“Great for Disney Cruise”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #37 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had reservation here for 1 night before our Disney cruise. I was hesitant about booking because it is a little pricey. I am so glad I took the chance and did it. We checked in early & were so pleased to know a room was ready at 11am. I didn't have to call bell desk for my bags; they were delivered within minutes of us getting to our room. I was addressed by name & the bell hop brought us ice & explained what to expect in the morning with the cruise & bags. ( Let front desk know you are going on a Disney cruise) We had runway view. Kids liked it; I only heard the planes a few times. Very quiet considering. Our luggage was picked up morning of our cruise & we didn't have to deal with it on the bus which was great! It was in our stateroom just as promised! We had breakfast in hotel, then walked to the check in for our cruise. I thought the rooms were nice, but not super fancy. I gave the excellent rating because the service of all the employees was amazing and the convienience of the hotel was great. Next cruise I will be staying again!! We had a late flight after the cruise soI got a day rate & we relaxed in the room for the afternoon before the flight. Worth every penny!!

2  Thank Dani2409
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport for your pre cruise and post cruise. It is great to hear that you and your family found the service provided by the staff to be excellent. We have a great staff that prides themselves on creating a memorable experience for our guests. Your wonderful feedback and recommendation are greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcome you and your family back to our property the next time you are in Orlando!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great business experience. Convenience, superb location and professional staff. Thanks to Angie at the front desk and the staff at the Hemisphere and McCoys restaurant. Great dining experience. I forgot that I was at the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors have virtually no noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

It is always great to hear about our guests experience at our property. I am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly and professional. I will be sure to share your kind words with Angie at the front desk and all the staff at the Hemisphere restaurant and McCoy’s restaurant. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We flew in to Orlando and the next morning we were heading out for a cruise. As the cruise bus to the port left from the airport, this was a perfect choice, we thought. The location is amazing and easy to find. The friendly and welcoming front desk staff checked us in very quickly even though we were early. We chose a room that was facing outside so we could watch the planes coming and going. The rooms were very quiet and we did not hear one single plane all night in our room. The bed was comfortable and room was of average size. The wifi was spotty and I we saw some people sitting on the floor outside their room so they could get a better connection. There are many convenient shops to look through especially the theme park ones as we were not going to be visiting them and wanted to bring something back for our niece and nephew. There was a food court area in the airport but it closed down quite early.

The issue was the cleanliness and the shower was broken. We found sunflower seeds on the floor by the garbage, a Q-tip in the bathroom and cigarette butts on the balcony along with some areas that had obviously not been dusted in a long while. When we showered, there was an obviously leak in the floor and a huge pool of water gathered by the sink. When we checked out, we told the front desk staff about the state of the room but they did not seem too concerned nor did they offer to adjust something on our bill to reflect our dissatisfaction.

If they fixed the cleanliness and broken issues, I would happily rate this hotel much higher given it's other features.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are quiet. It is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear teeth-on-fork,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay. Any additional comments are always welcome, as we strive to better ourselves. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you and that our location proved to be beneficial for your needs. However, I am concerned that we missed the mark in relation to the guestroom and whether or not we exceeded your expectations. I am embarrassed that this happened and I am so very sorry you had to experience this. Please know that I have already taken these comments to our Executive Housekeeper as well as our Front Desk Manager so that this can be reviewed and addressed immediately.

I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future as we would love to welcome you back. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel at 407.825.1234

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here overnight before taking a Disney Cruise. It was very convenient to stay here and easy to leave the hotel and eat at the airport food court for dinner and breakfast. It would have been nice if the hotel offered a continental breakfast with the stay. The hotel has an arrangement with Disney Cruise Line and they took our bags and made sure they got on the Disney bus to go to the dock. You had to purchase the transfers through Disney to take advantage of this. We had two full size beds (should have gotten queen sized because it was very cramped - but for one night it was OK). The kids thought it was fun to people watch from the balcony to see if they could spot anyone from their schools who was also coming through the airport. More pricey than going off site, but the convenience was worth it. Use your AAA discount or any other discount you have access to.

1  Thank Luci_J_M

Dear Luci_J_M,

Thanks for taking the time to leave sucha great review. We really appreciate the comments you have left. I am happy that your transition to the cruise was seamless, as we try our hardest to make everything smooth and effortless. If your travels bring you back to the area, I hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here March 26, 2013.
Pricey hotel but nice to stay right in the airport.
Clean rooms and comfy beds.
Restaurants are close.
It is also quiet - no loud airplane sounds
Great to be able to check in and out right on your phone and use a kiosk to get your keys.

Dear Kelly W,

Thanks for leaving a review about our property! I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with everything you needed, especially a quiet room. Our location makes traveling a little bit easier.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations when your travels bring you back through Orlando.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here March 20 as I had attended the golf tournament in Orlando and had a 6:30am flight the next day to Buffalo. Reservations were made about a month in advance online but called afterwards to request a room with a runway view. Was told by the agent that the standard king faces inwards but we could be upgraded to a deluxe king with a runway view. We agreed and that was that. At the check-in desk the agent noticed our request and informed us that their deluxe kings do not face the runway but she had one standard king left that does have a runway view. We told her of our previous changes and she apologized and took care of it with a discount when she definitely didn't have to. We were on the 9th floor which was great because we had reservations at Hemispheres, the Hyatt restaurant located on the 9th floor. Food and service at the restaurant was great. Ordered the chowder, oysters, filet, and a bottle of Malbec and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel room was great. Great view, comfy bed, fridge, clean and spacious bathroom as well. I enjoy watching planes takeoff and land so it was nice to hang out on the balcony and take in the sights. Went down to the airport terminal at night and printed my boarding pass. A quick trip down the elevator and a right turn and I was in the security line at 5am. This hotel is obviously convenient especially for anyone with an early morning flight. The excellent service throughout the whole establishment will bring us back very shortly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tiger22244

Thank you for your recommendation. It is our biggest compliment! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the service and found your room to be well appointed. It is great to hear that you were able to experience our restaurant Hemisphere Steak & Seafood. Hemisphere offers great views of the runways and provides upscale dining with casual dress attire. I am glad our location worked perfectly for your early morning flight. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel very much as we arrived in Orlando late into the evening and had to start our cruise the next day. The brief walk through the airport to the hotel was great ! and once wde checked in off to the room for some sleep before we started or disney adventure. The services teams, were alays asking if we need help or what they couod do for us. so to bestput it to you the readers AMAZING !!!!

Stayed Feb 2012, travelled with family

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul W
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I’m delighted to read that you had an amazing experience at our property. I’m glad our location was perfect for your late arrival and early morning departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando!