“A welcome surprise”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #35 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We flew in to Orlando the day before our cruise left out of Cape Canaveral. We decided to make a reservation at The Hyatt for conveinence. What a wonder hotel! The check in was quick and easy and the staff was wonderful. Our room had a balcony that looked out over the fountains in the airport. It was amazing that the design of the hotel almost removes any noise from the airport below. Very relaxing. Another great feature is there is a whole shopping mall inside the airport. Anything you need, clothes, shoes, anything you forgot to buy at the parks, etc. Even though we went in February and couldn't use it, the pool area on the roof was very inviting. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that our hotel was so ideally located for your needs. I’m glad that you enjoyed your room and balcony and that you found the room to be so well soundproofed. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about how convenient it is to be able to shop at the mall in the airport and I am glad to hear that you found this to be the case, as well. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Cape Canaveral.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Anytime we are traveling by air and there is a hotel at the airport that is where we stay! The convenience of being right there is well worth the price even though airport hotels tend to be on the expensive side. We had been traveling and had a car to return at the airport. It was wonderful to turn the car in and walk over to the hotel. I had never been in the Orlando airport before and found the hotel entrance a little strange, kind of behind some pillars and then up an elevator to the reception desk. Our room was very quiet. Dinner at McCoy's in the hotel was rather underwhelming except for the "fish bite" appetizer. That was great. After checkout the next day we merely had to take the elevator down, walk across a corridor and we were at security. Could not have been more convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel since our flight left bright and early the next morning. I had read the great reviews on Trip Advisor but always remain a little skeptical until I see something for myself. We dropped our rental car in the Parkade and found our way to the hotel with great ease. The airport is well marked and people are extremely friendly in Orlando. The front desk agent Dan could not do enough to help us - from giving us a very quiet inside room, to checking our morning flight, to suggesting restaurants for supper. We found our room to be serene, cozy and clean.There was lovely balcony to get some fresh air and a very elegant bathroom too. We decided to eat a simple supper at the bar in the hotel and were extremely pleased with our dishes - the spider sushi was terrific and my husband's burger was great too. The wait staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. We really didn't want to leave. What a lovely option if you need a nice hotel in the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you didn’t want to leave our hotel. I am delighted that Dan was able to provide you with such exceptional service and find you a suitable room, give you suggestions for restaurants, and also help you check in to your flight. I am glad that you found your room to be cozy and clean and that you also enjoyed the balcony. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in McCoy’s and that the staff were so friendly and efficient. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night after flying into Orlando. The next morning, we had to wake up early to meet our bus out to our cruise ship. Our flight the night before had arrived very late and we were all exhausted. I was impressed with how fast and easy the check in process was. It was comfortable and quiet. Our room had a balcony outside that looked over the airfield. In the morning we went to get breakfast in the "McCoy's" restaurant where there was a large buffet. The food was great and the wait service was even better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with an early flight or a cruise.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am glad that our location was such a convenient stopover between your flight and your cruise. It is wonderful to hear that your check in was both quick and simple. I am happy that you found your room to be both comfortable and quiet, and that you enjoyed your balcony. The breakfast buffet in McCoy’s is superb and I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of this, as well. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here the night before our return flight. We'd been wanting to see what it was like to stay IN an airport for a long time (Yes, we are easily amused). We are absolutely going to stay here on the eve of our flight home every single time we go to Orlando in the future! I really didn't think we'd enjoy it as much as we did. It was WONDERFUL not to have to worry about getting to the airport on time. It was very freeing; I didn't wake up anxious about worrying what time to check-out, packing up, loading the car, returning the car (which ALWAYS takes hours when you are close to missing a flight), dragging all our stuff to the ticket counter, going through security...etc. Check in was surprisingly pleasant & took about 2 minutes! Being the people-watchers we are, a balcony overlooking the atrium part of the terminal was a dream come true (ok not really but SO much fun!). You can also walk to an sitting area on your floor if you want to watch the tarmac + tram activity on the other side of the hotel.

Our favorite part by far, was the pool. I was thinking, "how great can an airport hotel BE?" We had time before it closed for the night so we took a quick dip. Not a large pool, but water was a GORGEOUS temperature even at night. You can look up while swimming and watch the planes come and go. A very pleasant surprise for a hotel INSIDE an airport! The only kinda weird thing was that this maintenance-looking guy was kinda lurking around. He just kind of stared into space, not at us though, pacing around the edge of the pool area, and once in a while he'd slip behind a tree and we'd be like "where did he go??" It was just...odd. I figured he was going to be doing the locking up, and waiting for 9 PM to arrive, but when it did turn 9 a very different man in a security blazer showed up to do it. Not sure what was going on there but definitely wouldn't keep us from using the pool again.

We went down to the grill/bar after showering and wanted to order something to take back to our room. We sat at one of the high tables circling the bar...for a pretty long time (at least 20 min) for someone to even greet us. I must say they were VERY busy for a Sunday nite + I think someone called in sick. Our waitress was SO nice; she did the best she could given that she was covering EVERY table + sitting area in the place. I ordered the spring rolls to go, and my daughter wanted just some chocolate ice cream in a bowl. I asked if the ice cream could be brought out while my food was being made; she said sure but it was probably 1/2 hour before the it came...almost completely melted. The food thing was NOT a big deal by ANY means. That was our ONLY issue during our stay.

As I said, we are DEFINITELY doing this EVERY time we leave Orlando from now on. Being able to have some dinner, walk around the many stores, and go for a swim made for a VERY relaxing and fun evening. The only thing I will do differently is get there earlier in the afternoon to have more time there!

Thumbs Up all around! Enthusiastically approved by an adult and a kid. Highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Orlando International!

Room Tip: It's your choice what you want to look at...we requested overlooking the terminal for the people...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am happy that our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed the balcony on your room so much. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our pool. I hope we can welcome you back soon for your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok you know about the location which is just perfect.
I was travelling on a late flight the following day and i needed to be able to sit comfortably after check out and this is why i chose this hotel ( i had stayed once previously but not reviewed ).
Check in was smooth and Michelle who was on reception was genuinely really lovely, not false and a credit to this company. I thought i'd try and get a late check out because of the flight which she said she would be able to give me a later check out which was just heavenly to me and a great end to my holiday. I booked on business level which gave you free wifi in the room and around the hotel and included breakfast. The rooms are nice and an excellent size but not as nice as i feel they could be and there were a few signs of wear in the bathroom but of good standard. I had a balcony overlooking the runway which was fantastic and it was great to watch the planes and i didn't find it noisy at all when the doors were closed. I thought there would have been a mini bar but i couldn't find one, that would have been a nice touch, i'm a sucker for them, i have to have something. You get an ipod docking station which was very handy. Everywhere is green, in the room, outside in the corridors, everywhere, it works very very well evoking calm everywhere...some parts of the hotel are so quiet you could hear a pin drop....and it's this green that does it.....clever and thoughtful and works....
The swimming pool is lovely and there is a smallish well equipped gym. I didn't try any of the food but i hear the burgers are good. After my late checkout you can relax in the massive foyer where you can always find a sofa to chill out on before your flight, this is such a big plus for me as i know my bags are put away, i can go to the loo without worrying or even close my eyes for a while. I will definitely come back again. Breakfast was quite elegant and lots of quality items to choose from, again the service and greeting were lovely. If i could improve 2 things it would be maybe an optional charge to stay in the room until i certain time for late flights ( if rooms are available ) i would certainly have taken that up, i did look in the hotel brochure and also i think the service in the bar area could be improved, i was sitting on a table with a bar menu and people were being served drinks but no one came to me despite me trying to prompt. I should have gotten up and gone to to the bar myself but i'm blaming the 'green' for being lazy....a delightful green stay.Thanks Hyatt, will be back

Room Tip: Ask for runway view if you're a plane spotter, ask for an atrium view if you are a people spotte...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello actornewbs,

Thank you for providing such detail about your recent visit to our hotel. Michelle will be recognized for the excellent service you received upon your arrival. Hyatt takes great pride with comments such as this. I am delighted you were able to relax before your flight. Often, we hear enthusiastic feedback from our guests regarding how quiet our hotel is, since we are inside the airport. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was our 3rd stay as a family at this hotel. While the rooms are pretty standard and noise from the airport can sometimes be an issue until late in the evening, the location is PERFECT when you have morning flights out of MCO the next day. The outdoor pool on the roof, in sight of planes landing/taking off, is a special treat for the kids. Having all the eating options in the airport just an elevator ride and short walk is also very nice. A little pricey, but the "peace factor" of no early morning scrambles to the airport makes it worthwhile.

Room Tip: A room not facing the airport atrium is probably quieter, though the view isn't as nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark D

Hi Mark D,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you have enjoyed your three stays with your family as our guests. I know how much kids enjoy watching the airplanes arrive & depart. It is great that you were able to enjoy our rooftop swimming pool while relaxing before your flight. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,