotel. I had never been in the Orlando airport before and found the hotel entrance a little strange, kind of behind some pillars and then up an elevator to the reception desk. Our room was very quiet. Dinner at McCoy's in the hotel was rather underwhelming except for the "fish bite" appetizer. That was great. After checkout the next day we merely had to take the elevator down, walk across a corridor and we were at security. Could not have been more convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Prince Edward Island
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel since our flight left bright and early the next morning. I had read the great reviews on Trip Advisor but always remain a little skeptical until I see something for myself. We dropped our rental car in the Parkade and found our way to the hotel with great ease. The airport is well marked and people are extremely friendly in Orlando. The front desk agent Dan could not do enough to help us - from giving us a very quiet inside room, to checking our morning flight, to suggesting restaurants for supper. We found our room to be serene, cozy and clean.There was lovely balcony to get some fresh air and a very elegant bathroom too. We decided to eat a simple supper at the bar in the hotel and were extremely pleased with our dishes - the spider sushi was terrific and my husband's burger was great too. The wait staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. We really didn't want to leave. What a lovely option if you need a nice hotel in the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you didn’t want to leave our hotel. I am delighted that Dan was able to provide you with such exceptional service and find you a suitable room, give you suggestions for restaurants, and also help you check in to your flight. I am glad that you found your room to be cozy and clean and that you also enjoyed the balcony. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in McCoy’s and that the staff were so friendly and efficient. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night after flying into Orlando. The next morning, we had to wake up early to meet our bus out to our cruise ship. Our flight the night before had arrived very late and we were all exhausted. I was impressed with how fast and easy the check in process was. It was comfortable and quiet. Our room had a balcony outside that looked over the airfield. In the morning we went to get breakfast in the "McCoy's" restaurant where there was a large buffet. The food was great and the wait service was even better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with an early flight or a cruise.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am glad that our location was such a convenient stopover between your flight and your cruise. It is wonderful to hear that your check in was both quick and simple. I am happy that you found your room to be both comfortable and quiet, and that you enjoyed your balcony. The breakfast buffet in McCoy’s is superb and I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of this, as well. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here the night before our return flight. We'd been wanting to see what it was like to stay IN an airport for a long time (Yes, we are easily amused). We are absolutely going to stay here on the eve of our flight home every single time we go to Orlando in the future! I really didn't think we'd enjoy it as much as we did. It was WONDERFUL not to have to worry about getting to the airport on time. It was very freeing; I didn't wake up anxious about worrying what time to check-out, packing up, loading the car, returning the car (which ALWAYS takes hours when you are close to missing a flight), dragging all our stuff to the ticket counter, going through security...etc. Check in was surprisingly pleasant & took about 2 minutes! Being the people-watchers we are, a balcony overlooking the atrium part of the terminal was a dream come true (ok not really but SO much fun!). You can also walk to an sitting area on your floor if you want to watch the tarmac + tram activity on the other side of the hotel.

Our favorite part by far, was the pool. I was thinking, "how great can an airport hotel BE?" We had time before it closed for the night so we took a quick dip. Not a large pool, but water was a GORGEOUS temperature even at night. You can look up while swimming and watch the planes come and go. A very pleasant surprise for a hotel INSIDE an airport! The only kinda weird thing was that this maintenance-looking guy was kinda lurking around. He just kind of stared into space, not at us though, pacing around the edge of the pool area, and once in a while he'd slip behind a tree and we'd be like "where did he go??" It was just...odd. I figured he was going to be doing the locking up, and waiting for 9 PM to arrive, but when it did turn 9 a very different man in a security blazer showed up to do it. Not sure what was going on there but definitely wouldn't keep us from using the pool again.

We went down to the grill/bar after showering and wanted to order something to take back to our room. We sat at one of the high tables circling the bar...for a pretty long time (at least 20 min) for someone to even greet us. I must say they were VERY busy for a Sunday nite + I think someone called in sick. Our waitress was SO nice; she did the best she could given that she was covering EVERY table + sitting area in the place. I ordered the spring rolls to go, and my daughter wanted just some chocolate ice cream in a bowl. I asked if the ice cream could be brought out while my food was being made; she said sure but it was probably 1/2 hour before the it came...almost completely melted. The food thing was NOT a big deal by ANY means. That was our ONLY issue during our stay.

As I said, we are DEFINITELY doing this EVERY time we leave Orlando from now on. Being able to have some dinner, walk around the many stores, and go for a swim made for a VERY relaxing and fun evening. The only thing I will do differently is get there earlier in the afternoon to have more time there!

Thumbs Up all around! Enthusiastically approved by an adult and a kid. Highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Orlando International!

Room Tip: It's your choice what you want to look at...we requested overlooking the terminal for the people...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am happy that our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the balcony on your room so much. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our pool. I hope we can welcome you back soon for your next trip to Orlando.